Does anyone know what day they'll play Sziget? Or at least roughly when they announce stuff

It depends, nobody knows. Usually they announce day splits when they have at least one big (or at least bigish) name for every day or for some acts they just wrote which day is it in facebook comments because everyone keeps asking. I think they'll say after the next wave of acts.

I saw one comment where one guy said something like: "Muse headliners? Never heard of them" and his friend replied "We saw them there in 2010..." and posted a picture :LOL:

Have you ever been there? I can help you if you have any questions, I'm from Serbia but been to Sziget quite a few times

It depends, nobody knows. Usually they announce day splits when they have at least one big (or at least bigish) name for every day or for some acts they just wrote which day is it in facebook comments because everyone keeps asking. I think they'll say after the next wave of acts.

I saw one comment where one guy said something like: "Muse headliners? Never heard of them" and his friend replied "We saw them there in 2010..." and posted a picture :LOL:

Have you ever been there? I can help you if you have any questions, I'm from Serbia but been to Sziget quite a few times

Never been but considering going as I've always wanted to go to Budapest. I'll keep my eye out on their Facebook Thanks :)

Just realised, weren't Foo Fighters supposedly booked to headline Glastonbury in 2016 as soon as they were forced to drop out last year?

God damn, this is hard to pin down :chuckle:

Pinkpop and Rock Werchter organisers have said that Foo Fighters won't be coming back to do the festivals they had to cancel this summer.

It could be that they do Glastonbury as a one off, however John Giddings (isle of wight organiser) and Andy Copping (download) have both said on twitter that Foos wont be touring this year.

Just realised, weren't Foo Fighters supposedly booked to headline Glastonbury in 2016 as soon as they were forced to drop out last year?

God damn, this is hard to pin down :chuckle:

Yea, I heard the same thing at the time...

Pinkpop and Rock Werchter organisers have said that Foo Fighters won't be coming back to do the festivals they had to cancel this summer.

It could be that they do Glastonbury as a one off, however John Giddings (isle of wight organiser) and Andy Copping (download) have both said on twitter that Foos wont be touring this year.

Werchter nor Pinkpop (iirc) said anything like Glasto did last year though. Even though what they're saying now may sound very general, I suppose they're really just able to speak for themselves.

Few days ago Ejekt Festival (a 11 years old festival in Athens, Greece) announced a second day. Since then rumours started to spread saying that Muse would be the headline of the second day.

Today, Gazzetta.gr (Sport Online Magazine) says that based on their English football sources Muse returns to Athens after 2007 for a live show at Ejekt Festival.

So possible date should be :

23 July 2016 - Ejekt Festival (Day 2), Athens, Greece.

Possible venue: Water Square (Plateia Nerou) - Open Air.

But I guess this could change cause the ticket demand is expected to be high.

Confirmation should come shortly by the festival promoters as they announced that an announcement on second day would be out this week.

Last time Muse performed to Greece was back in 2007 during Rockwave Festival. They've also perfomed here in 2000.

Source: http://www.gazzetta.gr/entertainment/878767/oi-muse-plisiazoyn-athina

I'm really excited and I really look forward to it, fingers crossed. Bruce Springsteen & Muse in the same year? It doesn't get any better than that (Unless Bon Jovi announce a tour too :p )

See you on the road fellows! Announcement should happen shortly

Emily Eavis (Glastonbury organiser for those who don't know) told an interviewer tonight at the NME awards that "three great British bands will be headlining this year".

Makes those Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay rumours look even more likely :D

Holy shit :stunned:

No Adele then I guess. Unless, on the off chance, she meant 'artists' but slipped up and said 'bands' without thinking.

I'm there if it is that tbf. Obvs not arsed about Coldplay but Muse and a Radiohead Glastonbury set would be amazing, even if nothing happened for BH&R's birthday. Still seems way too mental of a headlining trio though, like something someone would mock up as a joke.

Holy shit :stunned:

No Adele then I guess. Unless, on the off chance, she meant 'artists' but slipped up and said 'bands' without thinking.

I'm there if it is that tbf. Obvs not arsed about Coldplay but Muse and a Radiohead Glastonbury set would be amazing, even if nothing happened for BH&R's birthday. Still seems way too mental of a headlining trio though, like something someone would mock up as a joke.

Yea there is the chance she could've meant acts rather than bands, but Emily usually chooses her words wisely due to people scrutinising them (like us here) haha.

Yea seeing my two favourite bands at my favourite place is bound to be special, plus Coldplay are one of the best acts I've seen live so I might end up seeing them.

I already have a ticket so im quite lucky, It a real pain in the arse trying to get them. Not sure if you know how glastonbury ticketing works, but you need to register with a photo ID. The tickets have already sold out in October, but because its a deposit scheme the tickets of those who don't pay go back into a resale in April.

Registration is open now on the Glastonbury website for anyone interested, and good luck to those who try :)

Glastonbury 16 my thoughts on who will headline are

Fri Muse

Sat AC/DC

Sun Coldplay (Confirmed)

If any wants to get into Glasto try Oxfam Stewarding, you'll have to stump up a deposit (same as the ticket price), do 3 shifts and then you get your deposit back. So technically its free.

Stewards get there shifts given (no choice), but there is an exchange board if you find someone who wants your shifts you can swap for, via admin on site.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding

Worth thinking about