Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Still waiting on my email though money has been taken out of my account. Do they send the confirmation email to the address you submitted as part of the application or the one you origionally signed up with? If it's the later then I'm screwed as it doesn't exist anymore...

I'm not sure what is the point of blaming the band or management or Santa Claus for the way this system was designed..? The point is, it didn't work. I got tickets and I'm pleased with that but I could have easily been unsuccessful.

The idea of members applying for tickets in a sort of lottery isn't bad (we all knew that many would be unsuccessful) - it's the fact that touts still have access to it that is the problem. This could have been avoided with the ID thing. If they don't yet want to go for ID-ing every buyer for a general sale (or even a pre-sale) for now, OK. But it could have been done easily for a lottery such as this one and we'd be sure that those who were lucky are fans :(

All in all, the band is massive now and doing less gigs also doesn't help cos it's more fans and less tickets.

It's stuff like this that makes me LOL when I see people who want the band to do small, intimate venues. If it goes like this for big indoor venues across europe, imagine what it would be for smaller ones!

Someone on Muselive said that they emailed crowdsurge and got a response saying their application wasn't even validated as their email address wasn't on the members list, despite being a member of the site for years.

I reckon that the reason so many people haven't heard anything at all yet is because their applications were rejected too, possibly because someone fucked up and didn't give Crowdsurge an accurate list...

I'm not happy with this pre-sale either.

I didn't get tickets, which sucks massively, but is not the main problem. Having to wait for ages for that bloody "unsuccessful" email was a bloody nightmare. Woke up this morning to bad news and found the email arrived at 5:36 AM, probably like many others.

I had no problems with any money being held, but I can imagine how horrible that is, especially if you need that very money to get the tickets in the general sale.

Also ... yes I was aware this was a lottery, but I'm still annoyed at the fact that I registered for tickets in the first 5 minutes without thinking about it and didn't get them. Feels like being a good Muser and then getting a slap across the face :(

And reading through this thread and Twitter there are a quite a few more problems, such as not having an email at all yet.

I'd get up in the middle of the night for a pre-sale if I had to, but this, this cries out for improvement.

EDIT: also, I hear there are already tickets on eBay, brilliant ... not

I'll have to wait until I get home, then copy and paste what my friend Laura told me about this particular sale and how the company Crowdsurge works.

That's if facebook will let me even see her post, they keep appearing and disappearing!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't access the posts via facebook on my computer so have copied and typed it from the posts on the Android app, where I can see the posts.

This is the info (and it's from someone who has a fair amount of knowledge regarding the inner-workings of the band and their management).

Laura ****** FYI guys, Muse are selling tickets themselves for the pre-sale I believe. Don't know how the main sale will work, and if it's only going through muse.mu

Laura ****** MEMO TO MATT: self-producing doesn't work, nor is managing your own ticket sales

Laura ****** ‎@sally -CrowdSurge was established in January 2008 to provide white-label e-commerce software, hardware, and marketing solutions to artists, brands, promoters, and venues, enabling them to sell tickets directly to fans

So, the band, or certainly Matt at least, must have known about how the system works (or should work, if handled correctly) and must also now be aware of the farce it quickly became.

As for the person who suggested it's pointless apportioning blame, get real and read back over the numerous issues of varying kinds so many people have had. You think we should all shut-up and not complain??! :rolleyes:

Voted no, still haven't received any sort of email (at least I know I've been unsuccessful as I've got my money back now) and not getting any response from Crowdsurge. The thing that's also annoying is that some people seem to have got a pre-sale link for 9am tomorrow in their unsuccessful email and others didn't...

I reckon that the reason so many people haven't heard anything at all yet is because their applications were rejected too, possibly because someone fucked up and didn't give Crowdsurge an accurate list...

My muse.mu account was created automatically for me from my forum account when muse.mu accounts were originally set up, I wonder whether this caused any issues...

I was lucky enough to get my tickets for Manchester but this presale was a bit of a farce. I'm not sure what it was designed to achieve really, it certainly wasn't to stop touting or to reward 'superfans'.

At the end of the day, there aren't nearly enough tickets to go around and a lot of people are going to be disappointed no matter how ticket sales are done.

FWIW, I thought the Radiohead system was garbage too, and so didn't bother with them.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ps. In reply to the expert on the double-billing thing, it wasn't the usual pre-authorisation and then authorisation of that payment process.....they pre-authorised a payment and then took another seperate payment rather than taking that first payment....so I now have to wait until next week until my card provider can cancel the first one....in the meantime those funds aren't available to me. Amateurs.

I'm wondering if they'll do the same thing with the US tour, or maybe this was a test.

The presales are usually a nightmare no matter what. I wish there was a way they could just do a regular presale and allocate more tickets, without the touts scarfing them up.

I like the idea but it does seem to have been executed poorly by Crowdsurge.

We're not going to get anywhere with this if promoters keeping handing companies like Seatwave and viagogo tickets, and of course there less tickets than demand in any case, so there's always going to be trouble with this sort of thing, but it has been executed rather poorly.

This is just from the outside - I can imagine it being even worse for people who actually applied.

I was lucky enough to get my tickets for Manchester but this presale was a bit of a farce. I'm not sure what it was designed to achieve really, it certainly wasn't to stop touting or to reward 'superfans'.

At the end of the day, there aren't nearly enough tickets to go around and a lot of people are going to be disappointed no matter how ticket sales are done.

FWIW, I thought the Radiohead system was garbage too, and so didn't bother with them.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ps. In reply to the expert on the double-billing thing, it wasn't the usual pre-authorisation and then authorisation of that payment process.....they pre-authorised a payment and then took another seperate payment rather than taking that first payment....so I now have to wait until next week until my card provider can cancel the first one....in the meantime those funds aren't available to me. Amateurs.

As a matter of interest what is it that you didn't like about the radiohead presale?

No one is disappointed because the gigs sold out and some fans won't get tickets, everyone is disappointed because this method of pre-sale was used in order to stop touts, and it didn't work.

Stopping ticket scalping is very difficult. It if was easy we wouldn't routinely end up with thousands of tickets listed on eBay and bands would already have adopted the solution. But that's not the case and it's a complicated issue.

One problem is that a lot of people seem to still think of touts as the guys you see outside venues, and whilst I'm sure they buy their fair share of tickets, in the age of eBay it's just as likely to be a housewife who doesn't have a qualm with doing something most fans think is morally wrong. You only have to look at the examples of people attempting to sell tickets for charity concerts or Olympic Torches on eBay to realise not everyone has equal morals.

A staggered release of tickets would mitigate that, and websites have for a very long time used a method where the rickets are help while details are entered and then released if the transaction isn't completed.

A staggered release would make a lot of sense, but promoters want their money as soon as possible - if a gig doesn't sell enough tickets it's not uncommon for the event to be cancelled (although this would be highly unlikely for Muse!)

Named tickets might help, but what happens if I can't go and want to give the ticket to my friend? Selling tickets only to fans registered on a forum would be good to fans but what about new fans or those not registered? There's no simple solution. I applaud Muse for trying to help fans get tickets - a lot of bands wouldn't give a shit.

It might be common but it isn't familiar, and there was little explanation as to how it would work and what the details of it were.

This sort of information would have been useful beforehand. It would have stopped people maxing out their credit unaware that they were doing so. The main site talks about card authorisation but most people associate that with security checks - not an authorisation to change their credit balance.

From memory the website did state something like "payment will be authorised" which seemed pretty clear to me. Besides, if it stated only one application per person, why would you try and get more? Surely submitting multiple applications and trying to get more tickets than a fellow fan is just as unfair as a scalper buying tickets?

The lack of understanding of how credit cards or banks work is a shame though. Perhaps my background in payment systems helps me, but really this is the kind of information we should be teaching kids in schools. If this e-petition hadn't already reached 100,000 signatures I'd recommend you sign it.

If someone's got a card with £300 of credit and tries to buy £500 of tickets it's not going to work is it? And surely that's down to them not managing or understanding their own credit card?

...it wasn't the usual pre-authorisation and then authorisation of that payment process.....they pre-authorised a payment and then took another seperate payment rather than taking that first payment....so I now have to wait until next week until my card provider can cancel the first one....in the meantime those funds aren't available to me. Amateurs.

If that's what theyre doing that then you're right - amateurs!

At the moment, I would say it's a good idea poorly executed.

I didn't get tickets and haven't got my money back from being held aside yet. If it's not back in time for the ticket sale tomorrow and I can't get a ticket because of this system, then I will really rage.

As for the person who suggested it's pointless apportioning blame, get real and read back over the numerous issues of varying kinds so many people have had. You think we should all shut-up and not complain??! :rolleyes:

Where in the world did I say that? :rolleyes: How about reading posts properly before jumping down people's throats?

It matters little whose idea was to use this system in the sense that the means we have for our complaints/suggestions/opinions to be heard are all the same regardless of who had the most input in this!!

We can use this board, emails to management, twitter, telling someone we know that works for the band, etc, etc - no matter who was mostly behind the idea of the application system. There's no choosing one over the other, they're all useful and should all be used.

Does anyone know if there will be a pre-sale tomorrow morning for other countries than the UK? (more specifically the Netherlands)

I've not gotten any kind of e-mail yet, but I'm also not able to check my bank account, so I have no idea if I've gotten the tickets yes or no. I'm not keen on taking my chances with the general sale tomorrow, since that's always gone quite badly for me.

Any kind of information would be very much appreciated!

A complete and utter failure. Crowdsurge don't seem to know what they did with my money so I probably won't be able to get a ticket tomorow morning either. They should not have taken money out of my account if they weren't able to return it as soon as they knew I wasn't getting a ticket.

I've been on and off the phone/email since 10am this morning. I've wasted my day.

I don't think I'll even bother trying to go to London now. This experience has put me off.

Archived