A thing's happening?

How big's the venue in question?

Tiny, maybe about 170 max capacity. Saying that, they've started to get relatively big bands such as the Bronx, Cancer Bats, Sikth and While She Sleeps. Of course Muse would be a huge leap compared to those but I never stop dreaming of seeing them play there.

A promoter has put an event saying that a huge band will be announced in a couple of days. Most likely gonna be something among the lines of those other bands but you never know.

It's happening.

First post in ages and it's a vaguepost trolling people's hearts.

Shame :noey:

Rumours of a huge band being announced for a certain West Yorkshire venue. Most likely Weezer though (if the in-jokes are true) though.

Ooh, which venue? Wouldn't mind keeping a look out, whoever it ends up being.

Hey a gig was announced literally hours after I posted. :phu:

You have an eerie knack for timing attempted trolls when actual news suddenly breaks :chuckle:

Also, I love the idea that a 'guys it's happening' vaguepost was building hype for Bunberry Festival in Cincinnati.

You're not wrong tho, a bigger it is happening :shifty:

i'm wondering if Lollapalloza chicago is still in the plans for this summer as cincinnatti is not that far from chicago

Don't see why it wouldn't be? Chicago Lolla's not until early August.

If that's the case, then there's 99% chances they're doing club tour :p . I was thinking doing both days, but after Kasabian were announced, I'm very tempted to see them. Which one is better, Leading or Leeds? I read somewhere that Reading is kind of crazy and gets out of control fairly easy

If that's the case, then there's 99% chances they're doing club tour :p . I was thinking doing both days, but after Kasabian were announced, I'm very tempted to see them. Which one is better, Leading or Leeds? I read somewhere that Reading is kind of crazy and gets out of control fairly easy

You know there's 3 days, right? :chuckle: iirc, the cost of buying 2 day tickets ain't far off a full weekend.

I'd say Leeds is the more crazy/loose of the two but not in a bad way, if you're willing to get a bit mucky/wet. I've got nothing but great memories from the years I've gone and I'm generally pretty timid. From what I've heard, Reading can be a bit tame and stale in comparison.

Can we expect somewhat different set lists for the festivals this year? Seeming as they made a big thing about the Drones tour ending back in the summer or whenever. I seem to remember them saying something similar about wanting to do something different at R&L back in 2011 as it was after TR tour, which of course led to OOS in full.

Can we expect somewhat different set lists for the festivals this year? Seeming as they made a big thing about the Drones tour ending back in the summer or whenever. I seem to remember them saying something similar about wanting to do something different at R&L back in 2011 as it was after TR tour, which of course led to OOS in full.

Yeah, been thinking this for a while. I can see the US festival sets being fairly standard (because US) but R&L feels like it has potential, especially since it's a European exclusive. I mean, if they're just gonna be standard sets then why not just wait 'til the next album cycle to do it? As opposed to during a year where they're only supposed to be 'chilling out' and catching up on US dates they skipped.

Don't get my hopes up talking about albums in full tho, I've been down that road :chuckle:

i'm wondering if Lollapalloza chicago is still in the plans for this summer as cincinnatti is not that far from chicago

AFAIK that's not announced until March or April.

Saying that, I know Lolla had a thing like Coachella where bands couldn't play in cities within a certain radius. But then if that was still the case in 2011, surely that radius would've included Kansas City, where they played Kanrocksas.

What other festivals are on in the US in the summer? All I really know of apart from these ones is Outside Lands and Firefly.

Yeah, been thinking this for a while. I can see the US festival sets being fairly standard (because US) but R&L feels like it has potential, especially since it's a European exclusive. I mean, if they're just gonna be standard sets then why not just wait 'til the next album cycle to do it? As opposed to during a year where they're only supposed to be 'chilling out' and catching up on US dates they skipped.

Don't get my hopes up talking about albums in full tho, I've been down that road :chuckle:

Sadly not expecting any albums in full. But I would say it'd be somewhat safe to expect setlists with less Drones songs which potentially means more room for older songs.... though it is muse after all lol