Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

I swear it had silver cavities, but then didn't take pictures of it because I was afraid you'd be angry

photo2po.jpg

This was the last I saw of it, and it looks fine to me - I just meant that I don't think it's the textured sparkly type effect as on the original DL-1s was the point - not a massive issue though. It was more trying to express the idea of them matching the aluminium well really.

If I was getting a custom I'd spec it down to the tiniest detail, if you're paying so much for something then I think it's important to get EXACTLY what you want. I guess it doesn't matter so much for Marx though...

Yeah, there have been some details with mine which I didn't think of at first. The first custom I had done was pretty straightforward, and the last one had a few things changed along the way. Main thing was getting the exact finish I wanted.

http://imageshack.us/a/img402/5271/photo2po.jpg

This was the last I saw of it, and it looks fine to me - I just meant that I don't think it's the textured sparkly type effect as on the original DL-1s was the point - not a massive issue though. It was more trying to express the idea of them matching the aluminium well really.

Yeah that's what I recall seeing. To be honest, it's not going to be easy to find a paint that matches swirled aluminum well.

That's completely put me off having one! :(

How come? I think you should still get one

Matt's Son Of Delorean guitar is the same if it bothers you that much.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-34vulzAe9DQ/T-c4LD7CHVI/AAAAAAAAKE4/g0Ph7KJ4xVk/s1600/manson.bellamy.31.jpg

D:

That reminds me... the gloss black M1D1 has a kill switch cavity, but no kill switch. Does he really change his mind during the build as much as I do?

I'd want it to be exactly like the Delorean really. If it isn't going to be I'd rather get the red carbonita with black custom hardware and spec it with fuzz and phase.

1185731_10151600416607091_573977582_n_zps8dfad888.jpg

This one is mine as it looks now, Tim @ Mansons did most of the mods over the last couple of years, added Roland & Piezo Pickups and changed the bridge pickup to a Motherbucker

Iit's true it sounded better with the MBK-2 and no piezo but you can hardly say that the original is lacking in tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgggZqzh06k

:)

Unlike my twin brother anything is for sale....

Only Manson Guitar built for Matt Bellamy ever to go on sale to the public........SOLD!

1st ever Red Glitter Manson MB-1..........PART EXCHANGED!

:D

I'll have it if you're willing to sell it. Do I get a signed portrait of Simno playing your DL-1?

I wonder who got your old MB-1. Must have been snapped up fast anyway.

Read it out fast.

I have a lecturer here in one of my classes who says 'aluminum' and it drives me crazy - I find it very difficult not to mutter 'aluminium' under my breath, haha! Stuff like that really gets on my nerves somehow.

never been too keen on the DL1 series because they look SO clean :(

Just play it and gig with it for a bit, and it starts to wear in and look better and better. I love how it wears, if you dont constantly keep cleaning it in like 6 months it will look worn and awesome! I think too many people are scared of letting it get like that (I dont know why)

Read it out fast.

I have a lecturer here in one of my classes who says 'aluminum' and it drives me crazy - I find it very difficult not to mutter 'aluminium' under my breath, haha! Stuff like that really gets on my nerves somehow.

Is he american? :noey:

Just play it and gig with it for a bit, and it starts to wear in and look better and better. I love how it wears, if you dont constantly keep cleaning it in like 6 months it will look worn and awesome! I think too many people are scared of letting it get like that (I dont know why)

Mine is starting to get like that (it can't be avoided really), but I have a couple of other guitars that need playing too, so it's happening much slower

Is he american? :noey:

No, but he learned English in America. :facepalm:

He's like 'Oh, you're from England! Do you say "How do you do?"' - I said "...No" as politely as I could, haha! Same as when he asked if we used Euros! :LOL:

Archived