Aye, Dead Star for me as well.

For some reason, I keep coming back to Escape, over and over again. I keep rediscovering its awesomeness every five minutes it seems, but here's something new:

The Escape EP. During "I take ball all the things that I said", he sounds like a fucking murderer. It's gorgeous.

Soldier's Poem. I liked it, but I thought of it as a filler, it didn't interest me that much. Nowadays, I love it. It's such a soft, pretty song that shows off Muse's diversity. I love the relaxing, quiet feel of the song, as well as the drums and acoustic guitar. I also like the Queen-influenced backing vocals, which get better when you listen to them with headphones. :happy: I also like how Soldier's Poem lets the listener relax after Map of the Problematique, while setting them up for Invincible.

Soldier's Poem. I liked it, but I thought of it as a filler, it didn't interest me that much. Nowadays, I love it. It's such a soft, pretty song that shows off Muse's diversity. I love the relaxing, quiet feel of the song, as well as the drums and acoustic guitar. I also like the Queen-influenced backing vocals, which get better when you listen to them with headphones. :happy: I also like how Soldier's Poem lets the listener relax after Map of the Problematique, while setting them up for Invincible.

The song sounds calm, but the lyrics are definitely not. I thought the disparity between the two was intriguing. It makes me focus on the lyrics, not necessarily the sound. It's not my favorite Muse song by any means, but on HAARP, it created an eerie calmness in the stadium, which was striking.

The song sounds calm, but the lyrics are definitely not. I thought the disparity between the two was intriguing. It makes me focus on the lyrics, not necessarily the sound. It's not my favorite Muse song by any means, but on HAARP, it created an eerie calmness in the stadium, which was striking.

I like the lyrics. Reminds me of a softer, more soulful plaintive poem. Appeals to a kid I know in boot camp.

Ye Gods - Just about everything that got played in Tokyo today. Going to create a new playlist to get a gist of the wicked gig.

Map of Your Head. For some reason I just picture matt sitting cross legged on the beach wearing board short and a large straw hat playing the ukulele :rolleyes:

Seconded. It's so relaxing. Although when the bass notes kick in for the first time, it kinda freaked me out for a little bit. But now I'm kinda used to it :LOL:

Oh, and Assassin. That song is just too awesome for words :awesome:

I like the lyrics. Reminds me of a softer, more soulful plaintive poem. Appeals to a kid I know in boot camp.

Ye Gods - Just about everything that got played in Tokyo today. Going to create a new playlist to get a gist of the wicked gig.

I agree, Soldier's Poem does sound like a soft poem. I also love Matt's vocals on it. :) The lyrics are good, too. They are pretty disturbing, as well as being so different from the soft, calm melody of the song.

• 2 weeks later...