I just have a bad feeling that, without a new album or big Drones-like stage production, Muse will stick to a 90-minute greatest hits set for this tour. That's basically what the Drones tour was anyway once you stripped back all the prerecorded theatrics. On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed that they haven't scheduled any dates yet in my area but also a little relieved that I won't be tempted to buy tickets for another been-there-done-that set.

Yeah I'm really wondering if I want to spend $100+ on a ticket and drive 10 hours roundtrip for this. Maybe if I can land GA pit in the presale. Even then.. meh. I'll stay home and they'll play Dead Star though. Because it's Canada. The US shows are guaranteed to suck. :LOL:

Yeah I'm really wondering if I want to spend $100+ on a ticket and drive 10 hours roundtrip for this. Maybe if I can land GA pit in the presale. Even then.. meh. I'll stay home and they'll play Dead Star though. Because it's Canada. The US shows are guaranteed to suck. :LOL:

I live about 50 miles away from you if you're still in Holt (I'm going to be in Lansing tomorrow actually). DTE or Klipsch in Indy would be ok but I'm not driving to St. Louis or Toronto for this one. I already have tickets for Green Day and U2 this summer. I can live with that.

How much are standard tickets? Should surely be less than the Drones what with the lack of production.

$99 for GA at some gigs, so about £78. Some are higher.

So same, roughly. Or sort of. Don't know how to check what the exchange rate was in September 2015 when the UK Drones shows went on sale, but I do know its a worse rate now. How much were the US Drones shows?

The range is $30 to 99. Which means the few pit tickets on sale Wil go for 99 and its 30 for lawn seats.

This presale system is fucked up too. May just get seated in the general sale.

$99 for GA at some gigs, so about £78. Some are higher.

So same, roughly. Or sort of. Don't know how to check what the exchange rate was in September 2015 when the UK Drones shows went on sale, but I do know its a worse rate now. How much were the US Drones shows?

$30 is a snip, I'd defo go for that out of the options. Doubt there'll be much you'd wanna be in the pit for anyway.

$99+ for pit tickets though :stunned:

How much are standard tickets? Should surely be less than the Drones what with the lack of production.

The best tickets are more than the Drones tour, oddly. But you're also paying for 30STM...

I live about 50 miles away from you if you're still in Holt (I'm going to be in Lansing tomorrow actually). DTE or Klipsch in Indy would be ok but I'm not driving to St. Louis or Toronto for this one. I already have tickets for Green Day and U2 this summer. I can live with that.

Yup, still live in Holt and work in Lansing haha. I've done the Toronto drive a lot over the years and it's pretty easy. And I have a friend out that way. That's really the only reason I'm flirting with the idea. But yeah, if this was at Pine Knob/DTE I wouldn't even have to think twice about going. Oh well.

Do we think tickets will sell well for this tour?

I would not anticipate them selling out the general admission lawn seating in the amphitheatre type venues. I'd guess that the reserved seating will sell pretty well in most locations.

$125 (with fees) pit tix and/or decent seats -- and that's face value...in the middle of the summer -- ain't gonna help.

in any event, sales of 80%+ of capacity across all venues would keep promoters happy. i expect some substantial variance from venue to venue, though.

in other news, a downsized production (relative to the last tour) coupled with somewhat steep ticket prices is going to help boost profit margins for the band(s), likely putting the tour in the black.

$100 (before fees) seems incredibly expensive for a band that struggled to sell out arenas at $55-65...

I think that's just where they are as an act at this point, charging as much as they dare where they can. The South American gigs from 2015 still give me a mucky feeling.

We all love a good moan about sets and filler and whatnot but the seemingly growing money thing's the only one that genuinely doesn't sit well with me.

Seems like this will be the first US tour I'll have skipped in 13 years. What a joke. Not only do we get inferior setlists in the US, the hardcore fans are at a disadvantage while getting to the barrier versus people who pay double or even triple the costs of the standard pit tickets. People who don't pay but instead queue outside the venue for 10-15 hours will be lucky to get in the second or third row.

This was already annoying as hell on the 360 tour when the barrier wrapped around the entire venue, but an end-stage in a small venue headlining with another big band? It's going to be fucking impossible.

I'll have a better experience watching the VIP's videos on YouTube. I would've thought they'd stop this nonsense after seeing how the VIP barriers were dead while the corners were where the fans went. I mean European crowds have always been more energetic but the crowds didn't change THAT MUCH between T2L/Drones. Whatever, I'll save my money and just fly to the UK and do the 5-6 night residencies instead. It may cost a little more but at least I'll have a good time.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I think that's just where they are as an act at this point, charging as much as they dare where they can. The South American gigs from 2015 still give me a mucky feeling.

We all love a good moan about sets and filler and whatnot but the seemingly growing money thing's the only one that genuinely doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not questioning the obvious and nauseating greed of a band that would charge it's most dedicated fans $400+ to be close to the stage....

I'm questioning the logic of charging so much for these gigs when they skipped most of the country on the cheaper tour because they wouldn't have sold well enough. Are there enough people willing to pay so much more to see them when the album is cold and it's not in conjunction with a fancy stage show?

Seems like this will be the first US tour I'll have skipped in 13 years. What a joke. Not only do we get inferior setlists in the US, the hardcore fans are at a disadvantage while getting to the barrier versus people who pay double or even triple the costs of the standard pit tickets. People who don't pay but instead queue outside the venue for 10-15 hours will be lucky to get in the second or third row.

This was already annoying as hell on the 360 tour when the barrier wrapped around the entire venue, but an end-stage in a small venue headlining with another big band? It's going to be fucking impossible.

unfortunately, with an end stage and the early entry VIP procedure in play -- the moral of the story is: to have a shot at the barrier (or close to it), pay $300+...or have connections.

$100 plus fees for a pit ticket isn't unreasonable with three acts, two of which are either well-known (TSTM) or very well-known. there are lots of hands to feed: the bands, the promoters, the venue, the crews, etc.: they all need a slice of the pie.

Are there enough people willing to pay so much more to see them when the album is cold and it's not in conjunction with a fancy stage show?

something tells me VIP package sales will be appreciably lower this time around, so there's hope for the hoi polloi...