2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

Guest Batman.
Me and my friend were at that entrance since 3 pm and it was litterally empty untill about 5 when it started filling up. My first time at Manchester arena so I thought we'd gone to the wrong entrance, turns out there was 3! :D

Yeah I thought that was weird, my group got there at about half three wondering if it was a proper entrance, because there were only about 8 people there haha

T'was a great gig. Probably the best I've seen from Muse so far, Undisclosed Desires is so much more fun now Matt is going near the crowd and not hiding behind his keytar. Falling Down was really good too. Plus it sounds fanboyish, but I still can't get over the fact that Matt Bellamy actually touched me :LOL:

Yeah I thought that was weird, my group got there at about half three wondering if it was a proper entrance, because there were only about 8 people there haha

Did you or one of you mates have a black atticus jacket on, cos I did and it was awkward

Amazing gig. Was in rear view, and couldn't believe the amount of time the whole band gave the rear seating. At the start of Supremacy, Matt sang his very first words of the gig facing the back!

Only negative of the night for me - the slower New Born tempo. Just couldn't get moving to it as usual, as it seemed almost hypnotically slow. Something not quite right about it at a slower tempo.

Amazing gig. Was in rear view, and couldn't believe the amount of time the whole band gave the rear seating. At the start of Supremacy, Matt sang his very first words of the gig facing the back!

Only negative of the night for me - the slower New Born tempo. Just couldn't get moving to it as usual, as it seemed almost hypnotically slow. Something not quite right about it at a slower tempo.

it was brilliant being at the rear :LOL:

You know when Matt jumped down to the audience near the front, during undisclosed desires? Well did anyone get any footage of it or photos near the left of the stage?

I was at the barrier on the left side and just as Matt went past us (and shook my hand, omg) my camera went off :-(

Wondered if anyone caught him going to the left side of the standing area, on video?:D

You know when Matt jumped down to the audience near the front, during undisclosed desires? Well did anyone get any footage of it or photos near the left of the stage?

I was at the barrier on the left side and just as Matt went past us (and shook my hand, omg) my camera went off :-(

Wondered if anyone caught him going to the left side of the standing area, on video?:D

I wouldn't mind seeing footage either lol...my friend in the seats saw us on the screens :LOL:

I was also on the left barrier, and managed this photo:

8148165568_a5e8f04943_z.jpg

and this of Matt singing into the camera

8148130757_133b629e69_z.jpg

:D

I wouldn't mind seeing footage either lol...my friend in the seats saw us on the screens :LOL:

Yes I've watched a video on YouTube and you can just see me and my friends face and arm as Matt walked past on the big triangle screen, it's blurry though so I can't be 100% sure it's us :-(

Thank you! You don't kind if I make one of those photos my timeline cover on Facebook do you? none of my friends believe me that he came down to us xD

Also, I'm hoping with all the footage they get from each venue they put it on a DVD or something, they'd be loads of footage though so it might not get included in the final thing, it should do ;)

Guest Batman.
Did you or one of you mates have a black atticus jacket on, cos I did and it was awkward

Yeah that was me! I'd literally just said before we walked up those steps to the entrance 'I wonder how long it'll be before we see someone else wearing this jacket' as well :LOL:

Good quality video of Matt shaking most people's hands. :D

Thats a very good video! But unfortunately it goes blurry where I was at the standing part, typical eh?:-( (I was near the end more than centre, just slightly in front of the raised column)

Thank you though!:-)

Yes I've watched a video on YouTube and you can just see me and my friends face and arm as Matt walked past on the big triangle screen, it's blurry though so I can't be 100% sure it's us :-(

Thank you! You don't kind if I make one of those photos my timeline cover on Facebook do you? none of my friends believe me that he came down to us xD

Yeah no worries, just don't post them anywhere else please :)

Good quality video of Matt shaking most people's hands. :D

Lol, saw us on that :LOL:

Just about recovered from an amazing weekend in Manchester (also saw Nightwish on Sunday night - awesome!) - I thought Muse excelled themselves and it was the best of their three gigs we;ve seen so far. We were seated in Upper Tier Block 209 with a great view of the stage - much better than I expected for that location. I loved the setlist, although was disappointed they didn't do Hysteria. It looked like Matt was interacting a lot with the audience. However, don't know whether anyone else felt this, but the whole evening was almost spoilt for us by the appalling support band - I've already posted on here that I listened to them recently and wasn't impressed - I couldn't wait for them to get off and for Muse to come on. Fortunately, I enjoyed Muse so much that it saved the night!

However, don't know whether anyone else felt this, but the whole evening was almost spoilt for us by the appalling support band - I've already posted on here that I listened to them recently and wasn't impressed - I couldn't wait for them to get off and for Muse to come on.

That's a bit extreme, I can see how people wouldn't like them, but their energy was great and their songs weren't half bad.

However, don't know whether anyone else felt this, but the whole evening was almost spoilt for us by the appalling support band - I've already posted on here that I listened to them recently and wasn't impressed - I couldn't wait for them to get off and for Muse to come on.

That's a bit extreme, I can see how people wouldn't like them, but their energy was great and their songs weren't half bad.

Nah, I thought they were appalling too, thankfully by the time Manchester came round I had seats so I didn't have to resort to facebooking with my earplugs in on the barrier... I liked the drummer...

Guest Batman.
Just about recovered from an amazing weekend in Manchester (also saw Nightwish on Sunday night - awesome!) - I thought Muse excelled themselves and it was the best of their three gigs we;ve seen so far. We were seated in Upper Tier Block 209 with a great view of the stage - much better than I expected for that location. I loved the setlist, although was disappointed they didn't do Hysteria. It looked like Matt was interacting a lot with the audience. However, don't know whether anyone else felt this, but the whole evening was almost spoilt for us by the appalling support band - I've already posted on here that I listened to them recently and wasn't impressed - I couldn't wait for them to get off and for Muse to come on. Fortunately, I enjoyed Muse so much that it saved the night!

I thought the support band were great, but their bassist looked insane :LOL:

Thought the support weren't great either, and they did at least 2/3 songs more than necessary we felt lol. Also, the bassist spitting everywhere and his gestures weren't v nice :rolleyes:

Yeah, me and my friend were like ewwwww! He kept spitting everywhere, the stage, in the air, just ew. And he kept punching his own head and like pointing at the audience, anyone else notice that?xD

The drummer was soo cute though haha ;3

• 2 weeks later...

We also didn't like the spitting or the hand gestures. The sound mix wasn't very good either so it was almost impossible to make out any of the words being sung by Ritzy. We were relieved to see that a section of flooring was removed by the stage hands after the support finished; didn't like to think of Matt or Chris walking about in all that phlegm; yuk!

Muse were brilliant of course. Loved the bass going through us during Follow Me!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived