james90

It's just a fret protector. I'm really paranoid about that guitar. I spent an hour+ cutting the foam for it.

It's an amazing guitar. My favorite by at least a factor of ten. It's effectively my own signature model, I have another one that is similar but more focused on high gain/stunt guitar type of playing that will come in two months. I'm calling it the evil twin.

JT

Ohhh it still looked like black open coil from the other picture!

I really like the look of that. What's the body made of on that guitar?

It has a Sipo body, it's not too heavy and sustains for days. This guitar is in with a chance of becoming my main guitar as it's so good! I only intended to use it as my drop D guitar.

Looks awesome! I love my MBK3/MBK1 setup :happy:

Do you not think the MBK3 lacks clarity and definition compared to the MBK2? Shame about it's inability to do cleans also.

Edited by Tom!

It has a Sipo body, it's not too heavy and sustains for days. This guitar is in with a chance of becoming my main guitar as it's so good! I only intended to use it as my drop D guitar.

Do you not think the MBK3 lacks clarity and definition compared to the MBK2? Shame about it's inability to do cleans also.

Very nice :awesome:

I think it depends on the guitar. Before I sold that pickup to you it was in the stealth DC, and for whatever reason, it sounded a bit bright.

This is not the case at all with the two others (DL-1 and works 001) which have MBK-3s...quite the opposite actually.

edit:

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Edited by james90

I disagree, mine does cleans well. Not as good as an MBK2, but I wanted to have a heavy riffing machine. It suits the Alder body well me thinks.

Im nearly sold on getting an Mbk3, this didnt help :LOL:

edit:

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Shiny! what did you use? makes me wanna do up my old squier strat, needs a new neck and electroncis though, someone on here got a warmoth neck, wonder how much that was including the "fail government" tax

Fretless EVH Wolfgang? :awesome:

Just kidding :facepalm::LOL:

O u

And it's a peavey, which is more Matthew

I remember hearing Matt didn't actually like his, but actually began to "respect" it somehow as he threw it in the air so many times and it wouldn't break haha

Really interested in trying out the new EVH brand wolfgang though... When I bought this one, I saw the wolfgang stealth (which looked pretty damn cool) and also the wolfgang custom I think it was called...but I didn't try them out as I knew I wouldn't be leaving with one of them :(

And... I actually agree with you, MFC :eek: Nah I think it balances out well with the alder body, which probably won't sound quite as heavy as mahogany

I prefer how 001 sounds with the MBK-3 as well...that one is tulipwood, though

Shiny! what did you use? makes me wanna do up my old squier strat, needs a new neck and electroncis though, someone on here got a warmoth neck, wonder how much that was including the "fail government" tax

You mean the camera? Same one I always use haha, just different lighting in these pictures

And the peavey is actually quite beat up, but the pictures don't show it. Strat needs a bit of a polishing, but the finish on that one is in good shape

You mean the camera? Same one I always use haha, just different lighting in these pictures

And the peavey is actually quite beat up, but the pictures don't show it. Strat needs a bit of a polishing, but the finish on that one is in good shape

I meant polish/cleaning stuff lol, all this talk of cameras recently :LOL: .

Your strat looks better than mine and its only about 10yrs old fs, more abuse inc!

Pretty pleased with how this turned out. First attempt at putting a guitar together (so I used Warmoth for the neck and body blank :ninja: . And made it a Mattocaster.) Color changing light b/c of the toan, of course. I didn't have time to get the finish all nice looking before heading back to college, so that'll have to wait until the summer.

Taken with my camera

IMG_4779.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v238/scomo13/Guitar/

Not too sure about the shape of that pad there... but hey, whatever floats your boat. Howd you do that though? Oh and your floor made me think that you had a square neck for a second there :facepalm:

Nice guitar, how much did it cost you to put that together? And how does it play?

someone on here got a warmoth neck, wonder how much that was including the "fail government" tax

You talkin to ME?

Mine was $217 including shipping. I think I got the Vintage Modern. The only "extra" options I got were the stainless steel frets (which I highly recommend) and a compound radius, though I'm not sure if they charge extra for that. No finish on it either so I saved money there.

The Bass Pi is my friend's but he can't play because being korean means your parents house arrest you and only let you study for the SAT's to become a doctor.

Guitar > Fuzz Factory > GFS Tuner > Digitech RP500 > NY Big Muff > Bass (Russian) Muff > Carbon Copy > Peavey Classic 30.

DSC_4674.jpg

I don't use the Phase 90 cuz it sucks major tone and I need another cable to put the CC in the FX loop. I have enough other cables but I don't use them because pretty crappy and ruin my tone and pick up lots of noise.

Edited by brian KEEEEM

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you like it :)

Looks very cool with the Mbk3, reminds me a guitar that I made earlier (bridge - GFS Dream 180)

imgp001.jpg

I meant polish/cleaning stuff lol, all this talk of cameras recently :LOL: .

Your strat looks better than mine and its only about 10yrs old fs, more abuse inc!

Oh right :facepalm:

I really only use a microfiber polish cloth. Just to get the fingerprints and smudges off really...I don't feel the need to enhance any of my finishes :phu:

Except for the mirror tops, which I probably should get that polishing compound for...