^^This.

However, I feel it is beneficial to all bands to keep the set constantly rotating. Sets/performances stagnate extremely quickly.

My thing with Muse’s rotation is that the arena sets for The Resistance and early Drones gigs just weren’t very good and then on The Resistance tour you’d get gigs with MK Ultra instead of Unintended and Cave for Feeling Good, those two changes dramatically change the vibe of the show. It’s about balance as well as designing a tour leg setlist to not be super predictable from the start

Edited by Mozza

Didn't T2L rotate Feeling Good and Explorers with Sunburn, too?

I'd rather just have the same good setlist at every single gig than play the odds of getting the one rare or fan favorite song in a rotation like that.

Honestly never thought they’d bring Showbiz back this much, that’ll be it’s 6th play in 17 gigs (6 in 10 outside the US). Feels weird.

Apparently Dom confirmed Showbiz for the Pa'l Norte gig tonight.

Let's see if they'll fulfill their promise, but of course we probably won't see any other surprises regarding the setlist.

Honestly never thought they’d bring Showbiz back this much, that’ll be it’s 6th play in 17 gigs (6 in 10 outside the US). Feels weird.

I really hope it continues! :love:

Is KROQ Weenie Roast being speculated? Supposedly that is being announced on Monday and takes place in May close to their Bottleneck show. It's only been 3 years since they played it last, though.

Showbiz seriously needs to stick around, that's great!

Is KROQ Weenie Roast being speculated? Supposedly that is being announced on Monday and takes place in May close to their Bottleneck show. It's only been 3 years since they played it last, though.

I totally forgot about that. Would be nice if they did! :yesey:

Bottleneck

:chuckle:

setlist.fm said that there is 'the dark side' outro after stockholm... Is it true?

Edit : Forget it lol

Edited by Odie

setlist.fm said that there is 'the dark side' outro after stockholm... Is it true?
No. I doubt that Matt would say “that was from our upcoming song The dark side” and I doubt he would write it on the setlist, so how exactly would anyone know it was that song?

r6acuIm.png

top quality memes from reddit who just learned that you can edit setlists to say whatever you want

Update:

2H2H8Jm.png

Edited by Tjet

Honestly I had no idea what to write. They were clearly so uplifted by their genius work that nothing could bring them down.

I thought those posts were ironic/sarcastic at first but this is a prime reason why I refuse to venture outside of the board when it comes to the Muse fanbase.

I think the setlist looked alright. If it's going to become the template for this year's performances, I really hope to see some classics.

I haven't actually seen the performance itself yet purely because I can't find any quality videos of it.

There's so many teases there. The "special" song comes after Isolated System so imagine getting Dig Down in that slot, but then Showbiz after. And it normally replaces Stockholm but then they got that too. And Take A Bow was either before Supermassive or at the end of the main set, so where you'd expect the typical Uprising/Knights encore suddenly here's the song.

This element of surprise is a huge plus to me. Predictability is a mood killer afaic, makes you think and calculate too much and prevents you from getting into the concert and carried away.

It's a sad indictment that yet again, as they have on every tour since BH&R, they've ditched the best songs from their most recent album - Dead Inside, Reapers and The Handler look buried to me.

Down to 15 actual songs again. Ergh.

That said, Matt's voice sounded terrific. He nails Showbiz. That last note was fucking savage.

It's a sad indictment that yet again, as they have on every tour since BH&R, they've ditched the best songs from their most recent album - Dead Inside, Reapers and The Handler look buried to me.

Down to 15 actual songs again. Ergh.

Yes! I get its bouncy and all, but out of that entire album, how is Psycho the one song that gets played? Possibly the lowest effort of the whole record...

Edit: oh right, Mercy is in the set too. Still...

Also, it's amazing how well Showbiz aged.

Edited by s3ker