• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
There has been no official confirmation that Download is a UK exclusive booking (except possibly a joking hashtag from Download's booker.) Considering the fact that the 27th of June (Saturday night at Glasto) is still free I think there is quite a good chance, especially as their weekend before is all over the place too.

Not to mention that Fleetwood Mac were confirmed as Isle of Wight UK festival exclusive headliners today as well.

If not Glastonbury then possibly one of those runs of Hyde Park shows that happen in early July? They are normally billed as "(Hard Rock) Calling Festival" or "British Summer Time" or even completely independent gigs such as Arcade Fire in 2011, but they effectively amount to a mini-festival all the same. An independent festival-style gig would allow Download to still have a festival exclusive too.

It looks like it won't be BST as that is the same weekend as Glastonbury at the moment and Taylor Swift is already headlining their free day :$ though there was a second weekend of it when the Stones played.

The Calling Festival has typically had some fairly hard rock commercial bands playing and nothing has been announced for that yet, so something like that would be my tip. But like others I really just want more UK dates.

Edited by Belisha Beacon

If not Glastonbury then possibly one of those runs of Hyde Park shows that happen in early July? They are normally billed as "(Hard Rock) Calling Festival" or "British Summer Time" or even completely independent gigs such as Arcade Fire in 2011, but they effectively amount to a mini-festival all the same. An independent festival-style gig would allow Download to still have a festival exclusive too.

It looks like it won't be BST as that is the same weekend as Glastonbury at the moment and Taylor Swift is already headlining their free day :$ though there was a second weekend of it when the Stones played.

The Calling Festival has typically had some fairly hard rock commercial bands playing and nothing has been announced for that yet, so something like that would be my tip. But like others I really just want more UK dates.

If they were playing anymore festivals they would've announced it by now. You'll have to wait for the arena tour.