2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

Just booked two tickets in Block 221, which is rear view but on a corner. Kinda looking down from the side. Almost.

Hell, I don't care. I've just paid £30 each to watch Muse live. Even if I all can see are three backsides, I'll still be listening to Muse. Live. For two hours plus.

For £30.

I feel exactly the same (I'm in 220), it'll be an open stage too so they will turn round sometimes and play to us so it's gonna be amazing still, especially for £30! :musesign:

Without going too philosophical on you all, it's all about what you want from a gig.

OK - some aspect of it has to be visual, but at the end of the day, they're musicians.

If someone offered you a £30 ticket to sit in a generic arena, blindfolded, to listen to Muse performing live for 2+ hours - you'd definitely say yes.

It won't be the best view in the world - but we'll be within 100ft or so of Muse. The Muse that we sit listening to on the train/bus/at home, wondering what it'd be like to be anywhere near them! (A bit dramatic...but you get the jist)

Well - £30 later, and we will!

Without going too philosophical on you all, it's all about what you want from a gig.

OK - some aspect of it has to be visual, but at the end of the day, they're musicians.

If someone offered you a £30 ticket to sit in a generic arena, blindfolded, to listen to Muse performing live for 2+ hours - you'd definitely say yes.

It won't be the best view in the world - but we'll be within 100ft or so of Muse. The Muse that we sit listening to on the train/bus/at home, wondering what it'd be like to be anywhere near them! (A bit dramatic...but you get the jist)

Well - £30 later, and we will!

It will be a good view though. Muse play with open stages now, you'll be able to see everything perfectly, just from behind, instead of infront of them. The seats at the back are better than the ones infront of the stage imo.

Does anyone have any idea of what the queuing will be like here for this? I've only been to see Muse at the LCCC and Wembley back in 2010. Never an arena.

I don't think I am hardcore enough to wait it out long enough to be at the very front, as much as I'd like to. But I'd like a decent standing spot not far from the front and I'm wondering when you think would be best to turn up. I might be going on my own too (in which case I'll have a spare standing ticket going). Unless I go with the sister to this one and then I'll have a spare ticket for The O2.

Does anyone have any idea of what the queuing will be like here for this? I've only been to see Muse at the LCCC and Wembley back in 2010. Never an arena.

Not sure, but I've got a similar question. This is my first gig in seating, so I presume queueing early really isn't an issue? I've got a reserved place, so as long as I get in on time, there's no rush/stampede to the front.

That will make a nice change, actually!

I don't think I am hardcore enough to wait it out long enough to be at the very front, as much as I'd like to. But I'd like a decent standing spot not far from the front and I'm wondering when you think would be best to turn up. I might be going on my own too (in which case I'll have a spare standing ticket going). Unless I go with the sister to this one and then I'll have a spare ticket for The O2.

Busiest concert venue in the world so no problem - they know what they're doing. Anyway it's Manchester so everything just works.

Expect a quick bag search and frisk on the way in and don't take a camera with a detachable lens.

'everything just works' oh please tell that to the wonks at Manchester Academy on Sunday who waited until 5 minutes before doors to move the whole queue back to set up an outdoor ticket and bag checking area. Oh and who decided to block off access to the toilets for the people queueing at the merch stand after the gig and then wouldn't let us back in the front door to go and pee. How the hell we got home without accidents I do not know.

Queueing at Manchester Arena is, at least, under cover, from what I could tell when I last went (Paramore in 2009) though we had seats.

Hi,

I have two central back, lower tier seated tickets for Manchester on 01/11/12 and would prefer to stand. Is there anyone with standing tickets willing to swap? These are pretty much the best seats in the arena and equivalent to standing face value. I would also throw in a bit of cash if need be (negotiable).

This would be ideal for people who got standing in the presale but wanted seated.

E-mail me on a-beebuzz@hotmail.com if you're interested.

Hi,

I have 2 standing tickets that I want to swap for GOOD seated tickets (wife has become pregnant since getting the tix)

Contact me if you want to swap. Must be GOOD (close to front) seated tickets and must meet up for a physical swap (will not accept 'trust post')

ninth_major

Hi,

I have two seated tickets and they are at the back but very central on the lower tier so you see absolutely everything. They were the same face value as standing. If you still have these I would swap without a doubt and even throw in some extra cash if needed (negotiable).

I have already private messaged you but it's not showing in my sent mail so I just wanted to make sure you get this.

Thanks,

Abi

I was second row standing for Linkin Park in the MEN back in 2010. Didn't do anything in particular, got to the entrance at Victoria St station about 5ish, doors opened at 6 I think. Had a brilliant view. The only thing I'd say is, the stairs down to the standing floor that you'll use depend on which entrance you use to get into the arena. Although, the Victoria St entrance is the 'back' of the arena and I still got second row. Saying that, that may have been a fluke like me and my friends getting on the barrier for Muse in Liverpool in 2009 (INCREDIBLE).

Also got a decent spot at Flo & The Machine in the MEN earlier this year, didn't turn up particularly early then either.

Archived