I was half expecting you to have used condoms on your pedal board. Dat some ibanez sound tank flange i spot? Is it as noisy as my phaser?

No the sound tank is a compressor, it's very punchy and yes, ridiculously noisy. That's half the reason I have an NS-2. I just love the thump of the CP5 blended with clean.

!ByWC2gQBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jQEw5Ptp(lDBMRUc!i1Wg~~_35.JPG

it arrived :D sounds and feels wonderful. quite light, medium/fat neck. surprisingly good pickups. kinda has that tele twang. took it to a local music shop after i found that the saddles rattled terribly when strumming and they were all like 'ooooh thats interesting what is it?' 'a mattocaster? lol'

would get those mbk3's shortly but i've gotta get a new passport (£77!). but i intend to. then a FF :D actually i need a new amp, there's a hughes and kettner attax 80 on ebay for 80 quid (will see if i can knock the seller down to 60ish)

Hey, very nice there adds. I'm so tempted to buy one. But I'm trying to upgrade from the typical beginner guitar as of now (I've a G400) and I've heard that guitar is aimed towards the more novice crowd. On the other hand the specs looks really nice and so does the guitar.. so I'm wondering. What would you compare that guitar to?

Note that if I were to buy one I'd replace the pick-ups for a set of mbk-3's as well.

as the above basically, i'm going to replace the hardware soon as i can afford it, so new bridge/pickups/tuners. i'd say (at the mo) its about the quality of a good squier tele. the neck isn't as smooth as i'd like. however i've only played beginner guitars, wouldn't know how to compare it to a gibson LP or fender MIA strat. but with replacement hardware i'd be very proud of it. and that matte black body is teh sex.

Fresh out the box :)

06082010112.jpg

06082010113.jpg

Sterling (by Music Man) Ax40. I think I'm in love... :happy:

Nice! I didn't realise you could get a cheaper version of the Music Man ones. Definitely going to have to try and track one of these down to try, they've got such a simple classy charm. How does it play/sound?

Nice! I didn't realise you could get a cheaper version of the Music Man ones. Definitely going to have to try and track one of these down to try, they've got such a simple classy charm. How does it play/sound?

Sounded great when I tried it in the store playing through a little Blackstar amp... Only got a rubbish Marshall practice amp (MG15, yay :$) here so a new amp is definitely next on the list of things I want. Plays very well, I've never been one for maple fretboards but it just seems to work on this guitar.

Archived