Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

• 1 month later...
I find your lack of faith in Mansons disturbing. Haha!

Yeah the email said it would take about 9-12 months. I was just curious about their procedure. So the DLs take the longest to build?

Are you getting a DL-1 edition 2? How long has the wait for specs been?

• 3 weeks later...
Are you getting a DL-1 edition 2? How long has the wait for specs been?

Yes I'm getting a DL-1 edition 2.

I finally heard back from Mansons today and I got some interesting news! They're offering another variation and calling it the DL-1R. Here's the info, please share your thoughts!

We are pleased to also introduce a variation on the standard DL-1 following various requests from customers which reflects features of both the original prototype Manson DL-1 and the guitar used at Reading Music festival. This version is the DL-1R and features the same spec as the current DL-1 but with a kill button switch rather than a toggle, MBK-3 pickup and Fernandes sustainer in the neck instead of the P-90.nothing

The DL-1R is available with the following options

Z-Vex Fuzz Factory install OR MXR Phase 90 install (but not both). The custom machineheads are also available as above.

Prices start at £3349 for the DL-1R version with Fernandes sustainer as standard. Prices for the additional circuits or custom hardware are as above.

Yes I'm getting a DL-1 edition 2.

I finally heard back from Mansons today and I got some interesting news! They're offering another variation and calling it the DL-1R. Here's the info, please share your thoughts!

We are pleased to also introduce a variation on the standard DL-1 following various requests from customers which reflects features of both the original prototype Manson DL-1 and the guitar used at Reading Music festival. This version is the DL-1R and features the same spec as the current DL-1 but with a kill button switch rather than a toggle, MBK-3 pickup and Fernandes sustainer in the neck instead of the P-90.nothing

The DL-1R is available with the following options

Z-Vex Fuzz Factory install OR MXR Phase 90 install (but not both). The custom machineheads are also available as above.

Prices start at £3349 for the DL-1R version with Fernandes sustainer as standard. Prices for the additional circuits or custom hardware are as above.

Wow, sounds awesome. But I think they should still have the option of the MBK2.

are you getting one?

in my opinion...

if it's the DL-1, then yes

if it's the DL-1R, then no

are you saying no to keep the spec the same as the Prototype? i know the FF is only used on a minority of songs bit that would sound meaty awesome on this geetar (DL-1R)

are you saying no to keep the spec the same as the Prototype? i know the FF is only used on a minority of songs bit that would sound meaty awesome on this geetar (DL-1R)

I was thinking to keep it the same as the one he used at reading (if you're getting the DL-1R)

The only reason I got the FF in my DL-1 is because that's supposed to be like the original. Same reason I went for the custom hardware.

Unfortunately I'm too scared to add anything else to it like rust_relic did with his

Image0216.jpg

oh you puritans !!

im not sure i can wield a massive collection of guitars as ive got keyboards, electronics and 2 drumkits too, my toy room is running out of space. If i was to have a guitar with a FF the DL-1 would be it, even more so with the DL-1R (i was going to have the MBK-3 anyhow, as well as the custom h/w).

I dont deny the MXR phase would also be interesting.. just not as good as the FF (silly gimmick - yeah but no).. would love to play Fury with effects n all. as well as trying out SS.. as you say more in keeping with the original.

That DL-1 with the GK midi kit, phase and FF (drools), that must be a tight fit :D TOO MANY knobs ;)

Also has the Piezo Bridge as per the original, only difference to the original is I have an extra Piezo/Magnetic switch where the pickup selector is on the original. The 3 smaller knobs are Piezo Volume, GK Kit Volume & Tone, also as per the original

http://www.musewiki.org/images/Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

:)

both are things of beauty.. i see the GK midi strip is mounted slightly forward compared to original build on the manson pic. no doubt it's an extremely versatile guitar... just a bit of a bugger to keep clean without harming the finish.

The guitar face is covered in fingerprints and smudges, It would have been a total pain to try and keep it clean and pristine so don't bother!

Very versatile, the manson pickups, fuzz and phase go through the killswitch and the piezo doesn't so can do lots of different combinations

Matt played Plug in Baby on Top of the Pops with his guitar and didn't need a pedalboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgePsf5ioc :)

Matt played Plug in Baby on Top of the Pops with his guitar and didn't need a pedalboard!

:)

..that was back in the days when there were no guitar techs doing the pedals too!!

PiB got me %110 hooked on Muse, i knew then that they was going to be something special.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived