james90

that's called mojo

what happened to mine is completely different :'(

Heheh I figured you guys would like that ;) I've never seen anyone else with one, so I do like that...

It's a Woolly Mammoth clone. It's amazing. I went to the fabric store and bought some fur, then had the guy who builds my custom pedals glue the fur on. He said it was so nasty with the dust and fur that he was sneezing and stuff and never wants to do that kind of build ever again... :LOL: ... even though originally he wanted to take my idea and make more of them for other customers.

Also I converted a baby bottle pop into a tap tempo for the DD5, up at the top there :D hahah

nice, what's that black pedal next to the mammoth clone?

actually, i'm not familiar with the pedals between the boss expression pedal and the DD5 either. do tell :awesome:

You have bad aim! :chuckle:

O u.

that's called mojo

what happened to mine is completely different :'(

Pics? Maybe you should just hit it with a hammer a few times so that the damage blends in?

Me gusta.

I hope you dont mind but I me gusta'd all over your CV. Give it to me and I will repay you with sexy pictures of Daphne.

Daphne2.jpg

Pics? Maybe you should just hit it with a hammer a few times so that the damage blends in?

Maybe, but I was hoping it would wear down with lots of play

...doubt it'll happen anytime soon, as it's already about 20 years old, and it still looks new :facepalm:

IMG_0795.jpg

LOOK AT IT :'(

oh well, have a picture of it anyway. burst looks a bit strange in this picture though.

IMG_0796.jpg

nice, what's that black pedal next to the mammoth clone?

That is a modded clone of a Fish Factory that got so removed from the fish factory that it became its own pedal. Mine is a prototype, but the builder actually sells them now, and it's called the T1M Pearl.

It's a distortion and overdrive. Cranked old marshall on one side, blackface fender on the other. It's a beast :)

actually, i'm not familiar with the pedals between the boss expression pedal and the DD5 either. do tell :awesome:

Hahah yeah I have some weirdness... Here's the chain:

Keeley Compressor > Keeley modded TS9DX (the mod takes it to original TS808 specs) > This1smyne Pearl > Woolly Mammoth clone (also built by T1M), > DD5 > Malekko e600 dark > Malekko ekko 616 (I use it sparingly as a faux reverb/slapback.)> tuner.

The expression pedal controls the feedback on the malekko e600. It's awesome cause toe down will send it into spaceship sounds immediately... makes for some interesting swelling options.

the baby bottle pop controls the DD5.

EDIT: Ethan, sounds strange, but one thing I've always loved about the CVs is the headstock. They really got the tone right on those things :yesey:

Not strange at all, I quite agree and as a matter of fact the headstock is one of my favourite parts. It just looks like an actual vintage Fender in its design, and I adore it :awesome:

Vicky! :awesome: she definitely looked better with the aged pick guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ays5DP1m1JQ

Edited by Ethan.

Ouch :eek:

Thats actually quite nasty, such a shame :(

But on the other hand, the guitar looks fucking beautiful.

Thanks, and yeah, it only had this small dent near the output jack up until yesterday. Surprised it went that long with such little wear.

It hasn't affected the wood at all, so maybe I can get the finish repaired.

This is probably the best strat I've owned. Just has a great feel and sound really, but I'm not a fan of the radius on it. Prefer something flatter.

;9458408']can you post a full pic of that guitar? what is it? i absolutely love blue and tortoiseshell combo' date=' realllly wanna a strat or jag/jazz with it, but so hard to find second hand :([/quote']

Get a blue Strat/Jag/Jazz, slap an aftermarket tort guard on. Easy peasy

Thanks, and yeah, it only had this small dent near the output jack up until yesterday. Surprised it went that long with such little wear.

It hasn't affected the wood at all, so maybe I can get the finish repaired.

This is probably the best strat I've owned. Just has a great feel and sound really, but I'm not a fan of the radius on it. Prefer something flatter.

To be honest I wouldn't bother shelling out any cash to get it repaired, there's nothing wrong with a few dings here and there (although admittedly I may be biased in that respect :facepalm:). It'll only get damaged again later on and you'll end up having to keep having it repaired. Besides, it's done well to get that old and stay in such good shape.

I'm the same with fretboards, I've always had pretty flat necks on all my guitars (Les Paul and Teisco in particular) so it feels weird playing a Strat with curvy radius. I really lucked out with the Encore neck I bought for Daphne. I only got it because it was cheap, but it turned out to be the nicest neck I've ever had on a guitar. Nice and flat fretboard, but nice and thin. Fits my hand just about perfectly :happy:

;9458408']can you post a full pic of that guitar? what is it? i absolutely love blue and tortoiseshell combo' date=' realllly wanna a strat or jag/jazz with it, but so hard to find second hand :([/quote']

Ask and ye shall recieve:

Group1.jpg

DSCN1580.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

1316082224751.jpg

To be honest I wouldn't bother shelling out any cash to get it repaired, there's nothing wrong with a few dings here and there (although admittedly I may be biased in that respect :facepalm:). It'll only get damaged again later on and you'll end up having to keep having it repaired. Besides, it's done well to get that old and stay in such good shape.

I'm the same with fretboards, I've always had pretty flat necks on all my guitars (Les Paul and Teisco in particular) so it feels weird playing a Strat with curvy radius. I really lucked out with the Encore neck I bought for Daphne. I only got it because it was cheap, but it turned out to be the nicest neck I've ever had on a guitar. Nice and flat fretboard, but nice and thin. Fits my hand just about perfectly :happy:

Ask and ye shall recieve:

Group1.jpg

DSCN1580.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

1316082224751.jpg

ahhh thats nice, nice job on the relicing too, got the tasteful ratio just right!

I just got done cutting the foam to fit my Suhr into its new home. At least until I get its real case repaired.

Suhr-New-Home-2.jpg

Suhr-New-Home-1.jpg

Nice case. I got it used for $50 and then spent an hour or so cutting foam and making 100% sure the neck was aligned correctly with the body in the case. Now I have to send the G&G case that came with it back to Suhr to have the hardware replaced since all of the latches have broken off.

JT