Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully way before our jam, Lee! ;)

i think you're going to miss out mate.. stupid holidays!! :p

DL1s%20All%20together.jpg

I see a few of DL-1s without fret dots, kinda want :(

Have you got a bigger picture mr bobbles? i wanna see how my baby was made :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The paint on the original effectless prototype in the shop was always my favourite - they don't have it in there anymore so not sure whatever happened to that one - it was a really nice textured finish though - not really practical for batches of guitars I guess but I always loved that.

The paint on the original effectless prototype in the shop was always my favourite - they don't have it in there anymore so not sure whatever happened to that one - it was a really nice textured finish though - not really practical for batches of guitars I guess but I always loved that.

This one?

http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/manson-dl-1-4654

It wasn't there earlier this year. Only saw the original prototype, which I'm pretty sure has the same paint as the double neck.

I always thought that guitar without the effects was a random one they took a picture of. If I didn't know any better, the lack of effects would make me think it's Kev's :ninja: but it has a different bridge pickup

Yeah I think it was that one - they had several DL-1 prototypes apparently but I always liked the textured paint on that one. I asked Adrian about it last time I was there because they had a newer one and I don't think he could even think what happened to the old one, haha!

Yeah I think it was that one - they had several DL-1 prototypes apparently but I always liked the textured paint on that one. I asked Adrian about it last time I was there because they had a newer one and I don't think he could even think what happened to the old one, haha!

What is this textured paint though? It's not like on the first batch of DL-1s is it?

I don't know if they included it on the first batch or not - maybe not. It was like a sparkling silver grey but it was lightly textured so it was like...I don't know...not sandpaper or something obviously, nowhere near that course, but it just had a slightly rough but soft texture to it that I really liked.

I don't know if they included it on the first batch or not - maybe not. It was like a sparkling silver grey but it was lightly textured so it was like...I don't know...not sandpaper or something obviously, nowhere near that course, but it just had a slightly rough but soft texture to it that I really liked.

Sounds different from what mine has. It's not sparkling, but it's fairly textured. Matches the top perfectly at least. I'll try to get a picture up later.

What paint did your custom have for the cavities?

Well, that paint on that DL-1 prototype was what I asked for, haha! I don't know what actually got used in the end though - doesn't really matter I suppose.

Doesn't really matter? DOESN'T REALLY MATTER?

I can't believe you just said that. :mad: We all know how well planned out you had this custom! right down to the paint in the cavities.

I have to say I'm impressed with the amount of thought that went into it though. I've always ended up changing a number of things on mine.

It wasn't this was it?

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c5gm/image19rw

I think that's the same as "double neck silver"

Haha, nah, it wasn't a smooth matte finish, it was textured somehow that gave it this really sparkly look - it was what I wanted in the cavities but I don't think they did that in the end - it's almost the most minor of minor details though and something I'm only ever going to see a very small amount of so it's not something I'm massively bothered about, haha! Thanks though - I did find it interesting when I was talking to them about it at some point and they said they were kind of surprised that more people didn't plan that kind of detail out when ordering something like a custom at least.

Haha, nah, it wasn't a smooth matte finish, it was textured somehow that gave it this really sparkly look - it was what I wanted in the cavities but I don't think they did that in the end - it's almost the most minor of minor details though and something I'm only ever going to see a very small amount of so it's not something I'm massively bothered about, haha! Thanks though - I did find it interesting when I was talking to them about it at some point and they said they were kind of surprised that more people didn't plan that kind of detail out when ordering something like a custom at least.

Really? I swear it had silver cavities, but then didn't take pictures of it because I was afraid you'd be angry SO I TOUCHED IT INSTEAD

And I understand Matt isn't detailed at all when ordering new guitars. Though I imagine he had to have SOME input with the most recent ones as they're pretty different.

I usually just send a detailed but not that detailed spec list. Last one was spec'd out while I was there and is basically a carbon copy of an existing guitar (you'll see why #soon). Might ask them to include that spec list if they still have it...

Here are some pics of mine, only had the iphone to hand. Not sure if the back paint is different from the other run but it still looks great. My baby is getting worn in slowly. This thread seems to have quietened down quite a bit!

I thought they were raw aluminium!!:eek:

I asked for glitter silver in the cavities too, mainly because I remember seeing how scuzzy the E71 looked. That guitar show made me request two things: make sure cavities were painted so when you peer underneath the tremolo you can see the silver glitter finish and second sort the mirror headstock. Unfortunately specifying that kind of detail upfront isn't going to matter, mentioning it nearer the spraying part helped.

Archived