So with This whole thing Glenn is setting up I would be VERY VERY surprised if they don't get involved and do some small gigs there (hurrah to pit sales for that).

Hope we get some gigs in the lead up to this though, maybe a bit like the physco tour (which was the best night of my life EXETER FTW). Heres hoping.

Whats the next UK Festival we think...tends to be a roll around the same ones ish in a cycle so Glasto...... :s

I think that’s the natural Muse fan’s response to Glen’s new project but I wouldn’t pin too many hopes on it tbh. He was liking tweets suggesting some small Muse gigs associated with it just before he announced he was off but that could easily have just been jovial. It’s more than possible he wants to build it up without relying on connections to his past job. That said, if Muse are planning some small shows anyway then maybe there’s no reason why not, he was asking fans to help boost awareness of it the other day. The type of venues Glen’s working with are a lot smaller than SBE though so, yeah, tickets would be beyond a nightmare :chuckle: I wouldn’t even like to imagine...

Glasto’s a big no though, way too soon. They had 6 years between each of the last performances.

I think that’s the natural Muse fan’s response to Glen’s new project but I wouldn’t pin too many hopes on it tbh. He was liking tweets suggesting some small Muse gigs associated with it just before he announced he was off but that could easily have just been jovial. It’s more than possible he wants to build it up without relying on connections to his past job. That said, if Muse are planning some small shows anyway, maybe there’s no reason why not. The type of venues Glen’s working with are a lot smaller than SBE though so, yeah, tickets would be beyond a nightmare :chuckle: I wouldn’t even like to imagine...

Glasto’s a big no though, way too soon. They had 6 years between each of the last performances.

Yeah, we can only hope. I hate the pit of sales where I just sit for 3 hours getting the no no no whilst everyone on twitters screaming they got em (so many years, so much nope).

Meh fair enough ref Glasto, Just trying to work out the rotation and it seemed next on the list, what do you think then?

Meh fair enough ref Glasto, Just trying to work out the rotation and it seemed next on the list, what do you think then?

UK specifically?

TRNSMT, Big Weekend, Isle Of Wight, Eden Sessions and V Festival are all some they’ve not done in a while (at all in TRNSMT’s case). Would only expect 1 or 2 of those though, maybe TRNSMT being the most likely. Download v doubtful w/ this shaping up to be a pop album.

UK specifically?

TRNSMT, Big Weekend, Isle Of Wight, Eden Sessions and V Festival are all some they’ve not done in a while (at all in TRNSMT’s case). Would only expect 1 or 2 of those though, maybe TRNSMT being the most likely. Download v doubtful w/ this shaping up to be a pop album.

V not existing anymore rules that one out. Not that I'm sure they'd fit in with the line-up that its replacement (RiZE Festival) spat out for its initial year, mind.

I suggested BST Hyde Park for this year, so maybe there would work. Isle of Wight's also one that could work - last one was the warm-up for Wembley in '07, right?

I think they will do stadium in’europe at summer 2019 as matt talked about the possibility for them to go back to stadiums in an Itw in February. Matt said recently it was very exhausting and difficult for family time to do arenas tour because of the number of gigs you had to make (6 Bercy = 1.5 stade de France)

As they begin in North America maybe they Will try to start to do stadiums gigs in USA in very big cities like NY, LA, Chicago, Houston/Dallas, Toronto for Canada ; but don’t know if they are big enough yet.

I think it’ll look something like this;

November / December: Small European and American gigs

Spring: American shows

Summer: Stadiums in England & Europe + festivals (Hopefully TRNSMT)

Autumn - Winter: Asia + the rest of the world

I shall probs give all giggage a miss unless I can get tickets for one of the smaller gigs. Muse’s bigger gigs (arenas/stadiums) haven’t delivered for a while, imo. And have become ludicrously expensive.

If they do a more trad, paired back arena tour (no in the round, pliz), I might be tempted but again, I think it’ll be a last-min Twickets job based on how the sets are shaping up.

The last stadium tour was pretty fucking rad tbf, even if it was 5 (6 next year) years ago. Performance, stage, set length all totally on point. Just needed slightly better song choice and no actors to be pretty perfect tbh. Not that I think they’ll reach that level again but, ya never know, with a lighter schedule maybe they’ll be more willing to push it a bit. It’s enough past merit to be willing to give it a go for me, especially if Wembley comes round.

There's no way I'd pay to travel to see them for a normal gig anymore, even if the album was my favorite ever. (Which, with what we've heard, is already statistically impossible.)

I know they're going to announce that small gig in the US at some point, terribly last minute, and I'm going to get bent out of shape about it again, despite knowing that the setlist will only be a massive let down compared to the overseas one.

I find myself thinking way too much on Matt's "2 o'clock" Tweet.

A small venue show would hit the spot a lot more than a stadium or park, although one can imagine getting a ticket to be a manic squabble.

Tempted to head out to Europe for a date or two on the full tour if only because its an excuse to see more exciting places that I'm so far yet to, whereas I think I've kinda done all the London stadiums multiple times over. Essentially, what I wanted to do on the Drones Tour before chickening out and sticking to the O2.

I just got wind of this US by Request possibility...if this gets announced can we please get a concerted effort together to spam the fuck out of a #ShrinkingUniverse?

I don't want a retread of Glorious, Easily, Futurism, Eternally Missed. If we could get another mega B side pulled out randomly I think Shrinking Universe would be top tier to get a pro shot of.

EDIT: I'm not saying I wouldn't be absolutely ecstatic to get any of the rare songs from the first two by request songs, and I hope we get a few of them. But I want to see if we can make a board effort to get another ultra rare unplayed song into this set. Shrinking Universe was the first thing that came to mind for me. Open to other suggestions (Recess?) but I think we should pick one and get behind a hashtag that makes the band and people going to the show aware to vote for it.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I just got wind of this US by Request possibility...if this gets announced can we please get a concerted effort together to spam the fuck out of a #ShrinkingUniverse?

I don't want a retread of Glorious, Easily, Futurism, Eternally Missed. If we could get another mega B side pulled out randomly I think Shrinking Universe would be top tier to get a pro shot of.

I would like to hear Shrinking Universe as well actually, but I wouldn't put it over any of the B-sides you've just mentioned. They're all still rare, If it's really a US gig, it probably won't be that highly voted for anyway.

i agree, i ill love to hear to falsetto at the end, definitively in my top10 i think, so yeah in 100% for it !

If those songs get voted in though, that’s the point of these gigs. I could get asking people not to vote for v common songs but, other than that, I think it should be left for people to choose what they want.

Also just a bit mad to me to already be against ‘retreads’ of those songs when 3 of them have only been played once (their final versions, that is) :chuckle:

Exactly how many people actually got to see Glorious last time around?

I honestly hate when people act like this over these kinds of gigs, and try and make people selfish for voting for what they truly want to see...

Also, it's in the US; the voting's not going to go as well as the overseas gigs.

I dunno - while I think some post-Black Holes tracks are likelier to surface in the USA (MK Ultra would be a good shout for one), I bet a US crowd would also vote for some obscure pre-06 material. I thought the whole point of shit like YouTube, Spotify, or even going back further made that whole sort of thing irrelevant.

Ofc, US makes obscure a bit more relative, and it could as much depend on what the band stick on the ballot, but I reckon there'll still be fans who know Showbiz or Futurism or something like that voting for them.

I think the only factor I used to consider is that the US is obvs notoriously starved of anything rare, so I figured you’d probs be more likely to see some big songs that aren’t necessarily considered ultra rare elsewhere taking priority over luxury b-sides like EM and Easily. But then, those ‘big songs’ I mean are stuff like New Born, Bliss, CE and B&H, which all still got voted in at the two European gigs. Hell, PIB got voted in at La Cigale. So I guess a US gig voting for songs like that isn’t a whole lot different. Part of me thinks the semi-organisation that went into SBE’s vote was the only thing that kept that 100% rarities tbh.

Ultimately, if I had to map it out with some kind of loose prediction, I’d expect some kind of mash-up of the last two top 10s but with some of the more luxury stuff like Glorious, Easily, Eternally Missed and Space Dementia dropping out. Would love to be surprised by some picks though, maybe a TSP or something later like MKU.

Maybe: Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Dead Star, Sing For Absolution, Assassin (the 5 that appeared on both votes before) + Fury, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Butterflies & Hurricanes and New Born.

Edited by Jobby

But why? All those songs are so long ago anyways they start to blend. Any reasonably big fan is still gonna look them up, probably get YouTube recommendations, go on Reddit where they can see discussions for everything and get the same updates we all do, get excited for the big request shows.

The time Muse started to grow in popularity here is getting further and further behind us. There's fans of legal age now who are as old as Shrinking Universe.

If those songs get voted in though, that’s the point of these gigs. I could get asking people not to vote for v common songs but, other than that, I think it should be left for people to choose what they want.

Also just a bit mad to me to already be against ‘retreads’ of those songs when 3 of them have only been played once (their final versions, that is) :chuckle:

I'm not saying I would ask people not to vote for other rare songs. I'd like to hear any of those I mentioned. But I'm saying we should make an effort to get another unplayed song like SU into the forefronts of people's minds while they're voting. How else did EM and Easily make it?