james90

i bought a metal zone when i was 15, saved up for months.... its was wank!

I got a Boss Heavy Metal for Christmas in 1984. (Dating myself a bit here) It sucked then, I still have it today and it still sucks.

Distortion was the one thing that Boss never got right in any product. Chorus, Phase, Flange, Delay, Reverb, Compression, all totally useful and some where downright awesome. (CS-2, PH-3)

JT

I got a Boss Heavy Metal for Christmas in 1984. (Dating myself a bit here) It sucked then, I still have it today and it still sucks.

Distortion was the one thing that Boss never got right in any product. Chorus, Phase, Flange, Delay, Reverb, Compression, all totally useful and some where downright awesome. (CS-2, PH-3)

JT

yeah, it definitely seems that way... the ones from the 80's seemed pretty horrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67nv7nfUMGY

nice

was this the one with the intonation problem? because i might have a solution for you... had a very similar issue with my strat up until a few minutes ago

Yea it was... I put some thicker gauge strings on and tightened the tremolo screws to allow the saddles to move further and it's just about there... high e is still slightly flat though :( What did you do?

Yea it was... I put some thicker gauge strings on and tightened the tremolo screws to allow the saddles to move further and it's just about there... high e is still slightly flat though :( What did you do?

lowered the pickups.

I gave the guitar a full setup this afternoon, and it would refuse to intonate on the wound strings (the low E in particular)...it was driving me crazy. Couldn't imagine how any of that could throw it off, but I DID lower the action.

The magnets in these pickups appear to be very strong, and they must've been sucking at the strings. Only problem is that they're very low now... almost flush with the pickguard.

I'd try lowering your pickup, but be prepared to readjust the intonation.

It's one of those weird things. Intonation is pretty much spot on now with the saddles in the usual positions.

My phone's camera is better quality than my dedicated digital camera. Go figure.

New plastic from AxesRus! :awesome:

DSC00008.jpg

New, shiny white pickguard, covers, knobs 'n tips. I like how the pickguard is an ever so slightly brighter white than the other stuff, which is a very slight mint in comparison, so everything isn't uniformly bright white. It looks a ton better than the old exaggerated mint/cream, yet it still looks like it could be a sixties Strat. Me satisfy :happy:

But yeah, each to their own. I love it :happy:

+1, I didn't like the other pickguard on that one.

HEY STRAT BUDDY :awesome: How do you have your action set?

I'm pretty sure my guitar has a different fretboard radius (7.25") but I'm messing around with it a bit. It's playing fine, but the intonation/pickup magnet issue...fucking magnets

I managed to take a chunk out of my lovely nitro finish while removing the neck :supersad:

Is it a fender or squier? Is that your only guitar? I like strats recently, I used to hate them, but they're really growing on me to play.

'Tis a Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strat. And yeah, it's my only guitar, and I'm okay with that :awesome:

+1, I didn't like the other pickguard on that one.

HEY STRAT BUDDY :awesome: How do you have your action set?

I'm pretty sure my guitar has a different fretboard radius (7.25") but I'm messing around with it a bit. It's playing fine, but the intonation/pickup magnet issue...fucking magnets

I managed to take a chunk out of my lovely nitro finish while removing the neck :supersad:

My action is however Tim set it :LOL:

And that sucks about the intonation issues. Maybe try taking it to a professional for a lookover? I don't trust myself to do my own setups, I just make a complete bollocks of it :LOL:

Heheh I figured you guys would like that ;) I've never seen anyone else with one, so I do like that...

It's a Woolly Mammoth clone. It's amazing. I went to the fabric store and bought some fur, then had the guy who builds my custom pedals glue the fur on. He said it was so nasty with the dust and fur that he was sneezing and stuff and never wants to do that kind of build ever again... :LOL: ... even though originally he wanted to take my idea and make more of them for other customers.

Also I converted a baby bottle pop into a tap tempo for the DD5, up at the top there :D hahah