Matt singing Waterloo, oh god :LOL: Why not dancing queen

I'd prefer Mamma Mia for the lyrics, (Mamma mia, here I go again, my my how can I resist you, Mamma mia, does it show again? My my, just how much I've missed you) I think they'd fit very well the feeling of those who'd go to the gig:LOL:

They could maybe do this for the 25th anniversary in 2019, which would also coincide with the 10th anniversary of TR. Would be the perfect opportunity for full Exogenesis.

This is a good idea but to be fair, on a whole was The Resistance good enough to deserve a 10th anniversary.

Were some of the songs good enough to be played live on the Resistance tour in the first place?

Consistently. Apparently only Uprising, UD and Resistance. Don't get me wrong I like the album, as mediocre as it was, but as far as deserving an anniversary goes it doesn't come close to OOS or absolution.

Consistently. Apparently only Uprising, UD and Resistance. Don't get me wrong I like the album, as mediocre as it was, but as far as deserving an anniversary goes it doesn't come close to OOS or absolution.

Guiding Light was underwhelming on that tour and even worse now.

I can see why the band didn't think MK Ultra worked live given it was in a different key on studio and Matt found some guitar tracks a pain to play while singing, but I think they were harsh on that'un.

Guiding Light was underwhelming on that tour and even worse now.

I can see why the band didn't think MK Ultra worked live given it was in a different key on studio and Matt found some guitar tracks a pain to play while singing, but I think they were harsh on that'un.

As much as people hate guiding light, I've listened to it a few times recently and quite enjoyed it, I liked the performance it at glastonbury, and I rather enjoyed it at the etihad too. But that's just me.

MK Ultra is such a good song live from what I hear from the few times they played it. Same with Unnatural Selection, but i dont think they really give themselves chance to improve on the live performance of them. It's seems like they played them a couple of times and just thought 'these songs are never going to work live, let's scrap them'.

Matt singing Waterloo, oh god :LOL: Why not dancing queen

Yes to dancing queen, for the lolz! :LOL:

Not when Matt sings Waterloo :chuckle: He must be completely covered with glitter.

Yes to the glitter too! :LOL:

What about SOS? :eyebrows:

WE should sing "Thank you for the music" for them after the gig! :awesome::chuckle:

It was played at almost all of the gigs in 2009 and the majority of gigs in 2010. They played it 106 times according to setlist.fm.

Oh I didn't realise they actually played it that much. I stand corrected. I still can't understand why they don't still give it a regular slot or even a rotation slot for that matter in their setlists.

Oh I didn't realise they actually played it that much. I stand corrected. I still can't understand why they don't still give it a regular slot or even a rotation slot for that matter in their setlists.

That part was odd. They just dropped it halfway through the US leg and it never came back. Was unfortunately. It was definitely played enough to evolve (a bit) and was a fantastic live song. It was regularly a set closer in the stadiums too if I remember so they didn't think too poorly of it.

That part was odd. They just dropped it halfway through the US leg and it never came back. Was unfortunately. It was definitely played enough to evolve (a bit) and was a fantastic live song. It was regularly a set closer in the stadiums too if I remember so they didn't think too poorly of it.

It's a shame really. Maybe they lost the pedal :LOL:

USoE was a regular too, bar a few exceptions, and arguably the best of the 4 songs (despite being played half a step down).

Unnatural Selection deserved so much more than UD and GL to return, and it's a shame that MK Ultra was considered so hard to play, despite being good enough to be set opener a few times :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...