Fish Custard

you are clearly a rant monster troll thing....did you not read the damn topic? it said best cover version...not cover song. it means that of ALL of versions of this song, done by multiple bands, that this one by muse is the best. which i have to agree...followed closely by michael buble. soooo....your not to be trusted on your judgement.......FAILBOT!

Did you not read the damn ARTICLE?

"More than 15,000 music fans took part in the poll, which placed Twist And Shout by The Beatles in second place and Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails song Hurt at three."

FAILDEFENDING!

PS It's just three or four minutes in a gig and it always goes down well. I think that the battle for the anti Feeling Good brigade is well and truly lost!

Anti Feeling Good brigade says no.

The cover is overplayed and it's sad that a cover song is what Muse receive so much acknowledgement for.

Another overplayed cover I can think of that I personally prefer to Muse's Feeling Good - Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah :yesey:

I prefer Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah over Jeff Buckley's (and I don't like Burke) :)

I see listed: Radiohead - 'Nobody Does It Better' - that sounds interesting

&

Take That - 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' - holy s***!!!!

you are clearly a rant monster troll thing....did you not read the damn topic? it said best cover version...not cover song. it means that of ALL of versions of this song, done by multiple bands, that this one by muse is the best. which i have to agree...followed closely by michael buble. soooo....your not to be trusted on your judgement.......FAILBOT!

Someone needs to learn to read. :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with covers of Feeling Good, but all covers, hence the list in the article:

Top 10 best cover versions:

1. Muse - Feeling Good.

2. The Beatles - Twist and Shout.

3. Johnny Cash - Hurt.

4. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe.

5. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night.

6. The Clash - I Fought The Law.

7. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah.

8. Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower.

9. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

10. The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself.

Although that list is all sorts of wrong. Where's Sid Vicious's cover of My Way, Nina Simone's version of I Put A Spell On You, Elvis' version of Hound Dog, The Animals and House Of The Rising Sun, Whitney Houston and I Will Always Love You, Nouvelle Vague's version of Too Drunk To Fuck, Soft Cell with Tainted Love...

Although Muse's version of Feeling Good is good, they hardly own the song in the way some of those I just mentioned do, as in most people think they wrote it!

Edit - Then there's the multitude of covers of Jacques Brel songs, many of which of classic songs in their own right.

Someone needs to learn to read. :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with covers of Feeling Good, but all covers, hence the list in the article:

Top 10 best cover versions:

1. Muse - Feeling Good.

2. The Beatles - Twist and Shout.

3. Johnny Cash - Hurt.

4. Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe.

5. Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night.

6. The Clash - I Fought The Law.

7. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah.

8. Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower.

9. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine.

10. The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself.

Although that list is all sorts of wrong. Where's Sid Vicious's cover of My Way, Nina Simone's version of I Put A Spell On You, Elvis' version of Hound Dog, The Animals and House Of The Rising Sun, Whitney Houston and I Will Always Love You, Nouvelle Vague's version of Too Drunk To Fuck, Soft Cell with Tainted Love...

Although Muse's version of Feeling Good is good, they hardly own the song in the way some of those I just mentioned do, as in most people think they wrote it!

Unf, these 2. I was thinking they should have been there to :(

And having Feeling Good immediately after Ruled By Secrecy was just offensive.

i honestly have no recollection of Feeling Good on the saturday... I was still trying to take in what I'd just heard and too busy wiping off the tears and mascara off my cheeks :LOL:

Oh it's incredible. :LOL: Not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBjatkVtzY

It's all wrong. Topless. Shiny trousers. :LOL:

This comment made me lol so much- Jason at the start is pure fucking rock and roll. Hendrix sucks Jason Orange's massive dick.

ffffuuuuuuu I'm at work and can't watch it right now but your description of it makes me want to see it even more. :LOL::LOL:

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/09/22/muse-s-feeling-good-voted-best-cover-version-115875-22577553/

I suppose because it's overplayed to DEATH we forget that it's actually quite good :LOL:

Congrats!

FG was one of those songs which blew me away when I listened to it first! I was so happy seeing FG live in Austria at my first gig.

Give muse fans an NME poll and we all know what happens... Hurt > Feeling Good

Exactly this, the guys at work mentioned it to me this morning after it was in the Star and the first thing i said was "Is it an NME poll?"

Hurt should have won. Any song by someone im not even a particularly big fan of that is so powerful it makes me tear up most times i listen to it would do :yesey:

This comment made me lol so much- Jason at the start is pure fucking rock and roll. Hendrix sucks Jason Orange's massive dick.

Omg, i knew this existed but id never watched it before, how horrible :LOL:

:stunned:

when i thought i had seen everything in the wrong dept i came across this and discovered there is an all other level of wrong i didn't know could exist...

Hurt should have won. Any song by someone im not even a particularly big fan of that is so powerful it makes me tear up most times i listen to it would do :yesey:

This... I think this cover from johnny cash is one of the most emotional song/performance ever made. I get a knot in my stomach every time I listen to it.

Archived