Going to go check this out from Craigslist!

booger

Bugera 333xl. Recently retubed. It comes with a slant 4X12 cab. Online lists all together for around $850 not including shipping, I'll be able to get it for $400 if it all checks out :happy::happy::happy:

i know nothing bout their cabs but their heads have quite a big following on UG, the guys said that they are not exploding anymore, that was the first batch.:LOL: then there was some guy on youtube with a fucking big ego who posted loads of amptests way ago who said that their marshall jcm whatever copy is sometimes better than the original.:LOL: he kept a fukken serious face along the whole vid. (or that was the 5150?, dunno)

i would get a head from them if i would play gigs or something, but i don't even play amped 80% of the time. maybe i will still get one someday, it won't be too hard to sell one used this cheap.

edit: found the vid. beware, the beginning is always freaks me out when he starts to talk it sounds like he is in the room behind me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYlnKcikpw

1. WAY too much talking

2. that sounds nothing like the JCM 900 I had (although mine was the SL-X)

3. why would they clone the JCM 900 in the first place? isn't that one of marshalls most hated (tube) amps?

i would be more interested in their 1960 head which wants to be a jtm45, but that is a no master volume amp so it is not for me.

as for the vid, i don't know what to think about the tone, mainly because i don't trust his guitar with active EMGs. the cleans were horrible until the last clean bit where they were like "average" or "bearable" to me. but again it could be the problem of the EMGs. plus the cam mic. i found the dirty toenz a bit flat.

I watched a few of his vids, especially the one focused on the 333xl. He does talk a lot, but I like good explanations. I don't think cameras can ever fully represent an amps sound, so I'll find out tomorrow... For the price though, it's hard to beat. Especially with the versatility, I like the idea of 3 channels (especially with a foot switch). I could always sell it if I don't like it, probably for even more than I paid for. 120 watts seems insane though, hopefully still useable.

I think any proper tube amp will beat my Bose system in tone, I just want something with depth, warmth, and soul.

:awesome:

Really interested in giving one of those a try. I have the rocker 30 head, but I'm wondering if the thunder 30 is similar...especially seeing as they just discontinued the rocker 30

It's a great sounding amp though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBm9JKisP7Y

the guy sounds like this is the first time he ever talked about amp specs but the amp sounds really great, liked both cleans and the dirty channel, do want.

the guy sounds like this is the first time he ever talked about amp specs but the amp sounds really great' date=' liked both cleans and the dirty channel, do want.[/quote']

yeah, and he's the one that designed the amps :confused:

actually, don't give them much credit. the new orange amps are full of crimp connectors and other things to cut costs.

• 2 weeks later...
Yup tis an SRV and its amazing and it was dirt cheap and its in mint condition. Super happy with it.

Only got 10s on it atm, I have tiny hands and I don't think I could bare bending anything heavier than that!

Is the rest of the hardware gold too?

Nice strat, and I'm fussy with strats!

Is the rest of the hardware gold too?

Nice strat, and I'm fussy with strats!

yeah all the screws, bridge, trem arm, jack plate, neck plate, strap buttons and tuners are gold. The only let down in appearance for me is the fact that it has SRV etched into the pickguard. Though I <3 Stevie Ray it don't want people to automatically think of him when I'm playing the guitar. Probs switch it to tortoise shell or maybe just plain black soon.

yeah all the screws, bridge, trem arm, jack plate, neck plate, strap buttons and tuners are gold. The only let down in appearance for me is the fact that it has SRV etched into the pickguard. Though I <3 Stevie Ray it don't want people to automatically think of him when I'm playing the guitar. Probs switch it to tortoise shell or maybe just plain black soon.

A nice dark tortie one would look :awesome:

yeah thats what I'll probs go for, there is actually a certain type or tortoise shell that Fender discontinued a few years back, i'll try find a picture, but it looks 10x better and I'd fucking love to find one.

I also bought a V-Pick which I'd seen lots of hype about on forums and what have you. Its great and I understand why people like them, but I think I'll stick with normal tortex picks for the future.

yeah thats what I'll probs go for, there is actually a certain type or tortoise shell that Fender discontinued a few years back, i'll try find a picture, but it looks 10x better and I'd fucking love to find one.

I also bought a V-Pick which I'd seen lots of hype about on forums and what have you. Its great and I understand why people like them, but I think I'll stick with normal tortex picks for the future.

I'm happy with my mix of blue Herdims and Manson Tortex's :happy:

I'm happy with my mix of blue Herdims and Manson Tortex's :happy:

I ordered my blue herdims last week :awesome:

I'm going to go ahead and call you an Edge fan boy. Though I am too, I really wanted that Korg 2000 unit of yours. Except I have the podxt live in the effects loop, and it has all my delay presets and tap tempos :p

I ordered my blue herdims last week :awesome:

I'm going to go ahead and call you an Edge fan boy. Though I am too, I really wanted that Korg 2000 unit of yours. Except I have the podxt live in the effects loop, and it has all my delay presets and tap tempos :p

Blue herdims rock :chuckle: (funny because the others don't know about them)

Took you long enough! :LOL: Yeah, no, I'm a total Edge fanboi. Don't know if you've seen it around but I've got a natural Explorer :D

And, yeah, couldn't resist a cheap SDD-2000 :$ It's in the selling thread but I think I'll actually keep it...how does the POD work for Edge stuff? I'm thinking about the HD500.

EDIT: Was going to post this in the other thread but I'll do it here since we're on the subject: that '70s black Strat replica, wasn't anything to do with a certain Dave Evans, was it? ;)

Love that explorer! Upgraded pups or stock? I'd like to hear your U2 setup!

And yes, of course it was :)

The POD actually nails it! Especially Edges signature dotted eight note delay. There is a setting on it for tap tempo, so it will always give you the proper delay timing. With normal delays, its good until the tempo slips. As you know, even a slight shift in tempo with these delay settings fucks it ALL up.

This isn't a great recording, but gives you an idea! This was back when I was using the amp modeling on the pod through a Bose PA system. It sounds MILES better with a real amp now. You should hear Bad on it :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1b4Zgoir8

It also does pretty good mod sounds too! I have it really subtle on this one for the verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_PfbgDt_M

If you're thinking of getting one, it is highly recommended. It hasn't let me down in any way, and has essentially 99% of the board covered for U2 tones. With the exception of needing a Korg A3, and weird things like Boots (though I'm sure theres something in there!)

Archived