They might as well just announce

a NA tour of smaller venues :shifty:

I was really hoping they would come to their senses and do something like that.

There's tons of nice places that could hold 3-4k people, which isn't that much less than they were pulling in in some of the markets the way it is.

They could play more cities, make more profit, and it would probably be a better experience for a lot of fans.

But they keep shoving these bloated stage shows down the throats of areas that don't have enough interest to support them, and are likely going to have to reduce the number of gigs they play, to "break even" again. :noey:

And this time it looks like they raised the number of tickets they need to sell per gig, while also waiting to sell tickets until well after their album had left the public eye (and the Top 200 and radio airplay.)

I have a really bad feeling this tour is only going to hit a few major markets like LA, NY, etc.

They're working with the production company that did How to Destroy Angels and Nine Inch Nails' stuff so I'm not expecting anything short of amazing for this tour. Didn't they have like 60 crew members on the arena tour for T2L and like 110-130 during the stadiums? They could easily get an extravagant looking but minimalist stage and cut down on costs.

NIN's production has never cut down on costs, though. Trent's repeatedly made comments in the past how he's barely broken even with his elaborate setups. If Muse go this route, it'll just mean higher ticket prices passed onto the consumer, and they already have enough problems filling arenas in several U.S. markets.

I don't think they could push higher ticket prices, even in a lot of the biggest markets, tbh.

I fear they're going to force themselves into smaller and smaller numbers of venues, meaning less of us in the US have a chance to see them due to distance, and pushing tickets in the existing gigs to be even more difficult to obtain.

I don't want them to do gigs as small as the Webster and Mayan, but at least all those small gigs should have proved people can really enjoy the band without all the spectacle.

I can see them believing they are the "best live band" because of the flamboyant stage shows, and being afraid to let that go, but we're going to reach a point here where people just don't have the disposable income to go see a band on spectacle alone.

And this album just did not stick in the US. They don't have a Madness.

Not even getting into the fact that apparently the visuals dictate what songs they play every night...

Yet, I kept seeing Matt, at least, referring to the people in the two small US gigs as all hardcore fans, and why would that be the case?

There were plenty of people at both gigs that either won tickets randomly, or decided to go based on liking a few songs. Plenty of "hardcore" fans who couldn't even get tickets, and many more tickets sold in the general sales than the presales.

Just like every other gig.

Y'all need to chill about this US Tour. It looks like it's gonna happen a little later than they estimated, it's not the end of the world.

Not even getting into the fact that apparently the visuals dictate what songs they play every night...

Is this a recent thing? :erm: Last I heard of that was back on the TR Tour.

Yet, I kept seeing Matt, at least, referring to the people in the two small US gigs as all hardcore fans, and why would that be the case?

Tickets for smaller gigs sell out fast, it's fairly understandable to assume that at least a decent amount of the people who attend are hardcore fans who managed to get them by keeping their ear to the ground.

I wouldn't take any significance from that anyway. Obviously he knows that not 100% of the crowd are hardcore fans, he's often just referring to a certain portion.

There is no need for drama, they'll just play less cities and maybe a little bit smaller arenas here and there.

Looking at the wiki box scores they know they aren't very loved in Ohio, so playing Columbus,Cleveland and Cincinnati won't happen again. Same for Orlando/Tampa, chosing one and force people to move seems reasonable... the other dates have a decent attending.

I don't think its "drama" to look at those same sales numbers and say the U.S. really isn't able to, for the most part, support that big of a production.

Big areas were already cut in T2L and that was with the backing of a monster hit like Madness.

If they cut even just the softest sales areas, that leaves pretty big spans without gigs and not a lot of people can drop everything, spend a ton of money to travel 9-15 hours or so for a concert.

Not all the gigs are as close as different cities in Ohio or Florida.

I would assume a lot of fans would rather have a chance to see the band at all than have a massive stage show.

Or make a compromise and play some smaller gigs mixed in, to shore up some of the gaps?

They could also split the US tour in 2 and play with 360 stage in big cities and then come again next year with end stage for the rest.

And believe me they don't lose money touring, even Tool who has the best stage arena i've ever seen has been playing small arenas for the past couple of years god knows why, would they be doing so if they lost money?

They could also split the US tour in 2 and play with 360 stage in big cities and then come again next year with end stage for the rest.

And believe me they don't lose money touring, even Tool who has the best stage arena i've ever seen has been playing small arenas for the past couple of years god knows why, would they be doing so if they lost money?

I'm not saying they couldn't be lying, but there said many times they don't make money on a U.S. tour anymore.

That's why it would be a bit baffling to see them haul out a center stage here that would require more ticket sales.

I would assume a lot of fans would rather have a chance to see the band at all than have a massive stage show.

Or make a compromise and play some smaller gigs mixed in, to shore up some of the gaps?

You assume correctly, in my case. I wouldn't mind if they tried it without the million-dollar robotic laser light flying smoking rotating whatever.

Y'all need to chill about this US Tour. It looks like it's gonna happen a little later than they estimated, it's not the end of the world.

i know right :LOL: here in australia we don't get them until the last week of their tours, and even then it's literally for one date in 5 states (occasionally 2 in sydney or melbourne if we're lucky) :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone really cares if it happens later or sooner, it's stressful waiting to see what states they're going to play in, and if we can arrange to travel to see one.

Doesn't Australia only have six states, btw... playing in five of them is actually pretty damn good compared to us. :LOL:

Northern Territory gets nothing, not even cricket. Poor guys