Fish Custard

Great, now they won't just play it all the time, they will be proud of it too. :rolleyes:

:p

True and wise words.

They will proudly play this for us in California.

It wouldn't be so bad if they will play a rotation song in addition to FG which appears to be Matt's great love. We can hope. It's a new leg and Matt's getting a whole lot of healthy California living currently. A new energy boost we hope!

that is great. and why not? this song always get huuuuge reaction from the crowd.It is a brilliant cover.

The simple fact is that it is just NOT the best cover song ever made. I don't know what people must have been thinking when they were voting it up there, but there's no way in this life or the next that it's better than All Along The Watchtower, or Hurt.

There was one stage where tATu were top of the poll, so NME polls are not often to be trusted as true judgments.

The simple fact is that it is just NOT the best cover song ever made. I don't know what people must have been thinking when they were voting it up there, but there's no way in this life or the next that it's better than All Along The Watchtower, or Hurt.

There was one stage where tATu were top of the poll, so NME polls are not often to be trusted as true judgments.

you are clearly a rant monster troll thing....did you not read the damn topic? it said best cover version...not cover song. it means that of ALL of versions of this song, done by multiple bands, that this one by muse is the best. which i have to agree...followed closely by michael buble. soooo....your not to be trusted on your judgement.......FAILBOT!

Long before I got bored of it at live shows I skipped the song on the album, just never really liked it, I prefer Nina's version. And IMO, best cover of all time has to go to Johnny Cash - Hurt :erm: that was just perfect and despite my love for NIN, his version was literally flawless, it fitted the song so much more.

:yesey:

And about AATW, I do love Hendrix' version but still prefer Dylan's... :$

PS It's just three or four minutes in a gig and it always goes down well. I think that the battle for the anti Feeling Good brigade is well and truly lost!

First, I feel i should say that I like FG, I think it's fun live :) That said, it's short, yes, but I just think it would be better if there was another piano song in the setlist. I was perfectly happy with the piano sections at Wembley, having USoE + FG + something else both nights, I wish they'd do that at every gig :yesey:

IMO, during the arena shows they're not doing enough to showcase the piano-ey side of Muse with only playing two songs. Then the fact that (in the US at least) it's always the same two songs, one of which is an old cover, adds to the frustration. I can tolerate always playing USoE since it's off the new album, but if they're going to insist on playing only 2 piano songs it would be nice if they'd occasionally rotate another one in.

Umm... yeah, Interesting poll result. The Feeling Good lovers were victorious.

Long before I got bored of it at live shows I skipped the song on the album, just never really liked it, I prefer Nina's version. And IMO, best cover of all time has to go to Johnny Cash - Hurt :erm: that was just perfect and despite my love for NIN, his version was literally flawless, it fitted the song so much more.

I agree 100% about Nina's version. Nina's version is on my iPod. Muse's version is not.

Bad Muse fan. Very bad Muse fan.

BTW, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt really is a thing of beauty.

And IMO, best cover of all time has to go to Johnny Cash - Hurt :erm: that was just perfect and despite my love for NIN, his version was literally flawless, it fitted the song so much more.

This exactly. It is so much more emotive and knowing all that he and his wife had been through gives it heaps of depth. Wonderful cover.

Muse's FG cover is very good imo, but it depends on what style of music you like when it comes to covers.

you are clearly a rant monster troll thing....did you not read the damn topic? it said best cover version...not cover song. it means that of ALL of versions of this song, done by multiple bands, that this one by muse is the best. which i have to agree...followed closely by michael buble. soooo....your not to be trusted on your judgement.......FAILBOT!

There is no difference between a cover version and a cover song. Also, his opinion is one that could almost be considered true, there is no 'best' cover version/song. There's not even a 'best' song. I trust his judgement, I agree with him. You're a fail Ultimate Mues Defendor.

Stfu.

+1

That johnny cash version is fantastic and has so much emotion...

First, I feel i should say that I like FG, I think it's fun live :) That said, it's short, yes, but I just think it would be better if there was another piano song in the setlist. I was perfectly happy with the piano sections at Wembley, having USoE + FG + something else both nights, I wish they'd do that at every gig :yesey:

IMO, during the arena shows they're not doing enough to showcase the piano-ey side of Muse with only playing two songs. Then the fact that (in the US at least) it's always the same two songs, one of which is an old cover, adds to the frustration. I can tolerate always playing USoE since it's off the new album, but if they're going to insist on playing only 2 piano songs it would be nice if they'd occasionally rotate another one in.

Exactly... my main problem with FG live is that the piano section is only 2 songs and one is USoE because they are promoting the new album and FG is taking the place of better and original piano songs.

imo AP / Hoodoo / Sunburn / RBS / Screenager / Space Dementia >>>>>>>>>>> Feeling Good

I am sure I wouldn't mind it so much if there were a real piano section of about 3/4 songs.

Archived