Did you not like 'Heart of a Warrior?'

My kids saw Muse in 2010 with Biffy Clyro. So lucky!:D

I thought it was the best part of a shit set. Unfortunately, when your name is on the bill and you're not even the one singing or doing anything useful or entertaining, then your name probably shouldn't be on the bill.

Biffy are definitely one of my favourite supports. Saw them at Wembley in 2010 and Stade de France in 2013. Wouldn't mind seeing them a few more times, but I suspect that they're too big for that now.

no opening act will ever beat when I saw Muse in 2010 with Biffy Clyro opening, opening acts don't get much better ;)

That was amazing. Same when they opened for Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes a year later.

Royal Blood and Miles Kane supporting Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park was excellent. Could even stick my neck out and say they were better than AM were.

Dizzee was one of the worst support acts I've ever seen, and I've seen The Horrors and The Big Pink. 45 minutes of stupid fucking bollocks.

Fix Up Look Sharp was okay but the rest was shit. I suppose I got suitable warning when I asked someone who had endured him supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers the previous year, and she said she was awful.

Bastille probably is the worst support they've had. Glad I didn't get to see them.

I enjoyed them when they opened for Two Door Cinema Club, but wasn't as impressed by their slot before Muse. They were much better than Dizzee though.

The 1975 were worse, I thought. Couldn't stand them at all. Dizzee was gash too but at least he got people going.

Shit singer ruins half decent pop riffs tbh.

The Joy Formidable was a moment of pain for me. :LOL:

They were quite enjoyable, particularly their drummer. The singer didn't seem quite so interested in being there though.

The sound was terrible and way too loud. It seemed like continuous noise, I couldn't tell songs apart or figure out any melody. And it was my first time seeing Muse so I was over-excited and honestly could not give a damn about the support act.

The sound was terrible and way too loud. It seemed like continuous noise, I couldn't tell songs apart or figure out any melody. And it was my first time seeing Muse so I was over-excited and honestly could not give a damn about the support act.

I get that - first ever gig I went to was The Killers in 2009, and I thought the support band (Louis XIV) was too loud and didn't have any songs with melody or differentiation.

I guess in 2012 my ears were a bit more battle-hardened.

I thought Dizzee was pretty fun when I saw him, nothing mindblowing but I couldn't really complain. Bastille were boring as fuck, that's probably to be expected though.

As for this tour, Duologue would be perfect imo and it'd be nice for them to get a bit more exposure. Other than that, Post War Glamour Girls, Lucius (saw them support Jack White and thought they were pretty fun), Band Of Skulls (again) or The Kills (probably a bit big for a support act but meh) could work, I reckon.

Wouldn't say The Kills are too big to support Muse, at all...

Yeah, I guess not now that I think about it. I think I was overestimating how popular they were :chuckle:

Forgot to say that, as much as I don't really like Royal Blood, they might be a fun support act, if a bit of a cliche choice. I've said before that I think Garbage would be a good choice as well.

I get that - first ever gig I went to was The Killers in 2009, and I thought the support band (Louis XIV) was too loud and didn't have any songs with melody or differentiation.

Of course the connection between Mark Stoermer and Jason Hill may have something to do with that support act :rolleyes:

Wouldn't say The Kills are too big to support Muse, at all...

They supported Franz Ferdinand in 2004; one of the worst acts I ever saw... think they were completely fucked up on some sort of drugs.

I bought the Vicky Cryer album just because Dom was in the band and I adore the album. Jason Hill's songs are funny, sexy and funky.:D

They were friends making music together; Mark Stoermer plays bass in Vicky Cryer too, which developed over time.

I didn't know Vicky Cryer was his band. I knew someone from Louis XIV was in it, as was Dom.

I'm intrigued by Mark Stoermer and RATM's Brad Wilk being the rhythm section for the new Smashing Pumpkins tour. I'd have been interested to see it but I only know 1 Pumpkins tune.

As long as Muse get somebody more bearable than Dizzee Rascal as an opener I'm ok. Arcane Roots would be good. Also for stadiums in 2016 I'd like to see Catfish and the Bottlemen opening.