Really? Do you think this would have been an issue if for example "in every toilet" would have been in the lead and not Cavilles entry?

Yeah, it was something we noticed early on. Management were originally fine but when they realised that most of the top 5 didn't make any sense as "fantasy venues" we were given the go ahead to remove them. Who knows, maybe they thought it was inappropriate to have the winner an answer that says Muse aren't playing good set lists winning two tickets to go see them live and have such an answer on the main web page (which I think is totally justified, for the record), but I simply don't know if that is the case.

Yeah, it was something we noticed early on. Management were originally fine but when they realised that most of the top 5 didn't make any sense as "fantasy venues" we were given the go ahead to remove them. Who knows, maybe they thought it was inappropriate to have the winner an answer that says Muse aren't playing good set lists winning two tickets to go see them live and have such an answer on the main web page (which I think is totally justified, for the record), but I simply don't know if that is the case.

Fair enough. I am still sure that was the case though, AND I WILL PROVE IT :phu:

I will bring down that corrupted management, once and for all.

In order to keep the thread more about the entries, any comments regarding the action of the mods should be taken upon privately via pm or via the board email, this in turn will help settle the heat that has risen from this. The mods have tried to keep this under control the best they can under the instructions they were given so don't give them a hard time...

I don't think it's corrupt if they did, for example, want to stop NME latching on to set list beef if it leaks onto the main site. Whether you agree with it or not, it's only a minority of fans who do express disdain for set lists, and to stop that from getting blown out of proportion would be a fair thing to do, if that was at all the case, which as far as I know, is not.

How dare you blame a retired old woman :noey:

She had it coming. Stinks of pee too.

we're not using Doris anymore we're on Muriel now :D

I knew that. Who says I didn't? :shifty:

But Doris is sabotaging things to give Muriel a bad name!

Exactamundo! :yesey:

What's your entry, Carla? :)

The Rochester Castle one. It's an actual venue though, I didn't make up anything I'm boring like that. Jools Holland plays there.

Hang on, hang on. Is this an Uprising?! :eek:

Nope, just a banana in Noodles pocket.

She had it coming. Stinks of pee too.

I knew that. Who says I didn't? :shifty:

Exactamundo! :yesey:

The Rochester Castle one. It's an actual venue though, I didn't make up anything I'm boring like that. Jools Holland plays there.

Nope, just a banana in Noodles pocket.

I'm such a n00b- I only get this to the point where I don't really want a full explanation. :$

Edit: Oh right :$

I hope none you you think that the mods are enjoying this. It's been a real pain in the ass for sure. I don't think any of us anticipated just how ridiculous this would all turn out. I hope that some of you haven't completely lost faith in the mod team. It was supposed to be fun contest. :(

And now I'm starting my excessive drinking. Cheers!

I think the mod team has actually done quite well, given the circumstances. The competition being faulty was not your doing and you guys (and ladies) have done your best :kiss:

edit: damn you Olly, now it seems like I'm only piping up after you had spoken :LOL:

And on topic, I really like Natalia's entry and also what she will be doing with the winnings in case she wins. :happy:

Archived