I've wanted to go America tbf. But I can probably a find a better reason than for this, especially given Muse's track record for US setlists. Although does this increase the possibility of 30STM being the undercards for Muse at Reading & Leeds?

Edited by forevermusic

Has anyone had experience with these Ticketmaster Verified Fan presales? Kinda mad that they're abandoning the regular Muse.Mu in favour of a lottery...

I've never even heard of this Verified Fan Sale thing. It must be new, hopefully I signed up ok. I figure I'll just give a shot for Toronto tickets.

If they're all the same through Ticketmaster, the lottery thing was really stressful the one time I did it.

You get an email or text message IF you're selected in the lottery, and it seemed like it could be at any point during the day.

Presale supposedly started at 11am, and I didn't get anything, and then went to work at 2pm only to get a code while I was driving, and by the time I got to work and logged in there was nothing left.

I have no idea why they'd use that instead of a standard presale.

Probably

:chuckle:

New album on the way, not played it since 2011... Could see it happening

Hmmm. Maybe. I'd seen other names mentioned - Royal Blood among them - but I guess its easy to draw parallels.

It was My Chemical Romance they sub-headlined in 2011, right?

If they're all the same through Ticketmaster, the lottery thing was really stressful the one time I did it.

You get an email or text message IF you're selected in the lottery, and it seemed like it could be at any point during the day.

Presale supposedly started at 11am, and I didn't get anything, and then went to work at 2pm only to get a code while I was driving, and by the time I got to work and logged in there was nothing left.

I have no idea why they'd use that instead of a standard presale.

Yeah. That sounds very strange, and definitely not an improvement on normal pre-sales.

Mercifully I'm yet to come across that for gigs. Not least given how badly I failed with the Olympics.

:chuckle:

Hmmm. Maybe. I'd seen other names mentioned - Royal Blood among them - but I guess its easy to draw parallels.

It was My Chemical Romance they sub-headlined in 2011, right?.

It was. Could see RB into Mars into Muse. Would love that. Could see RB also headlining the tent

So i did a bit of research and for example the capacity in Atlanta is 20k, but Depeche Mode played there in 2013 for a 9k crowd and it was "sold out", same for Tampa which was 12k.

If they manage to sell out these shows it proves they need a strong support or a co-headline tour instead of curtaining half arenas on their own, hopefully they realize that.

I just have a bad feeling that, without a new album or big Drones-like stage production, Muse will stick to a 90-minute greatest hits set for this tour. That's basically what the Drones tour was anyway once you stripped back all the prerecorded theatrics. On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed that they haven't scheduled any dates yet in my area but also a little relieved that I won't be tempted to buy tickets for another been-there-done-that set.