Dubstep was never pop, Dance music was never pop, Rock was never pop, Rnb... Hell, any genre we could name was probably never pop.

But as some point in the history of music and radio, every genre became pop in some way.

Muse are a massive part of pop music, the simple fact that the majority of us are now here is a direct of Muse being pop.

Anyone realise that the majority of todays hits still use actual guitars? The fact that producers can manipulate their sound so fantastically doesn't stop them from being guitars.

Personally, what producers can do with sound nowadays is fantastic, in the same way that Muse manipulate distortion and the kaoss pad.

Dubstep was never pop, Dance music was never pop, Rock was never pop, Rnb... Hell, any genre we could name was probably never pop.

But as some point in the history of music and radio, every genre became pop in some way.

Muse are a massive part of pop music, the simple fact that the majority of us are now here is a direct of Muse being pop.

I'm still waiting for avant gard metal/math core Katy Pery style though.

Some muse songs are pop; I meant to distinguish them from what I was originally talking about.

I'd say muse have many different styles, sometimes they can be pop, some times they're not.

Mostly they're pop in the singles I think.

Your most sensible post yet.

Not that it says very much.

Genres are a big pile of wank. Why the fuck would anyone want to categorise music so tightly?

Genres these days have become marketing tools - hook people on a specific 'brand' of music and suck them dry.

Yup. I know I was arguing about this just before, but honestly I couldn't give a shit. If its good or not is all that should matter.

That's actually something I love about muse. Even though they do confirm to certain elements they don't tether themselves to any particular sound.

Yup. I know I was arguing about this just before, but honestly I couldn't give a shit. If its good or not is all that should matter.

That's actually something I love about muse. Even though they do confirm to certain elements they don't tether themselves to any particular sound.

I have to agree with this here.

What happened to this thread :noey:

I can see Panic Station being the pop number from The 2nd Law. If it's where the groove is. :LOL:

I'm really looking forward to that, The 2nd Law (the whole two parts), Supremacy and Big Freeze, probably just based on their titles.

My attempt to get the thread back on track didn't work. :noey:

Archived