Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Same for me. No e-mail saying whether I have been successful or not, no money taken from account. If anybody could please send me the link for the pre-sale of The Netherlands (Amsterdam) then it would be much appreciated!

Conclusion: not happy with this pre-sale method AT ALL as I have absolutely no idea whether I have tickets now or not and if I should be trying for tickets during the general sale tomorrow. Not cool at all!!!

The presale was a bit of a disaster... mainly people being left hanging with money frozen in their bank accounts. A lot of those people now can't afford to buy tickets Tomorrow because they haven't got any cash left spare. Thankfully I used a credit card so can afford to have another go so it doesn't affect me but I really feel for those people who now can't go at all.

The other issue I have is the fact that so many people signed up and ordered these pre-sale tickets with the deliberate intention of putting them on ebay at more than twice the face value cost.

When ordering pre-sale tickets you should be forced to collect the tickets from the venue with the card you used to pay on the night of the gig if you're successful.

It's disgraceful. Having failed to get tickets I'm pretty annoyed to see dozens of entries for Midlands venues on Ebay already going for up to £320 for two tickets :(

No it was an utter shambles, the only thing I can count myself lucky for is atleast I got an email to sat I was unsuccessful!! People are still selling tickets on eBay and seatwave therea now less tickets available for the pre-sale tommorow and the rest for the general public.

They should do what Barcelona FC do, when buying tickets you can only pick them up from the stadium on match day or collect them from an ATM inside the stadium. To do that you need your passport on you and your name is saved on a system. Yeah it's an awkward way and is a bit of hassel but it's nearly bullet proof to prevent tickets from being touted.

Would be a he'll of alot easier if they done 4 more Dates on the tour, double bight in glasgow/Aberdeen, Liverpool, another midlands and another in London. That's the easiet way to keep fans happy and prevent or atleast bring the prices down from touts.

Haven't got an e-mail. Not gettting tickets I can deal with because demand far outstrips supply but seeing tickets on Ebay already completely defeats the point of a fan presale. Therefore, no I am not happy with the experience.

Massive fail. If it was meant to be for fans, it shouldn't have been possible for absolutely anyone at all to register onto .mu the very same day or later simply to apply for these tickets and then get them.

If they wanted to give fans a chance ahead of everyone else, why not just give us a pre-sale in the first place like they've done in the past? A 'lottery' doesn't ensure success of any kind and totally defeats the purpose of offering tickets to fans first, as loyal musers missed out whereas randomers and touts registered within the past week, got tickets and have already listed them on eBay! :rolleyes:

To add insult to injury, they offered the pre-sale afterwards to unsuccessful people! So, if you got a ticket in this lottery thing, you only had the option of applying to ONE show ahead of the general sale. But if you didn't get a ticket, you have the option of applying to ALL the UK shows ahead of general sale. How is that fair?

Anyways, I could ramble on, but you get the jist. Royal cock-up, haha.

Is the presale link to Crowdsurge or Gigs and Tours?

Still waiting for mine.

Gigs and Tours - good luck - hope you receive it soon! (If it was a link to croudshmerge then I'd probably ignore it and just try on another site after all this!)

And no, I wasn't happy - didn't get tickets but the organisation and fact that touts had tickets on ebay etc was very disappointing. I'm sure there could be a system - with names / id etc which means that only fans with the intention of going can get tickets. By all means have a process for giving your ticket to a mate if you break your leg or something - but let it be a hassle, and online form, can only change one name if buying bulk tickets etc. to discourage touts and those who just see it as a way of quickly doubling their money.

Good luck to all those still without tickets in the pre-sale/general sale tomorrow and congrats to all you lucky fans who beat the touts to have your tickets safely allocated :D

The only problem I had was that the total for my three Manchester tickets that I wanted (and I hasten to add that they are for personal use, not for touting!) wouldn't display when using Internet Explorer, so I switched to Firefox and all was fine.

I was very pleased to be notified in the early hours today that I was successful, so I guess I was lucky. So no complaints from me really, although I agree that it was a lottery and wouldn't stop touts from buying up tickets for profit.

Last time around I failed to get a ticket for Manchester through official sources (despite having a ticket 'in my basket' during the final release but being unable to pay for it quickly enough) so had to resort to a well known auction site. But I was lucky to find a ticket being sold for genuine reasons that only cost the face value plus a proportion of the booking and credit card fees.

Overall, this presale definitely worked for me. But I can understand the disappointment if you were unsuccessful; Muse is, afterall, one of, if not the greatest band(s) ever!

People who are asking for the link aren't going to get anything. People have been told NOT to share the link because it means their chances of getting a ticket are lowered and mods have asked the link NOT to be posted on the forums so stop asking.

If you haven't got the link, bad luck. Stop asking others for it.

Not happy with this system. Go back to the old one please.

So essentially,

"I got tickets. But I understand how some people might have been frustrated. But I got tickets."

or

"I didn't get tickets and this system sucks. Muse sucks. Fuck the police."

I got a ticket but I still despire this 'presale experience' it's unfair. I agree with someone's comment yesterday how it should have been for fans who were already signed up before the pre-sale was announced. :facepalm:

I do believe they meant well..

Well thats this summed up.

Oh and dear touts. FUCK YOU :)

I have failed at winning tickets, not only that I haven't received the gigs and tours presale link email, if anyobody who has could take pity on me please email it to jamiledesma@hotmail.co.uk starting to panick now! X

You joined today, do you really think we are that dumb. Expect spam.

I luckily was successful but after several days of worry etc with IE not working, money in, money out, shake it all about carry on but I am really p'eed right off about the new presale and people being able to get tix for any of the dates. I applied for all UK gigs and got Manchester now it will be a nightmare trying to get tix for the other gigs tomorrow in the normal sale. Not happy at all!!!!!!

Been a member for years applied for O2 London got bugger all, Husband who has been a member for far less time applies for Prague and gets 2 tickets so I shouldn't moan....HOWEVER....pissed off to see someone from States applied for O2 gets them can't go (what a F....ing surprise!!!) and is now trying to sell

Something's not right!!!

However...I have the precious link - will try to see if this will work tomorrow before venting more steam tomorrow:mad:

The problems with this 'lottery' are:

The IE frustration where cards were declined even though they had funds.

The lackadaisical issuing of emails - surely one press of a button could forward them all together.

The absence of communication throughout the waiting period.

STILL no email either way for my friend.

And as Pip said, all and sundry have received the pre-sale link while my Muser mate hasn't heard a dicky bird.

F*cking disgusted,upset and yes, I was unsuccessful.

Have you seen how many of these exclusive pre-sale tickets which were meant for the true fans are now on ebay?

I'm so angry about the whole thing, I've been a fan for 10 years and personally I thought the method that worked best was when we were sent a pre-order code (I think it was the Teignmouth gig?) because the pre-order didn't go mental straight away and everyone had a fair shot

I really don't know if I want to go through the same stress tomorrow morning with the 9am pre-sale. I love Muse but this sort of experience is grossly unfair on those of us who just want to see the guys :(

Archived