So they are in Europe in August

Hope thats puts them in the frame for Leeds/Reading

Well, early August at least.

I initially thought the same, that suspicious stop in dates just before Glastonbury has me wondering though. Would they really headline both in the same year? Maybe it's pretty common and I'm being stupid but I can't think of a time that's happened off the top of my head.

Well, early August at least.

I initially thought the same, that suspicious stop in dates just before Glastonbury has me wondering though. Would they really headline both in the same year? Maybe it's pretty common and I'm being stupid but I can't think of a time that's happened off the top of my head.

Nah they won't do both. Only bands that do both are usually middle of the bill/lower down.

The festival is a French festival called Garorock, which is in a town in the south-west of the country. They're headlining the opening night on June 30th.

So looking like R+L isnt happening. Glastonbury most likely

Hoping for T In The Park.

6 years since they last played

Yep, looking more and more like Glastonbury then.

The rumours going round on efestivals suggest Muse will be playing Glastonbury and not at Reading and Leeds. However the most interesting rumour is that they could be playing before Coldplay as a '4th headliner' (other 2 headliners a rumoured to be Adele and Radiohead).

Hm, that's interesting, so like a co-headliner? Has Glastonbury ever done that before? They seem to like having the spotlight on one big name for each night from what I've seen.

It's hard to imagine Muse settling for anything other than out-and-out headliners at this point but I guess you could argue that they've maybe started to fade out a little bit in terms of mainstream popularity in the UK with their last two albums.

Muse, Coldplay and Radiohead on the same billing would be a bit mad as well. Thom might pull out if he found out :chuckle:

There is no way in a bazillion years Muse would agree to 'co-headline' with Coldplay. Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER.

Also, at this stage of their respective careers, and the obvious similarities between the bands, I can't see the Eavis' booking Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay for the same edition.

And as Radiohead appear to be headlining elsewhere, I can't see them being tucked away on a smaller stage doing a secret set, or something like that.

So realistically, I'd say one of the three will play. Two would be very strange. Three absolutely bonkers.

The 3 headliners that Glastonbury have apparently been after for a while are Muse, Adele and Coldplay. Radiohead have just started to announce their own gigs, which are all festivals and some are around Glastonbury. If Glastonbury had managed to secure all three headliners they wanted and Radiohead approached them asking to play I doubt they would turn them down.

This could obviously turn out to be a load of rubbish but I'm just repeating what Ive read over on efestivals, they tend to get quite a lot of good information on this kind of stuff.

Say if Muse did do the rumoured '4th headliner' slot...is there any chance they could play earlier on in the day and tie that in with playing BHaR in full? It wouldn't be as alienating for the non hardcore fans if they played the album in full earlier on in the day/evening...perhaps on one of the other stages? You'd imagine that they wouldn't try that with the 'proper' headline slot, even though OoS went down well at R+L I'm not sure they'd give it a go at Glasto.

Edit: Just a complete pipe dream/extreme wishful thinking on my part to be honest!

I can see all 4 playing tbh, but not together obviously. Adele doesn't really factor into this discussion though, so let's just assume she's a given. As for the others:

Radiohead haven't headlined since 2003, have a new album coming out (their first in 5 years to boot) and are currently announcing festivals. They're also a little older than the others and have a longer legacy, which would add more of an age dynamic to the line-up (Coldplay/Muse/Adele could be a bit too modern).

Coldplay are known to be big friends of the Eavis' to my knowledge and have just brought out a new album, which they've said might be their last iirc(?) I remember them being heavily rumoured very early on as some kind of 'last hurrah' if that's true, so they're who I'm most confident on tbh.

Muse don't really have any particular reason to headline other than it being 6 years since they last did it. However, they've been heavily rumoured nonetheless, have just started announcing festivals and have a very suspicious gap in their tour dates right where Glastonbury would be. There's also that thing of a crew member also apparently specifically suggesting that Muse fans would have reason to be interested in Glastonbury.

Personally, I'm dead certain on Coldplay and Adele so it's between the other two for me. Muse make the least sense imo but things do seem to point to them playing. Maybe Radiohead could headline R/L this year and do Glasto in 2017.