Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Just had bad experiences dealing with customs and other details here in indonesia...

Had a few packages gone missing entirely and a few packages with outrageous tax policies...

I have a stratocaster missing somewhere... Don't want to risk it...

Ahh... Right... Sorry....

I guess i'll head there then... But anyway, I have access to a high tech vacuum "chrome" facility. So its not going to be much of a hassle...

Right on my way to the right thread then... Thanks anyways...

Ahh... Right... Sorry....

I guess i'll head there then... But anyway, I have access to a high tech vacuum "chrome" facility. So its not going to be much of a hassle...

Right on my way to the right thread then... Thanks anyways...

Ah right. I'd still do aluminium as chroming's very hit and miss and in my opinion aluminium looks better!

Not sure if this question would be considered taboo but...for those of you who are lucky enough to have both the MB-1 and the DL-1 which of the two do you prefer? I know that's like asking which one of your two children you like better but the reason I ask is because I've always wanted a Delorean going back years before Mansons even considered building them. When I saw Matt using the M1D1 for the first time I gotta admit I found myself lost for words by the awesome sounds he could produce using the kaoss pad. But I always thought the Delorean was a more solid and practical guitar. But the more I see that beautiful red glitter finish on the MB-1 the more I wants the precious!!! :p

Not sure if this question would be considered taboo but...for those of you who are lucky enough to have both the MB-1 and the DL-1 which of the two do you prefer? I know that's like asking which one of your two children you like better but the reason I ask is because I've always wanted a Delorean going back years before Mansons even considered building them. When I saw Matt using the M1D1 for the first time I gotta admit I found myself lost for words by the awesome sounds he could produce using the kaoss pad. But I always thought the Delorean was a more solid and practical guitar. But the more I see that beautiful red glitter finish on the MB-1 the more I wants the precious!!! :p

I´m fortunate to have them both and that´s a really hard question to answer. They are both very unique in their own way.

But if someone put a gun to my head and made me choose I think I would have kept the MB-1. Very few other guitars come even close to the creativity put into this guitar. There are limitless possibilities with the XY (which I have barely explored so far) and the sustainer is a very cool feature also. It really makes the guitar scream and sing. There are so many sounds you can pull out of the MB-1. On top of that comes the unique looks. The red finish is very beautiful.

The DL-1 is of course also a very nice guitar. Sounds and looks awesome. Still it´s a more "normal" guitar compared to the MB-1. The buit in Fuzz Factory is a cool gimmick but virtually useless most of the time. Sonically it´s a much more plain guitar than the MB-1.

Thankfully I´m able to keep them both:) And I´m sure you will be very happy whichever one you end up with.

Really difficult to choose, but I would have to say the MB-1, although not by far. Maybe it's just because I've "bonded" with that guitar more. There isn't really a difference as far as build quality goes (they feel pretty much the same to play), but I think both have their pros and cons.

MB-1 pros:

more versatile with the MIDI pad and sustainer

red glitter finish :awesome:

MB-1 cons:

doesn't have a "real" neck pickup

sustainer causes string noise

DL-1 pros:

sounds better (although I can't really compare since they have different pickups)

not nearly as heavy for some reason

DL-1 cons:

the inbuilt fuzz and phaser aren't all that useful

chrome hardware looks out of place

Get both. :ninja:

I asked Adrian the very same question when I was at Mansons the other week, just to see what he'd say. He replied that if you gave him the option of both of them with no internal effects, then he'd take the DL-1 because it's such a great rock guitar and the aluminium gives something really different. But as soon as you include the effect options, the MB-1 has to take it really. It's just so versatile. So it depends what you're looking for. ;)

I asked Adrian the very same question when I was at Mansons the other week, just to see what he'd say. He replied that if you gave him the option of both of them with no internal effects, then he'd take the DL-1 because it's such a great rock guitar and the aluminium gives something really different. But as soon as you include the effect options, the MB-1 has to take it really. It's just so versatile. So it depends what you're looking for. ;)

by internal effects do you mean the xy controller? makes sense really considering how limp the mb1 would be without it

by internal effects do you mean the xy controller? makes sense really considering how limp the mb1 would be without it

I originally ordered mine without the X-Y :facepalm: changed it shortly after though.

I do like kev's guitar though...

d7004174.jpg

Archived