james90

can he play assassin on it?

How's the overdrive pedal so far? clips? I really need to get around to making the clips of that hybrid amp for you, but it just sounds so thin after I record it...especially the AC30 channel.

He could do, but the bastard doesnt like Muse :(

I'm working on getting you clips. Meant to record a cover with it this morning but I woke up late and had to go out. I'll hopefully get a chance over the weekend to do you some.

I used it at band practice today with that old 60s AC30 I mentioned a while back. Fuck, it was beautiful. I've never got on with that AC30 until I used this pedal, then it was heaven.

I'm having the same trouble recording clips though, it sounds nice through the amp but then my Rock Band mic changes it ever so slightly, not too much though so I'll keep at it. Still looking forward to this hybrid amp though ;)

I've just had a 3 hour journey through London and I'm tired :phu:

Should have used Floo Powder really.

He could do, but the bastard doesnt like Muse :(

I'm working on getting you clips. Meant to record a cover with it this morning but I woke up late and had to go out. I'll hopefully get a chance over the weekend to do you some.

I used it at band practice today with that old 60s AC30 I mentioned a while back. Fuck, it was beautiful. I've never got on with that AC30 until I used this pedal, then it was heaven.

I'm having the same trouble recording clips though, it sounds nice through the amp but then my Rock Band mic changes it ever so slightly, not too much though so I'll keep at it. Still looking forward to this hybrid amp though ;)

That's cool - really interested in hearing it. How much of a difference do the different chips make?

Do you generally run the AC30 at high volume then? They sound pretty nice when overdriven. The hybrid amp is setup for maximum headroom, so I can't really get that sound... the clean tones are :awesome: though

That's cool - really interested in hearing it. How much of a difference do the different chips make?

Do you generally run the AC30 at high volume then? They sound pretty nice when overdriven. The hybrid amp is setup for maximum headroom, so I can't really get that sound... the clean tones are :awesome: though

I havent actually tried the other chips yet. Its got the JRC4558 in there at the moment, which I think is the one they used in the original Tube Screamers. I'm still getting used to the pedal though so I havent got round to switching them. I'll do clips with all three chips using the same settings so you can tell the difference. It seems like its going to make it one hell of a versatile pedal though, because it already has a 3 way switch on the front, plus the 3 chips.

Yeah, the AC30 usually gets run at about halfway for practices and a little higher at gigs unless its micced up. I can usually get some nice natural overdrive at about a quarter, but push it much further and it just starts to sing, but controlled enough that I can still keep the cleans sounding clean. Now that I have the OD pedal, I only really use the clean channel anyway, so I keep the channel volume down and the master way up, keeps it tidy.

Does the hybrid take pedals well?

That was low.

Soz Will :kiss:

I havent actually tried the other chips yet. Its got the JRC4558 in there at the moment, which I think is the one they used in the original Tube Screamers. I'm still getting used to the pedal though so I havent got round to switching them. I'll do clips with all three chips using the same settings so you can tell the difference. It seems like its going to make it one hell of a versatile pedal though, because it already has a 3 way switch on the front, plus the 3 chips.

Yeah, the AC30 usually gets run at about halfway for practices and a little higher at gigs unless its micced up. I can usually get some nice natural overdrive at about a quarter, but push it much further and it just starts to sing, but controlled enough that I can still keep the cleans sounding clean. Now that I have the OD pedal, I only really use the clean channel anyway, so I keep the channel volume down and the master way up, keeps it tidy.

Does the hybrid take pedals well?

Sounds good

For some reason, I don't think TS style pedals sound that great into a perfectly clean amp. I find it sounds much better when going into a slightly overdriven amp.

And yeah, it takes pedals incredibly well. I use my DSL 50 and the hybrid together (DSL for OD/lead, and hybrid for clean)...but it's giving me a headache working out how to set up the pedals properly.

Basically I've got the wah, whammy, and phaser going into an A/B box which goes into the front end of either amp.

But then I have the DL4 and the tone shaping pedals in the FX loop of the DSL...I want to at least use the delay with both amps. I think it has 2x left and 2x right outputs, which should allow me to do that...but I'm not sure.

O rly? I'll try it on Channel 2 tomorrow then. I'm thinking very slight overdrive plus the OD should give me some nice Stevie Ray Vaughan toan? Seems to work really nice as a boost.

Can't you have the fx loop chain seperate from the DSL and then put them into a second A/B box to split them to both amps? If that makes sense? Actually I dont think that makes sense.

O rly? I'll try it on Channel 2 tomorrow then. I'm thinking very slight overdrive plus the OD should give me some nice Stevie Ray Vaughan toan? Seems to work really nice as a boost.

Can't you have the fx loop chain seperate from the DSL and then put them into a second A/B box to split them to both amps? If that makes sense? Actually I dont think that makes sense.

yeah, i think they work best as boosts to be honest

And maybe, but I've never seen it done like that before. I'm only really wanting to use the delay with both amps, which should be possible... just means more cables :facepalm:

Greatest amp ever but there might be some tone suckage going on in front of it.

I will say this, no one has ever been fired for using Boss pedals. They work, they last forever and they don't usually suck. (the metal zone being the obvious exception.)

JT

i bought a metal zone when i was 15, saved up for months.... its was wank!