2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

Haha, no problem :-) To be completely honest, it's going to be an amazing experience where ever you sit but I really hate sitting at shows! The only way I'll buy seated tickets for this gig is if it gets nearer the date and there's no standing tickets being sold anywhere.

Have a good time :D

Thanks - hope you get your ticket. I'm hoping someone might want to sell lower tier seats if they get standing ones, so I can sell my upper tier ones!:)

Can't select more than 2 and it's rear view... :stunned:

I will try eBay but not paying the really extortionate ones!

may as well try doing a gig abroad. at least then the extra price paid will be for the trip instead of going to some money grabbing bastard.

Guest Batman.

I still think the gig tickets could be going for less than face value close to the gig - it seems that most of the tickets have been bought by touts. If we just refrain from buying them until October, the touts will think that nobody wants to pay high prices for the tickets, and hopefully lower the prices just to get rid of them.

may as well try doing a gig abroad. at least then the extra price paid will be for the trip instead of going to some money grabbing bastard.

True. I am going to hold my nerve and hold out that they will do another gig or tickets become more available.

I doubt all the tickets were put up sale...

That's why we booked before the general sale. It happens every time.

Yep once they get wind of a big gig the prices shoot up. Birmingham hotels still cheap but I bet the London prices have shot up. At time of pre sale Grenwich premier inn was £52 on the Fri and about £85 on the sat, central Travelodges were around £45.

Think Manchester Travelodges were £19.

That's why we booked before the general sale. It happens every time.

I'm annoyed with myself . . . kept getting onto the travelodge website. . . . but when I didn't 'win' tickets I didn't dare book a room :rolleyes: my own fault I suppose. Least I have got tickets now at last yey!

I'm annoyed with myself . . . kept getting onto the travelodge website. . . . but when I didn't 'win' tickets I didn't dare book a room :rolleyes: my own fault I suppose. Least I have got tickets now at last yey!

The trick is to keep your eye out for the release of tour dates (which is usually a couple of weeks before the tickets released)...then book a room in somewhere like Travelodge where you can book without paying and its cancellable...exactly what I did for Manchester - got 2 family rooms for £39 each!

Lucky enough to get tickets too so HAPPY HAPPY DAYS!!!

x

I'll probably just book a hostel if I have to (though I might be with a group at the Travelodge, idk). Last time I was in Manchester (for Arcade Fire at MEN) I stayed at Hatters Hilton Chambers and it was great. Walkable to the arena if I remember correctly...

I'll probably just book a hostel if I have to (though I might be with a group at the Travelodge, idk). Last time I was in Manchester (for Arcade Fire at MEN) I stayed at Hatters Hilton Chambers and it was great. Walkable to the arena if I remember correctly...

I'm with Catherine here!

Getting to the gig is going to be fun for me :LOL:

I'm starting University this year in Carmarthen - 5 hour train journey to Manchester :LOL:

But I'm meeting my Brother and Mother there (My Brother loves Muse) and once the gig has finished, we too are staying the Travelodge :)

Really looking forward :D

Archived