The last thing I want is strategic thinking on an album. Give me good songs without considering: oh they might be hard to do both in a gig. Then we might end up with at least five decent songs.

Well, you do have a point, but making songs that solely rely on high notes and screams doesn't necessarily translate into good songs, live or album (Supremacy :LOL:). Besides, there are great songs that had good vocals that Matt doesn't struggle that much to sing, such as Animals, and even Bliss, New Born and MoTP, the middle two being quite old by now. I'd take any of those over Follow Me, Survival and Big Freeze, despite liking them as well.

Wasn't there a rumour for Greece?

I'd also presume Japan at the end of July, seeing as that seems to be how festivals usually go. Plus maybe they might announce the Ireland rumour... then again, probably not given Belfast is still waiting for the 2008 gig Bellamy said they were doing.

Praying they'll announce an irish date and that it doesnt clash with glastonbury!

Wasn't there a rumour for Greece?

I'd also presume Japan at the end of July, seeing as that seems to be how festivals usually go. Plus maybe they might announce the Ireland rumour... then again, probably not given Belfast is still waiting for the 2008 gig Bellamy said they were doing.

Praying they'll announce an irish date and that it doesnt clash with glastonbury!

I've pretty much given up on an Irish gig at this stage. It would be too weird for one regular gig in the middle of 20-something festivals.

I've pretty much given up on an Irish gig at this stage. It would be too weird for one regular gig in the middle of 20-something festivals.

all the marlay park gigs last year were from bands that were on the European festival circuit elsewhere, arcade fire, kings of leon, arctic monkeys etc. so theres still hope! id be surprised if they dont announce a marlay park gig tbh, it would be a good seller with half decent support

all the marlay park gigs last year were from bands that were on the European festival circuit elsewhere, arcade fire, kings of leon, arctic monkeys etc. so theres still hope! id be surprised if they dont announce a marlay park gig tbh, it would be a good seller with half decent support

Ooh that is true. Interesting. Not going to get my hopes up though.

When were the Marlay Park gigs announced last year? Good venue, nightmare for cars though!

That Irish Music Scene posted about the U2 tour that was announced, saying that no Irish date was scheduled yet but to "stay tuned", exactly like Muse. When I asked them about it they basically gave information that was already in the public domain, i.e. having no insider information. So basically I'm 99% certain now that there will be no Muse gig in Dublin.

That Irish Music Scene posted about the U2 tour that was announced, saying that no Irish date was scheduled yet but to "stay tuned", exactly like Muse. When I asked them about it they basically gave information that was already in the public domain, i.e. having no insider information. So basically I'm 99% certain now that there will be no Muse gig in Dublin.

Yeah they don't sound the most reliable. Still a possibility though, what about longitude? I know it would be a big step up for the festival but it looks like the only 'festival' in Ireland now that will take a rock crowd as such. Apart from Tennents Vital in Belfast which certainly has the ability to book a band as big as Muse and Belfast are long overdue a Muse gig!

There might be more gig announcements, just not festivals. While I'm pretty certain at this stage that Dublin rumour was just bullshit if it is happening I suppose it would be announced after all the festivals. Besides, the last Dublin gig was only announced five weeks before it actually happened.