:LOL: Good plan! Or play the piano part on guitar! That's what I did anyway.

How long you been playing?

Yeah i could, but i can play it on piano so i may as wel do that ;)

Erm, around 4 and a half years :) You?

Yeah i could, but i can play it on piano so i may as wel do that ;)

Erm, around 4 and a half years :) You?

Oh, fair enough :LOL:

Cool! Since I was 9 so around 6-7 years now... shit me that's a long time :LOL: I had a break of about two years though in the middle

Oh, fair enough :LOL:

Cool! Since I was 9 so around 6-7 years now... shit me that's a long time :LOL: I had a break of about two years though in the middle

ahhh thats ages! I started when i was 13 (i think...i was in year 9) and taught myself haha. Haven't really stopped since!

ahhh thats ages! I started when i was 13 (i think...i was in year 9) and taught myself haha. Haven't really stopped since!

It doesn't feel that long at all, but it must be :LOL: Teaching yourself is guuurd. I had a teacher for a few years but I'm doing it meself now too

Teachers are only good for theory... They can't teach you creativity, and rarely want to teach song you want to play, so self taught is the way forward :D

I disagree! Teachers can help with your creative influence. I probably learn 30% theory and technique and 70% writing jamming and chatting :LOL:

Also already told you the cover's awesome! :\mm/:

I disagree! Teachers can help with your creative influence. I probably learn 30% theory and technique and 70% writing jamming and chatting :LOL:

Also already told you the cover's awesome! :\mm/:

That's your teacher ;) In a general sense Larry's probably right. My teacher didn't jam with me but there wasn't a lot of theory and he did teach me stuff I wanted to know.

By the end of my lessons though that was all I did with him. "Which song would you want to learn today?" :facepalm:

That's what I dont like. My teacher says "today we are doing: this." and then I do it, and it broadens my horizons. Then on the way I put my twist on it, and we work together, and he moulds his lessons around personalities of pupils etc.

I had 3 lessons about 3 years ago because the music teachers at school made me try them out. I didn't like being told how to play! By that point, i had already taught myself the basics and just wanted to do my own thing.

Didn't learn anything, i prefer learning from other musicians. Matt has been a huge influence on me (like many of us on here). He basically proved that there are no limits when it comes to guitar!

You should check out some other guitarists like Dave Gilmour, Jonny Greenwood etc who have gone further than Matt... Matt's really just an insane riff writer (and song writer) who makes crazy noises on the guitar.

Obviously he inspires me, he's really cool, but you should check out others because Matt has just scratched the surface in his time!

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any tutorials for Piano Cave? I've fallen in love with piano at the moment and I've started to prefer playing it to guitar and I aim to start playing Cave, Soaked and Guiding Light but I can't seem to find anything on how to play the proper piano version of Cave. For Guiding Light I'll have to make it up, obviously.

I had 3 lessons about 3 years ago because the music teachers at school made me try them out. I didn't like being told how to play! By that point, i had already taught myself the basics and just wanted to do my own thing.

Didn't learn anything, i prefer learning from other musicians. Matt has been a huge influence on me (like many of us on here). He basically proved that there are no limits when it comes to guitar!

I kind of agree about the whole "don't like being told how to play thing", you should try and find your own style. But guitar teachers are musicians :p And as Jamie says, you really should focus on other musicians too. Not even musicians, just try and pick up anything guitar related you here, each golden nugget of wisdom :LOL:

You should check out some other guitarists like Dave Gilmour, Jonny Greenwood etc who have gone further than Matt... Matt's really just an insane riff writer (and song writer) who makes crazy noises on the guitar.

Obviously he inspires me, he's really cool, but you should check out others because Matt has just scratched the surface in his time!

Yeah, Matt's an awesome musician and a great guitar player, but apart from his experimental noises, there are tons of guitarists that have done way more.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any tutorials for Piano Cave? I've fallen in love with piano at the moment and I've started to prefer playing it to guitar and I aim to start playing Cave, Soaked and Guiding Light but I can't seem to find anything on how to play the proper piano version of Cave. For Guiding Light I'll have to make it up, obviously.

Do it by ear then.

Sometimes I do the first, but it's more fun to do the second

!

Ok, just wondering.

By the way, you increasing the size of the punctuation is just you over compensating for something.

I'm talking about your genitalia

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know what you think of my cover of Uprising.

The cover is on my youtube channel, I know, it's not perfect, but I'm doing my best

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-UMPzhaJeI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited by razor_ninetwo