something tells me VIP package sales will be appreciably lower this time around, so there's hope for the hoi polloi...

Not a lot of hope for the hoi polloi I am afraid, as you have reckoned without the 30STM fans. 30 also sell VIP for shows (including these ones) and their barrier has been available for $$$ since 2010. And in this case you don't need to ask what the artist thinks of that...Adventure, the company that provides these packages, is owned by one Jared Leto.

I loved 30, back when they were a rock band. However these days...they suffered by comparison on the Carnivores Tour with Linkin Park and I've no reason to think it will be different here. As others have said, lets hope Matt doesn't decide that letting the fans sing on the next record is the way to go!!

Not a lot of hope for the hoi polloi I am afraid, as you have reckoned without the 30STM fans. 30 also sell VIP for shows (including these ones) and their barrier has been available for $$$ since 2010. And in this case you don't need to ask what the artist thinks of that...Adventure, the company that provides these packages, is owned by one Jared Leto.

I loved 30, back when they were a rock band. However these days...they suffered by comparison on the Carnivores Tour with Linkin Park and I've no reason to think it will be different here. As others have said, lets hope Matt doesn't decide that letting the fans sing on the next record is the way to go!!

Every single time I've seen Matt try to get american audiences to sing anything, it ends pretty embarrassingly, so as much as he probably wants to be more like Jared Leto, it's not happening.

When I met Flea in Budapest he said: "Oh shit" when I said how hard is to get tickets for pretty much any show with touts and ticket prices. He looked like I told him that Santa doesn't exist or something :LOL: I'm pretty sure 99% of bands have no idea about that

When I met Flea in Budapest he said: "Oh shit" when I said how hard is to get tickets for pretty much any show with touts and ticket prices. He looked like I told him that Santa doesn't exist or something :LOL: I'm pretty sure 99% of bands have no idea about that

Bit of a big assumption to make from one anecdotal case tho.

Muse absolutely know, there's no way they don't when they'll have had to sign off/donate stuff to that museum thing. Prime example was the petitions to lower the prices for the South American gigs in 2015, they either ignore it or don't care.

$100 plus fees for a pit ticket isn't unreasonable with three acts, two of which are either well-known (TSTM) or very well-known. there are lots of hands to feed: the bands, the promoters, the venue, the crews, etc.: they all need a slice of the pie.

Good excuse

unfortunately, with an end stage and the early entry VIP procedure in play -- the moral of the story is: to have a shot at the barrier (or close to it), pay $300+...or have connections.

If this is what we have to get used to in the US, they'll be getting used to dead crowds. Doubt I'll even bother going until this policy is gone.

All I can say to other US fans is "you should've complained when it happened on the 360 tour, I told you it was a slippery slope to it happening in small venues/end-stage" and if it weren't so unfortunate, I'd find the women on my Facebook that defended "their right to have VIP early entrance procedures" bitching about it now.

$100 plus fees for a pit ticket isn't unreasonable with three acts, two of which are either well-known (TSTM) or very well-known. there are lots of hands to feed: the bands, the promoters, the venue, the crews, etc.: they all need a slice of the pie.

GA for Wembley night 2 in 2010 with Biffy and 2 other supports was £45 (£54 counting inflation) and that was a massive venue with a big production and longer set in a country where they have some of their highest demand.

For a band with Muse's recent so-so success in the US, $100 is bloody pushing it imo.

Saw Biffy (with Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes as a great support) for 26€ last month. The whole gig blew me away and actually made me realise how dettached and passive Muse were at the 360 gig I saw (even though the show was pretty cool). Hopefully these gigs will be a little more stripped down and energetic, especially as the U.S fans seem to have gotten the short end of the stick last tour. 100$ is a bit of a gamble though :$

Edited by s3ker

Bit of a big assumption to make from one anecdotal case tho.

Muse absolutely know, there's no way they don't when they'll have had to sign off/donate stuff to that museum thing. Prime example was the petitions to lower the prices for the South American gigs in 2015, they either ignore it or don't care.

Was to lazy to write elaborate post :LOL:

Bands can't lower prices after releasing tickets on sale. It's all up to promoters at that point.

Bands I worked with usually have limits (which are quite high and quite low) on ticket prices but from my experience from organizing mid and low tier metal shows in Belgrade not a single band cared about ticket price. Literally not a single one. They had their fee and that's all they wanted. Promoters and venues in EU make shitton of money. I remember organizing Sabaton show last year. We paid the same fee as German organizers and we had tickets for 15€ and they had 30€ and we still made money. Basically if Muse say: "we will make upper limit 40$" organizers would just say: "Okay, cool. We'll get Foo Fighters instead" cause shows with low ticket prices aren't making them a lot money and are ruining image of other shows and their prices.

Things will change if a lot of bands do that but I don't really see that.

I'd rather see time invested in curbing second hand ticket sale extortion and creating presale protocols to give genuine, invested fans get priority where possible.

Same, tbf.

The likes of Adele, Ed Sheeran and You Me At Six deserve some credit for coming out and saying they think sites like viagogo are fucking over fans. But its still odd - I remember documentaries, petitions, MP-lead inquiries and other stuff about it 4/5 years ago and if anything its been getting worse.

Saw Biffy (with Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes as a great support) for 26€ last month. The whole gig blew me away and actually made me realise how dettached and passive Muse were at the 360 gig I saw (even though the show was pretty cool). Hopefully these gigs will be a little more stripped down and energetic, especially as the U.S fans seem to have gotten the short end of the stick last tour. 100$ is a bit of a gamble though :$

These gigs have a real chance to just be a total train wreck.

People going in expecting the "big Muse experience" they're known for, and not getting it.

And then if this is another round of Matt scowling at his shoes the entire performance, there's not going to be a pretty window dressing to attempt to cover that up.

With Matt's stage persona, they actually run the risk of getting upstaged by 30STM. Despite the huge flaws with their gigs, Jared at least knew how to engage his crowd.

I'd rather see time invested in curbing second hand ticket sale extortion and creating presale protocols to give genuine, invested fans get priority where possible.

This pre-sale is a HUGE step away from both of those...

This whole tour still seems incredibly random to me, it seems like they're trying really hard out of nowhere to maintain relevance here in the US. Like if you had asked me two years ago if I thought they would ever play a festival like Bunbury or Firefly I'd say hell no, seems like they always kind of acted like they were above "lower tier" US festivals. Regardless I hope this show will be worth me having a panic attack over boarding a plane to go see them, fully expected a singles fest with Uprising and Resistance in the same set list

While I'm surprised they actually bothered to follow up on playing some of the areas they skipped on the main tour over here, I'm really disappointed that they found a way to still do large venues. Considering the small venue gigs they did in the last few years were far superior both in band and crowd energy.

Doing some 4-5k clubs would have been ideal, but it really seems the band is just about high ticket prices...

I'm really a bit depressed that Muse is playing the venue that I'd always dreamed of going to (Red Rocks) when I no longer would pay that much to see them, or travel to see them. (And if I'm being honest, am too incapacitated to travel or go to that style of gig...)