Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Maybe it's just me but I always thought the MB-1s and DL-1s actually looked better than the originals...There's a nicer balanced look to them somehow...Not quite so over the top...

you're one to talk, knob man :ninja:

I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest. I do like kev's DL-1 without the effects though...

d7004174.jpg

I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest. I do like kev's DL-1 without the effects though...

d7004174.jpg

Bit silly getting a fuzz factory built in when you own a couple of those pedals in the first place.

Ideally it would be awesome if they could simply have midi support for the comp and stab and bam, sorted with midi controllers and your guitar has one less gunk

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, knob maaaaan!!!!

DL-1 does look nice without the effects...But I don't have a problem with having extra controls on the guitar as long as they're not just thrown on there all over the place...I tried to arrange mine as tastefully as possible, and I think it looks like a nice layout considering how much is in there...

Do the aluminium guitars still come with that crappy plastic stuff on the backplates and so on...If so than gut shots might just be a must when it arrives...If not, I'll probably not even try and open it all up! XD

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, knob maaaaan!!!!

DL-1 does look nice without the effects...But I don't have a problem with having extra controls on the guitar as long as they're not just thrown on there all over the place...I tried to arrange mine as tastefully as possible, and I think it looks like a nice layout considering how much is in there...

Do the aluminium guitars still come with that crappy plastic stuff on the backplates and so on...If so than gut shots might just be a must when it arrives...If not, I'll probably not even try and open it all up! XD

Yeah, I know what you mean. Your guitar looks very well thought out, actually :ninja:

I can't remember if the DL-1 had plastic on the back plates, but 001 definitely didn't. (although that wasn't built to order and was in the shop for a few months) They'd have to remove the plastic to add the swirls anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
nice

So this will actually be the first EXACT replica of one of his guitars. :ninja:

also, one year on... still looking a bit too clean

326546_10151161751680944_1856958379_o.jpg

I would have gone for the DL-1R but I already have a guitar with a sustainer in it and want to keep to as few mansons as possible to keep some bank balance! I am going to get the DL-1 with fuzz and phase. I requested the fret dots to not be present on mine! I cant wait to see it, I thought the prototypes looked amazing

I would have gone for the DL-1R but I already have a guitar with a sustainer in it and want to keep to as few mansons as possible to keep some bank balance! I am going to get the DL-1 with fuzz and phase. I requested the fret dots to not be present on mine! I cant wait to see it, I thought the prototypes looked amazing

can you even do that (no fret dots)? are you just going to say "hey, i'm DL-1 dave, i have anything"?

fret dots isn't so much of a feature though. i thought it looked much better without them. I'd love a DL-1R with no dots!

Sames, looks much better

6862530899_f428c03c00_z.jpg

but yeah, hopefully DL-1 dave can shed more light on whether that request was honoured. Would be a waste of time if they HAD to put the fret dots on, then after the build have a mod to replace the fretboard when all you needed to do was NOT PUT THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Yeah, though most people here weren't able to stop at just one!

rust_relic got the DL-1 with fuzz and phase.

250211_247640825257914_100000359964105_879758_3237486_n.jpg

(usually they come with chrome bridge pickups)

Did you get the custom hardware? I felt I needed to get those with mine as they were some of the more unique things about the original. Phaser didn't really seem necessary though

opie, what modifications did you ask for? I think all they're really willing to do is the coil split option, but I don't know

opie, what modifications did you ask for? I think all they're really willing to do is the coil split option, but I don't know

When I first ordered my MB-1 i opted for no screen. In my mind that would leave an odd open space at the back of the guitar. I thought a tune-o-matic type bridge would look much better but they wouldn´t allow that.

In the end I changed my mind and went for the screen after all, as you know. Problem solved:)

Archived