I have to say that Dig Down works incredibly well when it's placed like that between IS and Showbiz.

Also, Matt playing over IS coda with the sustainer on gives me quite the goosebumps.

EDIT: Oh, blast it: I'll confess it makes me want to experience DD live as a new song, more than TC even.

EDIT2: Also, I feel Mercy will probably disappear from setlists in the future. It certainly isn't a hit like Starlight, even if I quite like it.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I think maybe Mercy should be replaced with the sole song from Drones that hasn't been performed live yet - Aftermath. Even it's just for a few concerts, it'd be nice for:

A - some variety from Drones.

B - A song that hasn't been performed thus far.

But it’s really bad so A and B become kinda irrelevant

PiB would work great as a main set closer imo (quite a few examples in 2004 I think?), and I’m sure it could do a good job as closer (I’d rather that than KoC), but SS, Bliss and TAB are their 3 best closers for me by a long stretch. Or Showbiz (but that has even less chance of being a closer than the others)

PiB would work great as a main set closer imo (quite a few examples in 2004 I think?), and I’m sure it could do a good job as closer (I’d rather that than KoC), but SS, Bliss and TAB are their 3 best closers for me by a long stretch. Or Showbiz (but that has even less chance of being a closer than the others)

Ugh this guy gets it so much

I personally really like Aftermath, even if others don't. What I don't like is having Mercy always being played in that slot. Another rotation slot being placed there would suffice. Especially since it appears the average setlist is going to be the same as the Amphitheatre tour from last year.

The big one for me is Uprising in the encore, I've found it dull in that spot for years now. It'd work much better as the 2nd or 3rd song in the set IMO.

I agree.

I also think they should scatter the "poppier" and mellower songs throughout their sets more instead of cramming them into a single run after playing most of the major bangers in the first part of a gig.

I remember a while back Matt talked about the idea of doing some sort of augmented reality thing for a tour... turns out U2 seem to have the same concept: http://www.u2.com/news/title/augment-your-reality/news/

Although I did like NME's pithy response in an article talking about this by saying they tried it and it crashed the phone they tried it on.

I remember a while back Matt talked about the idea of doing some sort of augmented reality thing for a tour... turns out U2 seem to have the same concept: http://www.u2.com/news/title/augment-your-reality/news/

Although I did like NME's pithy response in an article talking about this by saying they tried it and it crashed the phone they tried it on.

I'm seeing U2 in October and heard about this, apparently it's going to be used in a video before the opening song. Someone on a U2 forum I visit mentioned that it drained a fully charged phone down to 60% in the space of two minutes. Taking pictures at gigs is all good of course, but I'm up for this at a Muse arena gig if it takes out everyone's phones and makes for a more enthusiastic GA crowd. :LOL:

Clunge: I had no idea Muse closed with Showbiz in 2006 :eek:

Someone on a U2 forum I visit mentioned that it drained a fully charged phone down to 60% in the space of two minutes.

Could be a stroke of genius to deplete all the phone batteries in the crowd within the first song so twats will no longer be glued to them for the rest of the gig

Also, Matt playing over IS coda with the sustainer on gives me quite the goosebumps.

Yeah, the sustianiac over IS did sound awesome, brought a bit of new life to it even though it’s been beat to death , can they switch to Unsustainable as a transition for once or does Matt need the tea that bad?

Also, kinda pissed he dropped the cool sustianiac/ whammy part in the “clown takes the throne” line in dig down, wondering if that was just an in the moment not feeling it thing or if it’s gone for good, was probably my favorite part of the song honestly

Edited by yoyonco10

Yeah, the sustianiac over IS did sound awesome, brought a bit of new life to it even though it’s been beat to death , can they switch to Unsustainable as a transition for once or does Matt need the tea that bad?

Also, kinda pissed he dropped the cool sustianiac/ whammy part in the “clown takes the throne” line in dig down, wondering if that was just an in the moment not feeling it thing or if it’s gone for good, was probably my favorite part of the song honestly

He might get one of those colourful baseball caps with drink holders and tube straws going into one's mouth. Just put two big thermoses of tea on there, et voilà.

Agree with the DD verse, the sustained guitar gave it more atmosphere and richness in sound.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I'm seeing U2 in October and heard about this, apparently it's going to be used in a video before the opening song. Someone on a U2 forum I visit mentioned that it drained a fully charged phone down to 60% in the space of two minutes. Taking pictures at gigs is all good of course, but I'm up for this at a Muse arena gig if it takes out everyone's phones and makes for a more enthusiastic GA crowd. :LOL:

Clunge: I had no idea Muse closed with Showbiz in 2006 :eek:

Certainly, when I saw U2 in 2015 (and indeed have noticed from watching their gigs on YouTube, ironically), their audience is full of phone users.

Maybe it is a very much now thing for tours at this level, but I do find that it helps add to the dislocation you get from watching a gig through a viewfinder (or through someone else's, for that matter). And I say that well aware I take loads of pics at gigs for my Facebook friends to ignore. :chuckle:

It just means you're going to get smacked in the head at some point by someone's portable battery charger.

Very much a 21st century injury, that.

Taking pictures at gigs is all good of course, but I'm up for this at a Muse arena gig if it takes out everyone's phones and makes for a more enthusiastic GA crowd. :LOL::

Ehhhh, I went to a couple A Perfect Circle shows where there is a super strict no phones rule (can't even have it out to text) and everyone abides by it, but it was one of the most dead energy crowds I've ever been in. Standers gonna stand, phones or not.