You probably haven't been able to try out the peadal fully. For the less than you payed for that GNX4, you can get the pedal that I have

I've had it for nigh on 4 years now... trust me I will never use multifx again unless it's a decent rackmount... I'd rather not cheers I'm buying individual pedals now ;) Still have fun and I wish you all the best with it

It's just nuts to assume that all multi effects pedals are similar, or that all multi effects pedals are inferior to single effect pedals.

Personally I never liked the Digitech multis, but I do like their whammies and i'd love a DL4. Zoom are great multi effects IMO and i've heard great sounds from some of the Line6 units (although can't afford them!!). The impression I get from people who's opinion I respect, is that the m9/m13 in particular is extremely high quality, and as easy to use as single pedals. Apparently the downfall on these are the drive models, but whatever, you can't win them all.

It's just nuts to assume that all multi effects pedals are similar, or that all multi effects pedals are inferior to single effect pedals.

I'm not saying all floor multi-fx are crap, I've never tried enough to judge, just Digitech I hate. I've also heard good things about the Line 6 too! I'd only like a rackmount as they tend to have many more options and could be used with MIDI controllers.

I've had it for nigh on 4 years now... trust me I will never use multifx again unless it's a decent rackmount... I'd rather not cheers I'm buying individual pedals now ;) Still have fun and I wish you all the best with it

Thanks much man. I love my pedal, though I cant seem to find a certian distortion I can mix for the effect I want for this song I'm writing. It's like a Foo Fighters crunch with a kinda New Bornish fuzz mix.

I can't speak for the pedal you have but the GNX distortions don't sound that good, I used to use amp distortion and mix in a VERY small amount of distortion from the pedal if I wanted it a little bit fuzzy. One way I found a good sort of fuzzy crunch is by using the flanger with very low settings.

I hate Digitech's multi-fx.. I got the GNX4 pedalboard which is bloody useless... payed £300 just for a fucking whammy

A couple weeks ago I was in a hardware store looking at electronics and they had something that looked like a 5 pin MIDI jack, so I was interested in getting it. I tried explaining the concept of the MB-1 to the guy there, he got mad at me for trying to dumb down the concept of MIDI to him because he "had 40 years of experience on the road." When I explained it to him fully, his eyes got all glassy and he just replied "Well, all you need is a big DigiTech" There's obviously a reason he still works in a hardware store after 40 years touring...:LOL:

Archived