Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm currently using Ernie ball after switching from d'addarios. Never heard of Rotosounds...might have to give them a shot.

...are there any other helpful tips any one else recommends I request of Mansons when they ask for my specs? (other than please don't take over a year to finish :) ) Speaking of which, have they ever made the MB-1s alongside with the DL-1s at the same time? According to the MB-1 thread they are taking orders as well?

Last year they took the orders for the DL-1s, then the MB-1s. Then they made the DL-1s, black MB-1s and red MB-1s in that order. I expect it'll be the same this time round. They're trying to get ahead of schedule this time though. Last time it all fell behind a bit, so they're trying to clear all current orders at the moment, so they're set to go with the new ones.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm currently using Ernie ball after switching from d'addarios. Never heard of Rotosounds...might have to give them a shot.

...are there any other helpful tips any one else recommends I request of Mansons when they ask for my specs? (other than please don't take over a year to finish :) ) Speaking of which, have they ever made the MB-1s alongside with the DL-1s at the same time? According to the MB-1 thread they are taking orders as well?

the rotos are pretty nice, but not the easiest to get in the US

I haven't really got anything to suggest. When I ordered mine, I didn't really think the phaser was worth it ... I felt it needed the fuzz factory (which I hardly use :facepalm: ) and custom hardware though, as those were some of the most unique things about the original.

in the 6 years I've been playing, I've never used Rotos! They'll probably be my next set. Been with Ernie Ball 10's - 11's since I started. I stand by Elixers for acoustic guitars however.

I alwasy used GHS boomers and/or gilbert ones (red) but started have been using the manson strings the past few months, theyre really not bad at all tbh. And +1 for the elixir, sex on an acoustic.

I alwasy used GHS boomers and/or gilbert ones (red) but started have been using the manson strings the past few months, theyre really not bad at all tbh. And +1 for the elixir, sex on an acoustic.

Yeah, the Mansons strings look pretty intriguing! Just don't wanna buy a set and find out they're re-branded Ernie balls :LOL:

Building them? Oh, young padawan, you have much to learn! :chuckle:

In terms of the e-mail about specs, just be patient, there's no rush at the moment. They'll wait until they have all the orders for the DLs and MBs set, I expect and then send out e-mails to everyone to confirm specs. It could be a few weeks or it could be tomorrow. No rush with that though, although I know how it feels to want to get it all finalised as soon as possible. It won't matter though, as long as you let them know when you do here from them.

As for building them, I'd imagine that probably won't start for a good while yet. If I remember correctly, I ordered my MB-1 in February and the real building didn't start until about six, seven, eight months after because of the DLs and MAs. They were running behind then though. They'll probably give it a month or two or something and then get started I'd imagine. Did they give a completion estimate in the original e-mail?

....still waiting to hear back from Adrian to get my specs for my DL-1, do they wait until they have all 25 orders completed before they start building them?

Don't worry, it's ok, you have to wait certainly 2 good weeks ;) the building won't begin before 6 months maybe ;)

Building them? Oh, young padawan, you have much to learn! :chuckle:

In terms of the e-mail about specs, just be patient, there's no rush at the moment. They'll wait until they have all the orders for the DLs and MBs set, I expect and then send out e-mails to everyone to confirm specs. It could be a few weeks or it could be tomorrow. No rush with that though, although I know how it feels to want to get it all finalised as soon as possible. It won't matter though, as long as you let them know when you do here from them.

As for building them, I'd imagine that probably won't start for a good while yet. If I remember correctly, I ordered my MB-1 in February and the real building didn't start until about six, seven, eight months after because of the DLs and MAs. They were running behind then though. They'll probably give it a month or two or something and then get started I'd imagine. Did they give a completion estimate in the original e-mail?

:LOL: exactly !!! ;)

So, I think they start to build MB run in october or november, not before ;)

But you'll be so lucky when you'll have it !!!!!! :)

It's not so much lack of faith as just speaking from experience, haha! We've all been through the same process. It's a lot easier to sit here now and tell you to be patient, because trust me, it's worth the wait in the end. I think the DLs and MBs both take about the same time to actually build, 3-4 months something like that, but the do the DLs first, and the won't start work on them for another few months either I expect. It's worth looking forward to though. ;)

What are you waiting for Olly? I remember you had a few options you were considering, but I don't know which of them you took the plunge on in the end! :ninja:

If it makes you feel better, I expect you'll all have your MBs, DLs, MAs, and whatever other things you'll all be getting before my custom's finished! ;)

What are you waiting for Olly? I remember you had a few options you were considering, but I don't know which of them you took the plunge on in the end! :ninja:

If it makes you feel better, I expect you'll all have your MBs, DLs, MAs, and whatever other things you'll all be getting before my custom's finished! ;)

Was there any reason in particular that your custom was going to take about 12 months? I recall someone on here (Jim?) mentioned custom shapes take longer, but I don't know. It could be the fact that it's so over the top in many ways :ninja:

my cracked mirror is taking a bit longer than they quoted, but it should be done soon. The waiting is worse when you know it's nearly done!

Well, I definitely remember them saying it was very different to all the other customs they had lined up, so it's probably that. I know they've done stuff a hell of a lot more over the top than mine before (there's a poster in the shop of all the crazy stuff from years ago), but it's probably the most complicated thing they've got lined up at the moment anyway which is probably it. I know they also mentioned the extra time and expense of a 'custom custom' in using a shape they don't have a template for, and so on. But yeah, I suspect it's just that there's so much stuff to do on mine, that others could be finished a bit quicker.

Was there any reason in particular that your custom was going to take about 12 months? I recall someone on here (Jim?) mentioned custom shapes take longer, but I don't know. It could be the fact that it's so over the top in many ways :ninja:

my cracked mirror is taking a bit longer than they quoted, but it should be done soon. The waiting is worse when you know it's nearly done!

how long has your cracked mirror been?

Well the mb1 is away getting pimped so its like waiting for a new guitar :LOL:

Hi first post,

I'm thinking of making a dl-1... (it will be a pain getting a manson from the uk, thats why)..

Should i stick to the original and pop an aluminium top on it or just chrome the thing? I have access to a PVD machine. So it might be interesting...

Thoughts?

Cheers...

Archived