Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

i'm absolutely unhappy. still don't know if i got tickets or if i have to get up tomorrow early in the morning, to hope again, that i'll get tickets in my second try. besides the double-trouble i have to hope that i don't end up with eight tickets instead of four.

on the one hand i haven't received any email confirmation or declination yet. on the other hand, there is a huge amount of money (234,- euro which would mean 4 tickets) "saved/frozen for booking". should be a good sign, but then again it isn't, unless i get an email. i really don't know how to understand all this silliness and if i should or should not try to buy some tickets tomorrow.

it would have been a lot easier to go by "first come first serve". simply the only way not to confuse the people.

what about the people who haven't received an email yet: are you going to buy some tickets tomorrow, or would you rather wait untill you get a confirmation oder declination?

(pls don't judge poor grammar or vocabulary..)

Not a good idea. We pooled 5 applications and got 3, spread across the two days. Two were newly signed up for this. Happy with our tickets but we were able to withstand the financial hit, many could not. Unique link for members with some 'history/loyalty' should have been the way IMO.

Sorry just realise that middle paragraph doesn't make sense, the person that bought the ticket needs to collect the tickets from the stadium with the same card used to purchase them.

Spot on. That's how Radiohead did it and good tickets were pretty easy to get. No touts bothering to get them and no tickets appearing on eBay. Shame more bands don't take a bit more interest in the ticket allocation. It's easy to put the touts off. But I guess the ticketing companies are calling the shots and all they want to do is sell the ticket. They don't care who gets them.

i'm absolutely unhappy. still don't know if i got tickets or if i have to get up tomorrow early in the morning, to hope again, that i'll get tickets in my second try. besides the double-trouble i have to hope that i don't end up with eight tickets instead of four.

on the one hand i haven't received any email confirmation or declination yet. on the other hand, there is a huge amount of money (234,- euro which would mean 4 tickets) "saved/frozen for booking". should be a good sign, but then again it isn't, unless i get an email. i really don't know how to understand all this silliness and if i should or should not try to buy some tickets tomorrow.

it would have been a lot easier to go by "first come first serve". simply the only way not to confuse the people.

what about the people who haven't received an email yet: are you going to buy some tickets tomorrow, or would you rather wait untill you get a confirmation oder declination?

(pls don't judge poor grammar or vocabulary..)

I'll get tickets tomorrow via general sale, I have to. Although I haven't got any confirmation email yet, but I can't wait it because I don't know how long it'll take. I know Finland's gig will be sold out again, so if I don't get tickets tomorrow, I have to buy them via "black market".

In itself I'm lucky because my payment is still unchanged. Everything is very well if I just have tickets on my hands tomorrow..

For anyone new to this ticket-buying lark, don't give up the minute the screen tells you your gig has sold-out! Keep trying for as long as you have the time to do so because many people have secured tickets hours after they first saw the 'sold-out' screen ;)

For anyone new to this ticket-buying lark, don't give up the minute the screen tells you your gig has sold-out! Keep trying for as long as you have the time to do so because many people have secured tickets hours after they first saw the 'sold-out' screen ;)

Good point!

Good point!

Also good to bear in mind is the fact that in the time it takes to post on here/facebook/twitter etc, saying "Still not got a ticket, server busy, sold-out", someone else will have bought a ticket you could have had. Just concentrate on getting your tickets :)

Also good to bear in mind is the fact that in the time it takes to post on here/facebook/twitter etc, saying "Still not got a ticket, server busy, sold-out", someone else will have bought a ticket you could have had. Just concentrate on getting your tickets :)

My brother normally buys the tickets but it's me today....So do I just keep refreshing till I get through to the details screen?

This was a complete and utter shambles.... a ballot that awarded tickets to people who then put them straight on eBay and real fans that missed out, emails not being sent, multiple deductions or 'holds' on peoples bank accounts, then a presale link that was supposed to go to those that missed out the ballot that didn't go to everyone.. it was a complete comedy of errors except I found it less than funny.

I've supported Muse since 2003, I've been to 11 gigs over the years.... I now have to take my chances with the GS as I didn't get any tickets in the ballot, I didn't get ANY MAILS and therefore missed out on the presale.. A total fucking joke.

If you wanted it for real fans to avoid the touts (as much as you could) then The Teignmouth and Wembley models are the way to go.

So being a lucky recipient of the special Pre-sale link I used it and managed to get seated at O2 in London on Friday...lucky me - yes I agree but even this was a complete tits up!!!

The link wasn't active until 5 minutes after 9am, Saturday was my preference and I got to choose standing tickets but after sitting and filling in all the address and payment details and hitting submit I was told they had all gone and had to do the process again for Friday by which time standing all gone too....

Muse and or management - in fact whoever arranged the ticket release for this tour it was piss poor at best...sort your shit out!!:mad::mad:

Dear Muse Members,

We've read all your comments regarding the muse.mu member ticket application process and we'd just like to say that we're sorry that quite a few of you seem to have had a negative experience.

This of course was far from what we had intended when we launched the application. What we wanted to do was to give you all a less stressful and fairer way of accessing tickets.

We hope that by now Crowdsurge have dealt with any outstanding problems. If they haven't, please contact us directly on help@muse.mu or sam@muse.mu and we will do what we can to help.

While we can see that many of you here have incurred problems with the pre-sale, overall the majority of people do seem to have had a decent experience. Having said that, we are listening to your views and will think very carefully before running pre-sales in this manner again.

Sam

As far as I know I think more than 150 people applied. Plus people are always more willing to speak out about negative experiences than positive ones.

Despite that, it seems to me that the fact that such a large majority of people seem to have be disappointed by the whole thing suggests that the majority of people had a negative experience. It's almost a 5:1 ratio.

As far as I know I think more than 150 people applied. Plus people are always more willing to speak out about negative experiences than positive ones.

But where did people speak out to him about positive experiences? People are less likely to email management with a 'HEY JOB WELL DONE' .

My friend got tickets (for her and myself) and as a successful applicant I can't say it was a positive experience.

So, after having the whole experience.

Technical difficulties really have to be fixed next time.

The system itself is decent, I still got my tickets with the second pre-sale. Only thing that should be changed in that area is that you should be a member before the pre-sale is announced.

This is true. The poll only reflects the opinion of those who happen to be on the messageboard and feel strongly enough to bother voting and posting, so it has to be interpreted as such. And of course, the messageboard only makes up a small minority of Muse fans. Most aren't members and not all of those who are post here anyway.

The point was to collect any opinions, good or bad, in one place - but don't take the poll as and solid statistic. It's a good place to see exactly what the problems were, and indeed there were some, but it isn't absolute.

This is true. The poll only reflect the opinion of those who happen to be on the messageboard and feel strongly enough to bother voting, so it has to be interpreted as such. And of course, the messageboard only makes up a small minority of Muse fans. Most aren't members and not all of those who are post here anyway.

The point was to collect any opinions, good or bad, in one place - but don't take the poll as and solid statistic.

But the questions remains where Sam get his statistics from, seeing as he claims the majority had a decent experience?

Archived