Watch Muse at Reading on BBC Three

KirkBot

I'm as disappointed as any one else but lets get our facts straight.

Neither MUSE or the BBC said they would air MUSE's set in its entirety when promoting the airing of the show. .

Also: it's a privilege any of it gets aired in the first place, not a right.

If it was a pay per view event, I can understand all the rage.

Here's to hoping for a dvd of the gig soon.

^ Shit just got real

You know what, I'm glad they didn't show the whole of OoS, I feel like it was a secret show, just for the eyes of the people who attended R&L. Sorry but I do :phu:

Good on you! You paid the money, why should everyone else share in it! :thumbsup:

I'm as disappointed as any one else but lets get our facts straight.

Neither MUSE or the BBC said they would air MUSE's set in its entirety when promoting the airing of the show. .

Also: it's a privilege any of it gets aired in the first place, not a right.

If it was a pay per view event, I can understand all the rage.

Here's to hoping for a dvd of the gig soon.

Agree on all parts except the end. Don't want another DVD. I have Hullabaloo if I want to see Origin live. Otherwise it's just cashing in.

You know what, I'm glad they didn't show the whole of OoS, I feel like it was a secret show, just for the eyes of the people who attended R&L. Sorry but I do :phu:

I really dislike this kind of elitist bullshine. Whilst I don't agree with all the hate that's being levelled at the band/management/BBC, I can see that it was implied that the full set would be shown. If that was intentional or not, a little rage is understandable. It's not always possible for people to attend gigs due to various reasons, and gig elitism is just as bad as "I knew about Muse before they even formed the band" shit that goes on round here sometimes.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a DVD. And before anyone says, no, I don't have any insider knowledge on that!

I really dislike this kind of elitist bullshine. Whilst I don't agree with all the hate that's being levelled at the band/management/BBC, I can see that it was implied that the full set would be shown. If that was intentional or not, a little rage is understandable. It's not always possible for people to attend gigs due to various reasons, and gig elitism is just as bad as "I knew about Muse before they even formed the band" shit that goes on round here sometimes.

:yesey: Took the words right out of my mouth. Is it my fault that I live on the other side of the ocean and lack the funds to travel that far?

Anyway, I can't wait for an answer on this whole issue. It was really upsetting and disappointing and I'm hoping eventually they can shed some light on what exactly the reasoning behind all of this was.

i disagree with the comment about "the secret gig" thing. dont you really wish you could be able to see it all again?

i was there, survived the fucking barrier the whole day, and missed good part of the first half being pushed all over and having tons of wellies landing in my neck and head.

funny enough, it got better after the second half and i though myself, thanks fuck i can go home and watch the OoS set again. yeh, right... :facepalm:

massively disappointed of seeing all cut off and i truly hope there is a dvd of such epic night.

i disagree with the comment about "the secret gig" thing. dont you really wish you could be able to see it all again?

i was there, survived the fucking barrier the whole day, and missed good part of the first half being pushed all over and having tons of wellies landing in my neck and head.

funny enough, it got better after the second half and i though myself, thanks fuck i can go home and watch the OoS set again. yeh, right... :facepalm:

massively disappointed of seeing all cut off and i truly hope there is a dvd of such epic night.

At first I read you had tons of willies in your neck. I guess wellies are better, whatever they are.

Just watched the recording. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off.

It's also annoying because the programme said 'Muse @ Reading' and even the synopsis didn't mention anything about highlights, and being 2 hours long, I really thought there would be a fuller set. As it happens, only about half it was Muse.

Can't understand this nonsense about not being ready, was really looking forward to this ever since it was announced. Oh well, Hullabaloo it is.

Do you guys actually think this makes sense?

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production – video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

You really think they're not going to release pro footage of this?

Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.

You seem really determined to push the idea its pretty much everyone's fault for not being there. :indiff:

Anyways, there'll be a fan DVD made, if it comes down to that. :happy:

Nope, I'm pretty much determined to notice that finally the band did something they said they were gonna do and not hate on them for it, which is a sure way of making sure it doesn't happen again. If they made a Reading DVD people would then moan it there wasn't a Leeds one anyway. But I guess haters are gonna hate.

Muse come out, announce they're doing special gigs to commemorate Origin of Symmetry because it's an album they feel is very important to their careers and to the fans.

They spend loads of money on the production – video production, stage pieces, pyro, heck Matt looks like he even bought a new t-shirt and a Delorean DL-1.

They tweet pictures of Dom and Morgan rehearsing for this event and build up hype.

Given how special this event is, they're probably going to release it with either an OoS Anniversary package, Resistance Tour DVD, XMas Present Digital Download or it's own DVD altogether with extra footage.

I'd rather wait and pay to see that than see a broadcast by a company that can't even properly spell "Knights of Cydonia".

Of course if they don't do any of this by the end of the year, feel free to break Matt's door down and start an Uprising.

Bad. I'm sorry.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That made me chuckle.

Nope, I'm pretty much determined to notice that finally the band did something they said they were gonna do and not hate on them for it, which is a sure way of making sure it doesn't happen again. If they made a Reading DVD people would then moan it there wasn't a Leeds one anyway. But I guess haters are gonna hate.

This. All they did was promise to play OoS in full + their greatest hits which they did. I feel sorry for people wanting to see the footage but Muse never promised to show the full gig. People just saw a 2 hour slot on the BBC and assume they were going to play the full show and they can't be blame for people's wrong assumptions.

This. All they did was promise to play OoS in full + their greatest hits which they did. I feel sorry for people wanting to see the footage but Muse never promised to show the full gig. People just saw a 2 hour slot on the BBC and assume they were going to play the full show and they can't be blame for people's wrong assumptions.

You've got to admit that 2 hours and 10-20 minutes on the telly when Muse are playing for 2 hours kinda implies a full set. Or at least more than the one that was shown.

For those of you not at Reading or Leeds Festival this weekend, don't worry you can watch Muse on BBC Three on Sunday night. Tune in from 10.20pm to watch Muse at Reading playing what promises to be a fantastic set.

BBC Three are broadcasting from the festival throughout the weekend so those of you in the UK won't miss out and can enjoy the festival from the comfort of your own home!

All the hype for the festival, the two hour slot + title and then this quote, naturally people were lead to believe they would play most or all of the set.

You've got to admit that 2 hours and 10-20 minutes on the telly when Muse are playing for 2 hours kinda implies a full set. Or at least more than the one that was shown.

No it doesn't imply it. Normally there is always time for introducing the band, bio, commentaries, etc... I understand being disappointed but I don't understand how people can get angry at the band because they decide to make assumptions and they got them wrong. The band nor the BBC I believe ever said the set will be broadcasted in full.

No it doesn't imply it. Normally there is always time for introducing the band, bio, commentaries, etc... I understand being disappointed but I don't understand how people can get angry at the band because they decide to make assumptions and they got them wrong. The band nor the BBC I believe ever said the set will be broadcasted in full.

You're kidding right?

All that other shit could be what..30 minutes? They showed 1 hour and 15 minutes didn't they? So that still leaves close to 30 minutes worth of songs according to the schedule, which is almost the full set.

You're kidding right?

All that other shit could be what..30 minutes? They showed 1 hour and 15 minutes didn't they? So that still leaves close to 30 minutes worth of songs according to the schedule, which is almost the full set.

No I'm not.

Bad. I'm sorry.

If we get a 360 of Feeling Good i will actually cry.

Reading was a fantastic performance, nothing to be ashamed of.. and Doms poor bass drum, Matt still has the RAGE ! :D

Archived