It's trickier than you'd think! I also think it's a quite hard song to play without a proper click (or a drummer next to you) as you may have noticed from my timing in the beginning of the song.

Yeah it does seem it. Hard to get those octaves right and stay in time. Wicked job though overall.

That was :awesome: its nice to see someone do an interesting cover of a song every once in a while.

Thanks longan! We have tried to keep the soul of the song giving to this masterpiece a "harder" touch.

Probably we will be covering another one soon, which one do you think we should do?

Hi all!

From Barcelona we want to introduce Cover Inc. a covers band who has made a very special cover of Hysteria from the Absolution album.

Check it out!

xTdRRg8hiDA

As a bass player it bugs me the bassline was taken off of it almost completely, but it does fit the metal style! Nice work regarding the arrangement, the solo sounds a bit overly happy but I'm glad to see it back in the song :happy: Keep it up!

Not bad, I miss the warm tone of PT, and it's not really grooving yet. It sounds like you are playing notes more than playing the song if that makes sense.

Thanks a lot! Any idea how I could change that? Or get a bit more grooving?

wow, was my comment so harsh that you had to delete your YouTube account :erm:?

Dude, no! :LOL: I'm pretty darn thankful for your comment!

Nononono. I'm just switching youtube channels as we speak. I'll upload it on my new account within the next few hours.

Edit; done.

Edited by superimposition

The tone shouldn't be too hard, roll down your highs and play closer to the neck.

As to the grooving, listen closely to where the drum is playing and how the bass is not playing exactly on beat. I'm not sure how much you were playing from tab or listened to it yourself, but let go of tabs. Just play it a lot and you should be better!

Wasn't a big fan of the tone, definitely wouldn't call it 'creamy' as such. You don't use an amp do you Olly? You use Guitar Rig or something?

Also I just checked my Don't Sit Down cover and it has one comment...from Jamie...at 0:01...saying "hello"...