james90

That Arion is so tasty :)

So explain the unlabelled and the pots there?

Signal chain from right to left is:

Octave down (for brutalz)-->escobedo pwm fuzz (for square wave)-->escobedo korg ms10 filter (for wobs)-->chorus (for detuned oscillator fatness /maybe i should have tried it first in the chain for a more real synth like setup/)

The bare pcb thing with the pots on the breadboard is the hearth of the whole thing, an LFO which controls the filter, i am still deciding on features but i think it will worth a post if it will get finished.

imagegpo.jpg

I thought you'd have learned from the first time that dropping your guitar on your Whammy doesn't make it any better! :chuckle:

On a thread related note, I'm looking at DSLR options for the new year. I know I really shouldn't because I have so much money that I need to spend already, but I'm getting tempted.

redid my pedalboard again...

pedalboard.jpg

much neater.

the empty space next to the phaser will be filled with this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200691639917

I don't know if it can get that extreme Q spike, but Josh Homme uses one, so obviously it's a great pedal :phu:

front:

CAE wah > whammy (tuner in dry out) > phaser > A/B box

loop:

DL-4 > PDF-1 - Q zone > 7 band EQ

The sounds are good and it's versatile. Other than that, I have nothing positive to say about it haha. (build quality is questionable, layout is confusing, etc)

Sherpa, what are the different "channels" you have?

clean = blackface fender

lead 1 = mesa mark (?)

lead 2 = marshall

crunch = tweed fender (?)

rhythm = mesa recto

Is that right?

I wish I had that many sounds in one amp. Instead I have a DSL 50 and an unnecessary amount of tone shaping pedals :facepalm:

The sounds are good and it's versatile. Other than that, I have nothing positive to say about it haha. (build quality is questionable, layout is confusing, etc)

Sherpa, what are the different "channels" you have?

clean = blackface fender

lead 1 = mesa mark (?)

lead 2 = marshall

crunch = tweed fender (?)

rhythm = mesa recto

Is that right?

I wish I had that many sounds in one amp. Instead I have a DSL 50 and an unnecessary amount of tone shaping pedals :facepalm:

still playing about with the amp's at the min, ac30 on the clean, recro red on lead one and jcm 800 on lead 2. not sure about crunch and rhythm yet, still playing with a few amps yet.

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas break.

I used the spare time to sort out my setup as recently added a couple of pedals and a TC Electronics 2290 Delay (The Edge has 4 of these in his rack!!) There's a lot there (some of this stuff I've owned for over 10 years now) but fairly simple in terms of MIDI.

Basically everything in the rack (and the Line 6 M9) is running through a boss line selector and the effects are switched on and off by the Blue Rocktron pedal. I can select multiple combinations of effects and then switch them on with the line selector when I need it. So when the effects are not being used I can take my time to select the next effects I'll need for later. Next to that is a Boss Distortion and Zvex Box of Rock. Most of the effects are like what Matt Bellamy uses but with more flexibility. The right rack is very much like the Absolution Tour setup

http://www.musewiki.org/images/AbsolutionRack.jpg

I can use either the Diezel VH4 or the Rat Hotrod amp running into the Marshall 2x12 or split off to a smaller Marshall for the Piezo bridge on the DL-1 :)

MBRig27-12-1124.jpg

MBRig27-12-113.jpg

That's a truly incredible set up, man! I'd love to post something more coherent but I'm afraid my brain just exploded! Very nice work! It's also nice to see someone with a set up that makes what mine will be look really simple, haha! :ohmy: