Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Yup ^

But the questions remains where Sam get his statistics from, seeing as he claims the majority had a decent experience?

I would imagine from being involved in the setting up and overseeing of the application process.

Still not received an email telling me whether or not my application was successful. Lol, not.

Me too Pip... me too.. the only reason I know I wasn't successful is because the money was released back into my account... at 8pm last night ...

hi,

I, XXXXX (Spain) cancel all business transactions with Crowdsurge including the order XXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX

Not approve any new charge on my Visa card with number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, and request the return of the two charges of 182€ each made days 07 June 2012 and 12 June 2012 in same Visa card.

I require for the 3rd time to cancel the shipment of any goods in my name and require what Crowdsurge refund the amounts charged for canceled any commercial transaction regarding concert tickets what i have or have had in recent days with Crowdsurge. Likewise I agree to return any merchandise receive in the past (none receive) and in the future concerning this transaction commercial with Crowdsurge.

Reasons:

1 Damage economic interests of me.

2 Blocking money for days not authorized for me.

3 Duplicity of transactions on my injury.

4 Unauthorized charges to my bank account.

5 Abuse of my authorization.

6 Breach of contract in commercial transactions online.

7 Moral damage.

8 Consider it a scam.

I expect a response as soon as possible of Crowdsurge, preferably by: 1 phone 2 email. If not receive response I understand that are aware of the cancellation of any commercial transaction with Crowdsurge in recent days, particularly that relating to the order number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX , I send copies bottom....

Best regards,

Juan A. R.

I know this board is sick of Muse being compared to Radiohead but some interesting statistics:

Radiohead did a presale for their UK where each tickets is nominative, plus for the general sale people who bought tickets have to be present on the day as the tickets can only be collected at the venue with ID and card from purchase as a results (UK gigs only):

Ebay:

- Radiohead: 1 listing on ebay

- Muse: 200 listings

Viagogo:

- Radiohead: 1 page (11 listings)

-Muse: 5 pages

Seatwave:

- Radiohead: 20 listings for 3 gigs (1 page each)

- Muse: couldn't count but well over 100/200 listings

So it shows that presale and sale for fans with minimum tickets going to touts do exist.

I did not receive the first email, either. No early bird presale link for me. :mad:

I don't think it would have mattered anyway, a lot of people couldn't get on and a lot of those who did got nothing.

The presale wasn't a go'er for me as I'm an older Muser with a bad back so standing wasn't an option.

But I've got my "seat" now so I' a happy bunny.

I probably don't qualify as "older" :D, but everything else is true for me as well. ;)

That said, I would've liked it if there'd been a pre-sale where you could get tickets a few days earlier by entering a certain code, like for The Resistance shows.

I didn't get an email from CrowdSurge yet, and still don't have an official confirmation/declination.

But Sam sent me an answer to my email and told me, that from the information she oder he got, I didn't get any tickets in this crazy lottery. Even though the 234,- € (4 tickets) are still frozen on my bank account. And no email from CrowdSurge. It's simply unbelievable

Luckily I managed to buy two standing tickets this morning, but I don't know, if my friends are going to get some, too. Awkward.

Wonder, if CrowdSurge is ever going to contact all the people who failed to get tickets.

AWFUL system. I really do appreciate the effort, and I know it must be tricky to stop touts and not make things a nightmare for fans.

You can definintely go to far the other way with things like photos on tickets and what-have-you, so you have to pay for the privilege of giving a ticket to a friend if you find you can't go.

The system could have been great if it worked. But it didn't. They told us no money would be taken until we had tickets confirmed, so I held off moving savings over, and then found I had been billed and was now over-drawn.

I got tickets for Birmingham, but have still heard nothing about Hamburg, and haven't had my money returned yet if I haven't got them. I found a number for Crowdsurge on Twitter, but as far as I can tell, the Muse team haven't provided any solution to contacting them if you're STILL waiting to hear.

Loads of people couldn't afford to join the scrum of the general sale as Crowdsurge were still holding funds even after they were unsuccessful.

Basically? Utter shambles. Not happy.

I'm not happy at all. I applied through Crowdsurge ballot for the Birmingham date but didn't receive any e-mails to say whether or not I'd been successful. Have managed to track down contact details for Crowdsurge and they've helpfully told me that I was unsuccessful so I should try and get tickets online...erm, can't they're sold out you see.

I don't mind in the slightest not being successful in a ballot but if they say they're going to notify you in advance of the general sale, then they really do need to do that. I would have been better off chancing my arm when the general sale started. Soooooo....no Muse gig for me this time round it appears. Ah well, I'm sure staff at Crowdsurge are wracked with guilt... *sob*

I'm not happy at all. I applied through Crowdsurge ballot for the Birmingham date but didn't receive any e-mails to say whether or not I'd been successful. Have managed to track down contact details for Crowdsurge and they've helpfully told me that I was unsuccessful so I should try and get tickets online...erm, can't they're sold out you see.

I don't mind in the slightest not being successful in a ballot but if they say they're going to notify you in advance of the general sale, then they really do need to do that. I would have been better off chancing my arm when the general sale started. Soooooo....no Muse gig for me this time round it appears. Ah well, I'm sure staff at Crowdsurge are wracked with guilt... *sob*

There are still seats available for Birmingham, just no standing left unfortunately :/

I know this board is sick of Muse being compared to Radiohead but some interesting statistics:

Radiohead did a presale for their UK where each tickets is nominative, plus for the general sale people who bought tickets have to be present on the day as the tickets can only be collected at the venue with ID and card from purchase as a results (UK gigs only):

So it shows that presale and sale for fans with minimum tickets going to touts do exist.

I think there are plenty of ways to minimise tout buying, but I guess the headlines look good as 'muse gig sold out within 5 minutes' :noey:

Pretty awful - I'm still pissed off because the muse.mu presale didn't apply to seated tickets. The arrangement for Wembley, where you were allocated a code to enter, worked brilliantly. Managed to get two seated for Manchester, but in block 209 - hate to think what they will be like, but at least we'll be going. I thought the system would be fair for all fans!

Next time, please consider those who cannot stand for whatever reason::mad:

My main issue with the presale isn't of the concept of the lottery... It's the organisation, or lack of.

It doesn't seem like there was any sort of screening process to determine whether the person who applied for ticket had an account prior to the presale being announced or whether they applied after. It is pretty obvious that the people that applied after presale was announced did it on a whim and some of them would've also been touts.

The .mu site said tickets would be allotted on the 13th; Crowdsurge on the 12th-- and it occurred over the two. They also said everyone would know by the 13th, successful or not... But actually it's now the following day and still some people haven't heard.

Crowdsurge customer services had no idea what was going on either. They'd say one thing and then something else would happen. Updating us generally didn't happen and individual cases weren't dealt with to an acceptable standard or time.

Then some people received presale links and others didn't-- they didn't even tell people how they decided to do that. And if it was random, then really that's not fair either.

They also could of given us a little indication as to how many tickets were going to be allotted to presale. It could of given us an idea as to how many tickets we were all scrabbling over.

The biggest qualm I have is the fact that they said that no funds would be taken prior to being successful for tickets. Instead, they have 'reserved' funds-- which means although they haven't physically taken any money in transactions they've made the money unavailable to us so it's like taking it from us anyway. They didn't warn us so some people have been massively caught out and then ended up being overdrawn or missing out on tickets altogether. And then we've been told that some release of funds isn't going to be for 14 days? (That's more of a bank thing, but some warning would've been nice!)

Bottom line; CrowdSurge couldn't handle it, it ended up going to the dogs... Which meant general sale became worse-- because more people/fans that would've had tickets from presale ended up out in the lurch and none of us really knew what was going on.

It doesn't seem like there was any sort of screening process to determine whether the person who applied for ticket had an account prior to the presale being announced or whether they applied after.

That bit annoyed me. I know several people who signed up on Saturday because they heard through the grapevine about the pre-sale. I've been signed up as a member here for years (not on the forums thus my late join date to the left) and didn't get tickets and some of those who signed up on Saturday did get tickets. That really boiled my blood :/

I did end up getting tickets this morning in the 9am sale so I've ended up happy overall but the official pre-sale was a bit of a disaster and very unfair to loyal members.

Archived