Are you happy with the new kind of presale?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new kind of presale?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Hi. I just joined up to the Forum and was interested in this thread. I was wondering whether there would be any comments similar to the one I am going to make and am surprised not to see any. My disappointment comes on behalf of the friend I plan to go to the Manchester concert with who is registered disabled and as such can't take a standing ticket . As these were the only ones available in the pre-sale it obviously meant there was actually no pre-sale option for us at all. I contacted Muse management who basically responded - yes, that's right, no tickets for you! It really got me thinking about the situation. I did respond saying surely this is discrimination but received no further response. Any thoughts from others in a similar situation? Thanks.

I see your point a bit but there is a number to call for you on the page too.

Hoping this is genuine and I wish you luck

If not......................... you tout ;)

Hi. I just joined up to the Forum and was interested in this thread. I was wondering whether there would be any comments similar to the one I am going to make and am surprised not to see any. My disappointment comes on behalf of the friend I plan to go to the Manchester concert with who is registered disabled and as such can't take a standing ticket . As these were the only ones available in the pre-sale it obviously meant there was actually no pre-sale option for us at all. I contacted Muse management who basically responded - yes, that's right, no tickets for you! It really got me thinking about the situation. I did respond saying surely this is discrimination but received no further response. Any thoughts from others in a similar situation? Thanks.

again this makes me pretty mad!

How short sighted are those who organise a pre-sale? It cannot be that hard to allocate tickets for those who are disabled. I'm sorry :(

I applied for a ticket but I didn't get any e-mail so far. Does this mean that I was unsuccessful?

Not sure as quite a few people haven't heard either.

It sucks

And to all who thought the Teignmouth pre-sale was a fair one, I agree.

Seating tickets are a lot easier to get in general sale though.

I think you make a good point. Previous pre-sales have been far better than this one. This one was a complete and utter cock-up, basically.

I didn't bother applying for tickets as standing would be no good for me. Yes I thought it was discrimination too.

I see your point a bit but there is a number to call for you on the page too.

Hoping this is genuine and I wish you luck

If not......................... you tout ;)

Ha! No not a tout but I guess I could become a kind of Robin Hood tout to ensure disabled fans get a fair deal. Thanks for the tip - didn't see the additional number. Shame this wasn't mentioned in my response from the management.

I looked on the main Muse website to see 'contact details' that might be suitable for people to air their views on the pre-sale.

http://muse.mu/contact-us/

This one's for 'other issues' so I suppose that covers pretty much anything:

help@muse.mu

This one's Muse Management, which is probably quite apt too:

sam@muse.mu

Think I might have a thing or two to say :shifty:

I'm upset because of the wasted hours of 'waiting' for emails only to find out I didn't get tickets. Now of course, had I "won" tickets I would have been a lot happier; I thought the point of this was to somehow reward loyal fans who've spent hundreds of pounds over the years! But obviously it wasn't, that was just my interpretation of it and I was completely wrong, so now I'm cross that I was sort of fooled into this mass 'spend £65 NOW' lottery and after the stress of waiting and the excitement turning into massive disappointment, I've still go to try and get tickets during work hours tomorrow now :(

Did you appreciate the attempt to allocate tickets to fans or do you think it failed one way or another?

Appreciate the attempt but it failed miserably and didn't seem very well thought through.

I'm sure most of it has already been discussed so won't bother making a long post, so some points:

- lottery system is a joke.

- funds being held which then disables people who were unsuccessful in the presale to buy a ticket in the general sale.

- bad communication.

Yes, attempt appreciated, but this was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. And a presale post presale? WTF was that? At the risk of getting things thrown at me, what was wrong with Concertmaps? Never had a problem with it.

No easy answer as to how to keep tix out of the hands of scalpers. Maybe do what Radiohead did and have the purchasing credit card scanned at the gate.

Here's hoping that this embarrassing episode is put on the scrap heap and covered with moldy banana peels. One day we will look back on this, shudder, and agree to never speak of it again.

this is just going to be the people who got tickets clicking yes and those who diddn't clicking no. Emotions are too strong!

I think it was a good idea. Charging your card beforehand and only having one show really makes sure everyone gets a fair chance compared to touts who would want tickets for everything. It's never going to make everyone happy.ie some muse fans do have the need to see multiple shows. I'd say its a great system for the average muse fan, that being; one show per tour.

Add a seated option, maybe even spread 4 tickets over 4 shows, make all the tickets picture tickets and we're really making progress (this is all to stop touting btw)

I agree with the date cut off for applications too, would have been nice.

Appreciate the attempt but it failed miserably and didn't seem very well thought through.

I'm sure most of it has already been discussed so won't bother making a long post, so some points:

- lottery system is a joke.

- funds being held which then disables people who were unsuccessful in the presale to buy a ticket in the general sale.

- bad communication.

Yeah, the idea to make a system that favours fans is good. We want that. But the delivery, which was largely Crowdsurges fault, no Muse management, was awful.

Lottery wasn't the best idea because it doesn't really stop touts, just limits them and fans alike.

Okay the general idea is pretty good, and fair, gives people a chance...

But how it was executed was awful, people not receiving emails, peoples money being taken out and then put in then taken out again, people not receiving the pre-sale link, etc...

I think everyone should appreciate the attempt to make sure fans get tickets, but on the whole this process was a disgrace.

Myself, I had a very good experience, no withheld funds, got tickets etc, but so many friends got screwed. Such a shame as this is the third time I've used CrowdSurge, and each time they have been superb. I guess this is (except for maybe Foo Fighters) the biggest band they've represented and couldn't cope with the overwhelming demand. Lesson learned hopefully.

Recently, me and 2 friends joined One United (Manchester United Football Club) Member Scheme so we can get tickets to Old Trafford games. We've each been issued with a credit card style membership card with our unique Memeber Numbers on. We can only apply for tickets to games with those numbers, the entry to the game is then credited to that card. If we can't go, we cancel, the ticket is uncredited from the card, and out back on sale.

Such a shame there isn't a universal ticket agency so some system similar to this could be out in place. Yo have to have a licence, so to speak, to buy tickets.

Archived