The only downside of SoundCloud I might add is that all the audio is compressed to 128 kb/s, which might make complex passages (especially with lots of drums) sound a little bit messy, but it's nothing to worry about.

I didn't know that!

I definitely it was School during the intro feedback.

You wat

Unfortunately most sites like that compress your files quite a bit.

I knew YouTube did, but since Soundcloud is a dedicated site for musicians and alike to upload audio I didn't imagine them to compress stuff, or at least not to 128kbps

Alright, I made a big-production cover for Ruled by Secrecy (like 'Hyper Neurotic Music' I did in January). All parts are done/recorded myself with Logic Pro.

[YT]TrHLgFXK888[/YT]

I don't have much to say, other than that I personally think I could have sung the first half of the second chorus a bit better.

Any critiques?

Awesome, as usual :LOL: Only thing I'd say is that the piano solo perhaps felt a little empty but the rest was fantastic

I knew YouTube did, but since Soundcloud is a dedicated site for musicians and alike to upload audio I didn't imagine them to compress stuff, or at least not to 128kbps

Yeah actually I didn't know they compressed it that much. Not entirely horrible though, YouTube will only compress to around that if you upload 1080p. Anything lower is compressed more :pope:

Alright, I made a big-production cover for Ruled by Secrecy (like 'Hyper Neurotic Music' I did in January). All parts are done/recorded myself with Logic Pro.

[YT]TrHLgFXK888[/YT]

I don't have much to say, other than that I personally think I could have sung the first half of the second chorus a bit better.

Any critiques?

Holy motherfucking shit on a stick.

RESPECT.

It's unfortunate. I was expecting at least 256-320 kbs when I started using the site, but in the end, its great UI is what's kept me around.

Awesome, as usual :LOL: Only thing I'd say is that the piano solo perhaps felt a little empty but the rest was fantastic

I was aware of its emptiness, and it's been bugging me ever since I recorded it. I keep going back to listen to the original recording, and I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. :LOL:

Yeah actually I didn't know they compressed it that much. Not entirely horrible though, YouTube will only compress to around that if you upload 1080p. Anything lower is compressed more :pope:

Actually, YouTube's 720p and 1080p have the same audio quality: 156 kbs. Incrementally, every resolution lower is more compressed.

Holy motherfucking shit on a stick.

RESPECT.

Ahah, thanks!

I was aware of its emptiness, and it's been bugging me ever since I recorded it. I keep going back to listen to the original recording, and I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. :LOL:

:LOL: Well it does sound really good, it's just that one bit.

I still really want to do a cover with you :LOL:

Nice and precise! You have no idea how jealous I am of your XY pad. Did it come with the guitar, or did you ingrate it yourself?

Hey guys! This is my Soldier's Poem!

Video:

Only audio: http://soundcloud.com/walloguilherme/wallo-covers-soldiers-poem

It's basically perfect, and you've got the vocal harmonies perfectly on sync with each other. I might point out though that the backup vocals probably should have been mixed a big quieter.

What programme did you use?

I still really want to do a cover with you :LOL:

Then let's get on it! Did you have anything in mind?

To be honest I find that fine with YouTube though, cos iuno, I don't think your mind concentrates as much on the audio when you have visuals with it, like it's distracted kinda. While if you had just audio you notice the quality difference more

Obviously whoever rips music off YouTube is a dick

I rip the occasional song if it's just been released and there's no other way of obtaining it :ninja:

EDIT: My Exo cover still hasn't received Ethan's seal of approval :(

Edited by Dominic.

To be honest I find that fine with YouTube though, cos iuno, I don't think your mind concentrates as much on the audio when you have visuals with it, like it's distracted kinda. While if you had just audio you notice the quality difference more

Obviously whoever rips music off YouTube is a dick

I rip the occasional song if it's just been released and there's no other way of obtaining it :ninja:

EDIT: My Exo cover still hasn't received Ethan's seal of approval :(

Oh well yeah for YouTube sometimes the quality isn't that important unless you're downloading music off it (which is stupid when there's easier ways to pirate music at a decent quality).

The cover has my seal of approval :awesome:

A bit awkward because there was a post there that wasn't approved yet :chuckle:

MFC, did you ever find out what DI box your teacher was using? I posted what I was using in the other thread. I'd probably use that instead of mic'ing cabinets if it didn't change the sound so much

MFC, did you ever find out what DI box your teacher was using? I posted what I was using in the other thread. I'd probably use that instead of mic'ing cabinets if it didn't change the sound so much

Shit, I forgot to ask! I will do next time...

I did a little Starlight collab with a classmate Ericson, though it was his project/idea. He's the one on drums and vocals (I know he's a little pitchy sometimes, but he hasn't really sung much before - I was actually surprised he could sing in the first place), and I'm doing the guitar, bass, piano/synth and production:

eL7f7TyuzXA

The arpeggiating synth part for me literally took 25 takes.

I didn't put quite as much effort into the production as I usually would, but eh.