But it wasn't every single voter. If it was then I'll shut up but by the numbers I'm assuming that it wasn't all of them that cheated.

Oh sorry, I completely misunderstood your post.

But I still don't think it's a big deal.

I think it was a bit unfair on the person who was leading (by a mile at the time) to just have their submission removed halfway through the competition. If I was that person I'd be wanting something a bit more than an apology but I can understand no free goody bags are given away ;)

The person that submitted the entry had about 8 user accounts. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Maybe next time make people have a deadline to register an account and only those registered by then can participate? It would prevent alot of cheating...obviously there are flaws but I think it seems a good idea

Indeed, good idea.

How? If you're gonna make such claims please qualify them. It's just text on a screen.

Lol, we removed "Somewhere that forces them to play a good setlist." and "Wherever the Muscle Museum pedal has gone." and "In every toilet. Reason is quite obvious..." because they aren't venue. They're just silly points and in jokes. If you can't see why their removal was necessary...well...I'm very sorry :LOL:

Starting it off with "lol" nice to know that a fairly serious point was funny to you. The reason wasn't quite obvious, there are many reasons, none fully answered why. "They're just silly points" shows how you're making light of an issue that many take seriously.

Niall I'm very sorry for calling you a cunt :LOL:

Yes that seems sincere doesn't it?

Oh and finally a definition. "contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent."

If you can't see how that word applies to your post...well...I'm very sorry :LOL:

Cunt :LOL:

I don't get it. Can you repeat it again?

:LOL:

My absolute pleasure.

But we can't have people who made many fake account to boost their scores winning free merch ahead of people who played honestly, I hope you can see why this was prioritised above people having to revote.

:LOL:

But seriously...

Unfortunately, that was not the mod's fault. We had to wait for confirmation from management.

Ah ok, I can understand the frustration for the mods just as much as the participants, just needed more clarification at the beginning of the competition I think.

The person that submitted the entry had about 8 user accounts. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Oh really? Did not know that!

But you're punishing people who voted for a legitimate option and didn't cheat for the actions of those who chose the same option and did cheat which is wrong. How is this not fucking obvious?

I may be misunderstanding but how is it punishing the voters? The voters aren't really getting anything unless they have a top entry.

But you're punishing people who voted for a legitimate option and didn't cheat for the actions of those who chose the same option and did cheat which is wrong. How is this not fucking obvious?

Well, let's say for example if they were ahead by 20 votes. There were at least 20 votes in there that were not legitimate. It does suck for the people that voted legitimately, but we can't just ignore blatant cheating and let it slide because we feel sorry for the honest voters. Life's full of disappointments. And how would that be fair for a submission that is totally on the up and up, to lose out to a dodgy entry?

If there was a way to figure out the exact number of unscrupulous votes, and just delete that number of votes, that would be ideal, but it's impossible.

I may be misunderstanding but how is it punishing the voters? The voters aren't really getting anything unless they have a top entry.

By having an entry with a large amount of votes they're more likely to get votes and have the potential of winning than an entry with +1 votes which is what they got.

It's pedantic but when fairness is being cited as a reason for removing entries I'd like to see it applied across the board you know?

By having an entry with a large amount of votes they're more likely to get votes and have the potential of winning than an entry with +1 votes which is what they got.

It's pedantic but when fairness is being cited as a reason for removing entries I'd like to see it applied across the board you know?

I still don't see how the voters are affected...

Oh sorry! No, I was talking about "the Russian." :LOL:

Ah ok :LOL:

Yeah, she is talking about the russian who had lots of accounts and got votes from a load of people who also had lots of accounts.

Oh yes saw that had been deleted, thought it could only have been for illegitimate voteage!

wtf?

people are complaining about cheaters being punished??? sorry but screw 'collateral damage' - seems like half the entries who were in a good position to get a prize were bloody cheaters!

well done on removing them! shame it couldnt have been done before but at least this ensures that the ones who ARE going to win played by the rules and and this point THAT is what matters IMO.

Archived