Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

A black MBK-3 would look nice! I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask!

James, is that your DL-1? Looks just like the real thing! I'm not sure if it's just the gloss from the camera flash but is the black paint on the MBK-2 starting to peel?

A black MBK-3 would look nice! I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask!

James, is that your DL-1? Looks just like the real thing! I'm not sure if it's just the gloss from the camera flash but is the black paint on the MBK-2 starting to peel?

That one belongs to the user rust_relic, who had Mansons modify it a bit so it's more like the original. Mine has the chrome MBK-3, custom hardware, and fuzz factory:

Manson_DL-1.jpg

And yeah, they did a batch of black covered MBKs a while back, but the covering wasn't too durable. The ones they currently have (or at least the last ones) are supposed to be more durable

Oh and just in case you want to do the same thing with yours, you'd have to have it shipped over and send it back... they have to be sold as Matt Bellamy signature guitars apparently, so you only really get the options they offer UNLESS you bring it back to be customized afterwards.

I'm pretty happy with mine (haven't changed a thing on it), but the bridge pickup does look a bit out of place.

What spec do you plan to go for? I highly recommend the MBK-3 for this guitar

Your DL-1 looks awesome James, especially with the custom hardware :)

Hmmm....I wonder if what ever paint Mansons uses to coat the pick up would affect the sound at all? I guess I can ask Adrian that once they contact me for the specs...

I plan on getting the DL-1FP with the MBK-3 (possibly black if available and if it doesnt affect the sound) with custom hardware. I also would like for them to fit some Schaller strap locks on and a Manson Deluxe leather strap. Would they be able to do that for me? I rather have them fit them on from the get go rather than having to fit them later myself and possibly stripping it.

Harley y :stunned:

If we start worrying about how much a thin layer of paint over the pickup cover is going to affect the sound, we may as well worry about how much the material your shirt is made of will colour your tone.

Wait, are you telling me you don't take that into consideration?

Harley y :stunned:

If we start worrying about how much a thin layer of paint over the pickup cover is going to affect the sound, we may as well worry about how much the material your shirt is made of will colour your tone.

So you haven't been on thegearpage before?

tone is in the wardrobe

Oh and PeterM, it won't make a difference.

Wow, that must give you quite a raw sound. You still wear the hipster/graham coxon rip off glasses though right?

Yeah it really suits our stripped down sound olol. Also bitch please, those glasses need me more than I need them.

Although unfortunately I do need them :(

So you haven't been on thegearpage before?

tone is in the wardrobe

I try my hardest to stay away from thegearpage, it actually angers me how anal they are over there. Even worse is when they spent hours being finicky about choosing with volume knobs give the cleanest tone and what temperature they kept their gear room at, then go and plug their shit into a Marshall MGFX.

But yeah the wood needs to breathe, k?

I like to throw my guitar around a bit, knock it about here and there. Helps to build character for a nice full tone.

I'm hoping that enough cheese will emanate from my feet and be absorbed by the guitar so that one day I may perfect Guiding Light

If you lot aren't going to talk about anything KnT related, then go here

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=85836

Ooooh yeah.

So yeah, birdseye maple necks.

Toan.

The quality of this birdseye.

HHNHNNHGGGH oh god this birdseye.

So many birdseyes.

HNGNGHGNGN toan and birdseye.

Handmade in the UK.

Birdseye.

Toan.