There absolutely are acts that record a "live" track for their gigs in the studio, but it would be weird to do that for post-production on a DVD...

And if they've finally decided to go full lazy and pre-record their gig audio, hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to advertise it. :chuckle:

I still for some reason find it really hard to believe they're recording anything for release soon.

Yeah, if I were a betting man I'd put money on no new music for the upcoming tour, we shall see though..

I still for some reason find it really hard to believe they're recording anything for release soon.

Just double checked to keep my faith strong but they have actually recorded something like this quite far in advance before, though only once tmk. Dead Star/In Your World was roughly 7 months between recording and release and, incidentally, obvs the last double A-side they did as well...

I'm just gonna hope they stick with the NSC and NKOK kinda turnout :unsure:

Yeah, if I were a betting man I'd put money on no new music for the upcoming tour, we shall see though..

Nah, something'll definitely be out for the amphitheatre tour imo. Just a question of how soon. I mean, when else would you release it?

Taking that DS/IYW example, it took a while but it was timed to come out for the '02 festival tour.

Edited by Jobby

Maybe it's just the idea of them releasing anything before an NA tour at this point seems ludicrous. Unless maybe it's tied to a movie or something like NSC.

I can also see a scenario where they want to drum up some hype before a tour that's taking place over a year after the last leg (in this country) and it really doesn't lead to anything more than "we dicked around with some ideas about future releases in 2018."

That's a shame. Forgot when the tour was, it's so spread out. Hoping they do a Brixton warm up show, or even better - the Arts Centre in Colchester exclusively for boardies (you'd be surprised who plays there (lovely staff and venue too)). ;)

Just over a week late on this but Boring Roadie's apparently on tour 'til mid-April so ain't nothing happening this month, for anyone who's stupid like me and still had any belief </3

Guess there's still early May for a few potential warm-up shows...maybe. The window for this stuff is getting smaller and smaller though, like my hopes and dreams.

:shifty:

Mixing the new stuff or rehearsals? Probs former.

Edit: SCRATCH THAT I'm a dope. If they were just mixing, they wouldn't have their gear with them(?). I think it's rehearsals. But if they're rehearsing now, it must be for something before the amphitheatre tour, right? Ho shit ho shit ho shit ho shit is it happening I think it migh tbe happening.

Edited by Jobby

could be recording & mixing stuff.

- in 2015 they were at the Air Studio for some rehearsal at the end of april , 10 days before the first Psycho USA gig.

- The first psycho tour gig happenned 4 days after the announcement. The announcement was the 11th of March 2015 (so tommorrow it wil be 2 years ago)....

I don't think a gig will happen in 5days but we never knows ^^

Could be just very anticipate rehearsal for the US tour in May (some obscur songs maybe)

US tour (obscur songs)

come on now :noey:

I'd be surprised if they were still recording anything other than absolute final touches, given they seemingly started like two months ago. The fact that they've just moved there after spending their other sessions in that LA studio says to me that they did the recording over there and are just moving to Air for the mixing, similar to what they did with Drones iirc.

If they are rehearsing as well though, they typically rehearse for tours anywhere up to a month in advance tmk (usually a couple of weeks)...

Crikey No Tip?

Clearly employ an underpaid Australian roadie, poor fella.

People have caught up with them outside the studio. They said they are not working on a new album.

Out of all the things to ask :facepalm:

come on guys im dyin here

christ, if it wasn't a 5 hour trip to London, I'd stalk the studio meself

Edited by Jobby

It's not like they'd confirm if they're doing a secret tour or anything.

No but when it's blatantly not an album hlbskdfndkfbckfmb

It's worth a try with the right questions :supersad: "What are you working on?/Single or EP?/How far along is it?/Nothing in Europe other than R+L?" At worst, I reckon they'd probs give some kind of vague hint.

With any luck some details will appear soon enough.

Tbf if we're talking hypothetical maybe possible shows, I'd settle for an announced on the day one-off like the Electric Ballroom gig in 2015. Still gutted I had to miss that one, or the one Kings of Leon did in London last autumn.