james90

Now I'm complete. A fully working replica Bellamy.

I needz DL4 though.

Got the FF and Wah Probe for xmas, the James Phase 90 was bought by my sister when she got her first proper job out of school, and i got the Memory Boy yesterday in Mansons. I tried out a Space Echo, Mem Boy and DL4. Was torn between the Mem Boy and the DL4, but couldn't afford the DL4...

The pedalboard I made about half an hour ago in my garage using a bit of flooring left over from our kitchen. It's awesome so far!

:awesome:

Sorry for the shit HTC DESIRE S photos

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/manfromcydonia/Ped%20board%20and%20general%20stuff/

amazing :awesome: so many cables though

Is that the cardboard cutout of the rust relic I spy? cool that you still have it!

It is, I use it to switch the plug on as can't reach it normally!!

Seriously awesome! How are you finding the TC2290?

There's one for a really nice price at a shop here (with the original footswitch--yours looks to have it as well) but unfortunately I can't buy it...maybe by some miracle it'll still be around when I've made some more monies :awesome:

It's a great delay, I find I'm using it more and less of the Echo Pro nowadays. With the footswitch I can save in loads of different delays as presets.

Boss Tuner > LS-2 (Kaoss Pad > Digtech Whammy (tuner in dry output) > Manson Fuzz Factory > MXR Phase 90 > Boss TR-2 > Boss CE-5 > Line 6 Mod Pro > Line 6 Echo Pro > TC Electronics 2290) Boss LS-2 (Box of Rock) Boss DS-1 > Amp. The Pod XT Pro goes into the Channel 1 insert on the Diezel

Edited by rust_relic

408835_10150573179546289_560501288_10891298_513003814_n.jpg

Sure it isn't the most hi-tech setup in the world but I love it, gets me great sounds for the relatively cheap price.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom really nice to play, really fat tone.

Boss ME50 acting as BD-2, EHX Analogue Delay and Whammy (I intend to replace it with the real pedals at some point)

Fender Frontman 212r (thing i'm most keen to replace with vox ac30) on clean most the time but channel switcher can be used for the extra amp distortion on top of the bd-2

Nice :)

Copy/paste:

I figured I might as well post mine too since I rarely take full setup pictures.

Here's my sad bastard setup. You can tell it was influenced by max bellz0r much like R_R's setup, but the OoS era rather than absolution/bhar/etc

IMG_0764.jpg

No Mansions in this shot unfortunately!

It goes:

guitar > dunlop CAE wah > digitech whammy (tuner in dry output) > MXR phase 90 > A/B box for switching amps

In the DSL50's effects loop, there's a DL-4, a parametric filter, and a graphic EQ (used for mid boost). Also going to add a dunlop Q zone in there shortly.

Nothing special as far as amps go. A Marshall DSL50 (used for overdrive/lead) and an old Marshall combo (used for cleans) I had heavily modified so it sounds like an AC30 on one channel and a bassman on the other

Nice :)

Copy/paste:

I figured I might as well post mine too since I rarely take full setup pictures.

Here's my sad bastard setup. You can tell it was influenced by max bellz0r much like R_R's setup, but the OoS era rather than absolution/bhar/etc

sIMG_0764.jpg

No Mansions in this shot unfortunately!

It goes:

guitar > dunlop CAE wah > digitech whammy (tuner in dry output) > MXR phase 90 > A/B box for switching amps

In the DSL50's effects loop, there's a DL-4, a parametric filter, and a graphic EQ (used for mid boost). Also going to add a dunlop Q zone in there shortly.

Nothing special as far as amps go. A Marshall DSL50 (used for overdrive/lead) and an old Marshall combo (used for cleans) I had heavily modified so it sounds like an AC30 on one channel and a bassman on the other

Cool :) How many different set ups do you have? I swear you own more stuff than that... I can imagine you have a different room with a different rig in there :LOL:

Guest Batman.
408835_10150573179546289_560501288_10891298_513003814_n.jpg

...you have the exact same set-up as me, except for the guitar :LOL: I love that amp to be honest, try setting the drive channel to Bass:7 Mids:8.5 Treble:6 - sounds great.

Cool :) How many different set ups do you have? I swear you own more stuff than that... I can imagine you have a different room with a different rig in there :LOL:

thx

I have some other gear, but the amp and pedalboard setup in that picture is what I use most. Works best for the sounds I'm going for really.

Not really a fan of the DSL50's lead sound on its own though...a bit thin and not enough mids. That's the main reason I have all those EQ pedals. How do you like the DSL401?

...you have the exact same set-up as me, except for the guitar :LOL: I love that amp to be honest, try setting the drive channel to Bass:7 Mids:8.5 Treble:6 - sounds great.

it's a good amp for the money and it does the job but i'd like to replace it at some point cos at gigs, by the time i've cranked it up and mic'd it through a PA my tone seems to lack low end and generally not be as warm as it is around half way volume. hmmm

thx

I have some other gear, but the amp and pedalboard setup in that picture is what I use most. Works best for the sounds I'm going for really.

Not really a fan of the DSL50's lead sound on its own though...a bit thin and not enough mids. That's the main reason I have all those EQ pedals. How do you like the DSL401?

I've gone off it a bit :erm: it's a bit unclear, noisy (clangy in the background) and muddy, and i cant seem to get a decent clean tone out of it, and the sustain is shit for some reason. I think it needs a valve change, cos I played my MA2 through the same amp in mansons while i was trying out delay peds, and it sounded awesome. So I took a photo of the settings and once back in Gangster Paradise Basingstoke (:facepalm:) I tried it out and it still sounded shit... I'll try a valve change, and if i still dont like it i'll sell it and get a Blackstar HT20 :LOL:

It does sound a bit better now i've got new pedals.

Guest Batman.
it's a good amp for the money and it does the job but i'd like to replace it at some point cos at gigs, by the time i've cranked it up and mic'd it through a PA my tone seems to lack low end and generally not be as warm as it is around half way volume. hmmm

Ah well I've found that I don't really need to put it higher than half volume, but I've not needed to mic it up yet, I've only used it in rehearsals. It was definitely a huge step up from the Squier amp I used to have anyway :LOL:

I've gone off it a bit :erm: it's a bit unclear, noisy (clangy in the background) and muddy, and i cant seem to get a decent clean tone out of it, and the sustain is shit for some reason. I think it needs a valve change, cos I played my MA2 through the same amp in mansons while i was trying out delay peds, and it sounded awesome. So I took a photo of the settings and once back in Gangster Paradise Basingstoke (:facepalm:) I tried it out and it still sounded shit... I'll try a valve change, and if i still dont like it i'll sell it and get a Blackstar HT20 :LOL:

It does sound a bit better now i've got new pedals.

I'd get the Blackstar anyway

It is, I use it to switch the plug on as can't reach it normally!!

Brilliant use! :LOL:

Just a note regarding pedalboards after the series of posts on the last page. Does anyone know anywhere I can get a big one? I really like the look of the Diago ones but I need one about twice as big as their biggest! Something like just over 2m x 65-75cm or something. I've not done exact measurements yet, but along those lines. :facepalm:

Brilliant use! :LOL:

Just a note regarding pedalboards after the series of posts on the last page. Does anyone know anywhere I can get a big one? I really like the look of the Diago ones but I need one about twice as big as their biggest! Something like just over 2m x 65-75cm or something. I've not done exact measurements yet, but along those lines. :facepalm:

That big? Really?

I have a Rockcase by Warwick in a large size. They are more than sufficient. I imagine if you want more room but need to be able to transport your pedals places, buy two large cases.

If it's not going to be going anywhere, build it yourself. Save yourself a lot of time and money.

Well, no, actually, not quite that big, I must have rounded it up in my mind...

But I'll need 160-175cm x 60-75cm, depending on how exactly I have them arranged. I'm just curious if there's any available out there that size already.

I wouldn't bother at all, but they will be needed to be transported from time to time so it would be better for convenience really, and unfortunately I'll have a Loop Station smack bang in the middle of it, so I couldn't just attach two together.

Theres no point in me getting an expensive amp if I've got a perfectly good working one! I cant afford it anyway unless I sell the Marshall. I may 'sell' it back to "cash converters" where I bought it from :facepalm:

Well if you can't get the sound you want out of it and if it's not as good as the one in the shop it's not perfect is it :phu: