Fish Custard

Oh it's incredible. :LOL: Not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBjatkVtzY

It's all wrong. Topless. Shiny trousers. :LOL:

This comment made me lol so much- Jason at the start is pure fucking rock and roll. Hendrix sucks Jason Orange's massive dick.

the fuck is this :stunned:

I don't mind Feeling Good, I just want them to play more of their own damn music. But Johnny Cash's version of Hurt should have won, hands down. It is heartbreakingly beautiful.

Oh it's incredible. :LOL: Not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBjatkVtzY

It's all wrong. Topless. Shiny trousers. :LOL:

This comment made me lol so much- Jason at the start is pure fucking rock and roll. Hendrix sucks Jason Orange's massive dick.

That is an absolute insult to Nirvana....I watched with my mouth open in shock for the whole of the clip!!! What on earth were they thinking!!! I need a strong drink.....now......

haha...

now there is no chance of it being dropped from the live set list!

Can I hear a "Looks like we are going to need a bigger banner" :)

Well if you do you should write "SOME of the board" because there are many people here not backing your wish, so you can't speak for the whole board.

Actually right now I think it's cool Muse won a poll nobody on the board knew about :chuckle:

Well if you do you should write "SOME of the board" because there are many people here not backing your wish, so you can't speak for the whole board.

Actually right now I think it's cool Muse won a poll nobody on the board knew about :chuckle:

There was a thread about it when the poll was active...

The first night at Wembley I stood still and silent during FG.

The second night I sang 'Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking little fucking, fucking little fucking, fucking fucker, yeah' during the megaphone section. It didn't seem so bad having to hear FG after having heard Ruled By Secrecy just before.

There are so many better covers than Muse's Feeling Good.

Someone needs to learn to read. :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with covers of Feeling Good, but all covers, hence the list in the article:

Top 10 best cover versions:

1. Muse - Feeling Good.

2. The Beatles - Twist and Shout.

3. Johnny Cash - Hurt.

4. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe.

5. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night.

6. The Clash - I Fought The Law.

7. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah.

8. Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower.

9. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

10. The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself.

Although that list is all sorts of wrong. Where's Sid Vicious's cover of My Way, Nina Simone's version of I Put A Spell On You, Elvis' version of Hound Dog, The Animals and House Of The Rising Sun, Whitney Houston and I Will Always Love You, Nouvelle Vague's version of Too Drunk To Fuck, Soft Cell with Tainted Love...

Although Muse's version of Feeling Good is good, they hardly own the song in the way some of those I just mentioned do, as in most people think they wrote it!

Edit - Then there's the multitude of covers of Jacques Brel songs, many of which of classic songs in their own right.

Yes to all those! Plus!!!1 Creedance Clearwater Revival - Heard it Through the Grapevine :(:(

Just a few of the many cover versions that are better than Feeling Good:

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World

LCD Soundsystem - No Love Lost

Editors - Road To Nowhere

Fine Young Cannibals - Suspicious Minds

Rage Against The Machine - Renegades Of Funk

The White Stripes - Jolene

and all of Richard Cheese's back catalogue.

Muse's version of Feeling Good is not terrible but there's so much better. Even their version of Can't Take My Eyes Off You is better.

I speak for only me - and me likes Feeling Good but I know a few who don't like it played live every time and they made a banner. They may need a bigger one now!

Feeling Good & Starlight - rule!!! :)

I think it's great they were voted for best cover. Of course it's just a matter of taste, to a certain extent, but I think their version is really iconic for the present time.

I just want to point out that Nina Simone's version of Feeling Good is a cover too, the song was written by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse for The Roar of the Greasepaint the Smell of the Crowd...a musical.

I laughed so hard when I saw the news about this poll, considering all the love this song received here lately :D

I guess it would be wise to stop signing the anti-megaphone banner with a "the bloody messageboard" :happy: Not appropriate anymore.

By the way, can you hear Space Dementia first notes at 0:14? Thank you Matt ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXY-ZgXVxw

I laughed so hard when I saw the news about this poll, considering all the love this song received here lately :D

I guess it would be wise to stop signing the anti-megaphone banner with a "the bloody messageboard" :happy: Not appropriate anymore.

I'm guessing you want Matt to stop saying "This is for the bloody messageboard" too since not everyone here wants to hear Citizen Erased and other "oldies".

I'm guessing you want Matt to stop saying "This is for the bloody messageboard" too since not everyone here wants to hear Citizen Erased and other "oldies".

OK I see your point. I really don't care if he dedicates Bliss (or CE?) to the bloody messageboard, as long as they actually play it.

I personally like the song, i dont require to hear it every live show however but it is a great song and an amazing cover. In terms of the list although muse are my favourite band i will have to agree with others, it probably shouldnt have won. I personally would have put Jeff Buckley at the top, a beautiful rendition of Hallelujah. and Johnny cash second. although it still pales in comparison to the NIN original. feeling good would have came third.

Megaphone rules!! I still wonder how the idea sprang up to use it in the song

I dont see any one having any problems with the worst covers ever, you've got to admit there is some crap on there

I think it is. I really don't like CTMEOY at all.

I like Feeling Good, Matt's voice sounds great on it. It's far from my favourite Muse song but I like it nonetheless.

CTMEOY is better than Feeling Good, but both are rubbish when compared to Please, Please, Please and House of the Rising Sun.

Archived